The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spitters Still 1 Shotting You.

geninrising

Mobility is not my issue as I run flip and climb around a lot. The issue is that they just one shot you on direct hit even with a maxed out Vitality. which I think must be unintended otherwise whats is the dmn point in going into a mission where you know 90% of the time one ore more teammates will be 1 shotted like this.

Challenge is fun no ? imo they should be buffed even more, have them 0.5 shot you for maximum fun.

lawl I would actually like to see what being 0.5 shot would look like...^^

Tar Moas didn't get direct damage nerfed, only AOE damage. So yeah, expect just as much one shots on direct hits as before.

Edited by Marthrym

I got one-shot when they came out a few times, then never again. Well, there was an instance on Sechura where I took a level 20 Frame to get the last rank on it's Primary, and I was not paying attention and bang.

I've been on plenty of maps and got hit by lots of Tar on different Frames, but was not getting one-hit. I think DE toned it down quite a lot.

i also wonder about this... the problem with those enemies, they pretty much comeout of nowhere, sometimes it doesnt kill you and does minimal damage but sometimes it one hits you!

it should give a huge telegraph or maybe it should be less cheap...

• 4 weeks later...

1. Don't bump.

2. Deal with them, its hard TO get hit by them. The fact that you are getting hit by them means your not trying hard enough. The only time you should be oneshoted by them is if your lagging horribly.

Edited by Feallike

1. Don't buff.

2. Deal with them, its hard TO get hit by them. The fact that you are getting hit by them means your not trying hard enough. The only time you should be oneshoted by them is if your lagging horribly.

1. What do buffs have to do with them?

2. No chance of me lagging as I am Host in 100% of my games running at 90fps even while firing Kohm on Mirage with HOM going.

1. What do buffs have to do with them?

2. No chance of me lagging as I am Host in 100% of my games running at 90fps even while firing Kohm on Mirage with HOM going.

Yaa i meant bump. >.> i need to not type fast when i'm tired.

2. Then you have no excuse for getting hit by them. :D

'Keep moving'

Always a nice advice. Especially when you have to defend the pod in a rather cramped area.

That aside: I was on the ceres dark sector defence (not sure what the name is), and the tar moa's were being annoying.

Some moments they spit, it hit and the person went down. Period.

Other times (same run) we got hit by tar moa, got slowed, took damage, but could still jump out before it completely murdered us. And these were higher level than the ones which oneshotted some of my teammates (me included). A bit later we got some oneshotting tar moa's again, though.

I'm not sure if it's just because we got hit directly by the tar projectile, or because the effect is random.

Edited by Alighierian

1. Don't bump.

They get hit by them because people are getting killed standing in one place on Sechura leveling for mastery. "Wait i have to actually move out of the way of the spitty spitty thingy now?" "Screw that ill just not even move at a... WOW ONE SHOT"

Each globule will do tons of damage, scaling with level. Also they hit you easy because you aren't moving. I remember this type of complaining when the Mutalist Osprey started kill ppl standing in green stuff. WoW mechanics, move out of bad stuff and always be looking for bad stuff and prioritize the most lethal enemies. Healing Ancient > Tar Moa > Mutal Osprey... if you have a Healing Ancient out you arent gonna barely kill anything specially if they are level 60+.

There's your problem. There's currently an issue with mobs basically aimbotting for the host of a given mission. The complaints have been mostly towards Corpus and Grineer, but I'm willing to bet it affects Infested too.

Some moments they spit, it hit and the person went down. Period.

Other times (same run) we got hit by tar moa, got slowed, took damage, but could still jump out before it completely murdered us. And these were higher level than the ones which oneshotted some of my teammates (me included). A bit later we got some oneshotting tar moa's again, though.

I'm not sure if it's just because we got hit directly by the tar projectile, or because the effect is random.

This. I have been assuming there is some type of bug with Tar Moa's damage because of how inconsistent it is. Sometimes my uber Armor Valkyr can laugh off tar damage, the next second she is taking insane burst damage... To the point that I have even rarely been essentially OHKO with +1200 armor + Warcry.

Boggles the mind.

I like the inclusion of Mutalist units as well, but this random insane burst damage doesn't seem right.

Edited by IlluminaZero