Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus In Bloom [Ooc]

Temperance000

Just occurred to me about that, Viper, I assume they went along the inside of the ship, going counterclockwise from the center, this would mean that Annabelle's room occurs before the Twins' room, I also used the word meditate incorrectly, meaning to use it as referring to deep thought, but not actual sleep.

And why would you argue when you already have two quite irate people against your case, and possibly come back again to do just that when you attempt to defend yourself (and there are quite a few implicit signs of anger already)?

Between two (perceived) evils, he decides that this would be his best course of action (to just go off by himself for a bit before getting back into the main things at hand).

You're missing the point, Renegade. Your character can do whatever you want him to. We aren't saying that you should suddenly change who he is, and he suddenly starts doing smart, respectful things. The point is that given what you've demonstrated he's like, he is not a good choice for this mission.

Renegade, your character, regardless of whatever justifications you may come up with for his behaviour, has shown himself to be more of a liability than an asset in my opinion. The only skill he seems capable of bringing to the table is weapons maintenance and people can understandably be sceptical about that when considering the earlier incident with his Spectra misfiring. What he has against him are his own character traits. He's disrespectful, clumsy, has issues with authority, has no regard for the consequences of his actions or desire to do better when he makes a mistake and does not acknowledge that he has even made any mistakes. These are what I gather from reading your posts.

What organization, whether military or otherwise, would want to have someone like him?

Edited by Sumika1204

And why would you argue when you already have two quite irate people against your case, and possibly come back again to do just that when you attempt to defend yourself (and there are quite a few implicit signs of anger already)?

Between two (perceived) evils, he decides that this would be his best course of action (to just go off by himself for a bit before getting back into the main things at hand). 

Two irate people against my case? The hell are you talking about? We don't understand why you'd pick an OC like that to join in on a mission where he'll have to answer for his actions to a superior and be locked up in a ship for god knows how long. Do you understand that there really aren't any IC reasons for the Command staf to let him stay?

What organization, whether military or otherwise, would want to have someone like him?

Actual geniuses in their field of work. 

Two irate people against my case? The hell are you talking about? We don't understand why you'd pick an OC like that to join in on a mission where he'll have to answer for his actions to a superior and be locked up in a ship for god knows how long. Do you understand that there really aren't any IC reasons for the Command staf to let him stay?

'Against your case' is with regards to Alfrond (i.e.: IC), not you (i.e.: OOC). 

So maybe I should be asking that question. 

Actual geniuses in their field of work. 

'Against your case' is with regards to Alfrond (i.e.: IC), not you (i.e.: OOC). 

So maybe I should be asking that question. 

Alfrond's intelligence is declared but not seen, due to his actions.

In which it already sets up that stage nice and good. 

At this point, given Alfrond's behaviour up until now, that seems rather out of character for him.

An officer has zero use for the smartest person in the world if they don't follow orders, or even display the slightest common sense or respect. A high IQ or a valuable skillset makes them more valuable, and makes some offense or grumbling tolerable, but not in the extremes that Alfrond has demonstrated.

And to answer your vague question; can you see what we're talking about? That such a character is not a good fit for such a mission?

'Set up stage' as in: 

Letting Temperance make a decision about this, not Alfrond. 

I'd be pretty hesitant about letting Alfrond make decisions, too. Sure, I'll wait.

Edited by SnaleKing

Renegade, there's no point in arguing for your character.

You're outnumbered by literaly everyone here in terms of the capability of your character.

You can fix it, but until then, he's deemed incompetent and incapable, if not just a liability.

Edited by WingedCrusade

An officer has zero use for the smartest person in the world if they don't follow orders, or even display the slightest common sense or respect. A high IQ or a valuable skillset makes them more valuable, and makes some offense or grumbling tolerable, but not in the extremes that Alfrond has demonstrated.

Actually, even if a person does not follow orders (which I will assume as directly), he/she will still follow them indirectly (since every person has his/her favourite action to do, that means someone who knows what said person likes to do could set him/her that task [through just giving him/her the thing for him/her to look], and chances are that he/she would just pick it up and do it). 

Renegade, there's no point in arguing for your character.

You're outnumbered by literaly everyone here in terms of the capability of your character.

You can fix it, but until then, he's deemed incompetent and incapable, if not just a liability.

I think there is some room to argue for it. 

After all, his personality is just an extension of me, and I am living it quite well. 

That's horrible then, and /worse./

You DO NOT LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE SURVIVAL IS EVERYTHING, AND ANY MISTAKE CAN GET YOU KILLED.

You're a HUMAN. Not a TENNO.

You're meant to be flawed,

Whereas Tenno are supposedly beings of honor and grace, and on a daily basis have to survive between fighting Grineer, Corpus, and the undead.

Tell me that again.

That is the honest definition of insane right there.

You're pulling the same actions, /in a universe far different than ours/ and expecting the outcome the same.

Edited by WingedCrusade

That's horrible then, and /worse./

You DO NOT LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE SURVIVAL IS EVERYTHING, AND ANY MISTAKE CAN GET YOU KILLED.

What do you mean, survival is not everything?

Tell that to job applicants. 

And from what I do, a mistake can get something killed. 

Actually, even if a person does not follow orders (which I will assume as directly), he/she will still follow them indirectly (since every person has his/her favourite action to do, that means someone who knows what said person likes to do could set him/her that task [through just giving him/her the thing for him/her to look], and chances are that he/she would just pick it up and do it). 

I think there is some room to argue for it. 

After all, his personality is just an extension of me, and I am living it quite well. 

That demands that you have a close relation to your superior and that they trust your judgement and ability. Rookies are always kept on shorter leash than the veterans who've proven themselves. Your frost just got there, he knows no one, and he's still acting like that.

What do you mean, survival is not everything?

Tell that to job applicants. 

And from what I do, a mistake can get something killed. 

Can get something killed? I really hope you're not working with people and use thet termenology...not animals ether for that matter.

Renegade.

Stop.

Now. Your point is invalid, because the same thing does not apply for two completely different things.

You don't live as a Tenno, you don't live in Warframe, and unless you're in a f*cking war, or you're a freaking drug dealer. I won't believe your mistake comment, and I highly doubt you're in war because you're posting /here./ Quite fluidly may I add.

I will not accept a single of your points, or your sarcastic comments, unless you find good argument to speak so.

Edited by WingedCrusade

Can get something killed? I really hope you're not working with people and use thet termenology...not animals ether for that matter.

I treat programs better than other people (because at least a program I can control very much on what I want it to do, unlike random people). 

And yes, a mistake in coding would bring down a program (which is what I am talking about anyways). 

You don't live as a Tenno, you don't live in Warframe, and unless you're in a f*cking war, or you're a freaking drug dealer. I won't believe your mistake comment, and I highly doubt you're in war because you're posting /here./ Quite fluidly may I add.

If you look around the forums a bit, there is at least one player that said that he/she lives relatively close to a war zone (although he/she writes semi-fluently in English). 

I treat programs better than other people (because at least a program I can control very much on what I want it to do, unlike random people).

And yes, a mistake in coding would bring down a program (which is what I am talking about anyways).

If you look around the forums a bit, there is at least one player that said that he/she lives relatively close to a war zone (although he/she writes semi-fluently in English).

Are you that person?

And if you'll note, I said /in/ war.

Edited by WingedCrusade

You guys having fun here? Cuz it really seems that you all are pretty partial to arguing over this even though it will most likely amount to absolutely nothing. Though it might influence the person who makes a decision, and it definitely makes you all seem animated to fight over such simple terms as this,

One character is disrespectful to a commanding officer, but shows that he could be of use.

Commanding officer will make a decision.

Since nearly all of you don't work with either of these characters, and since your characters are not currently involved with either of these characters, despite how much of a Good Samaritan all of you people are, arguing will not solve any part of this problem. At least until Temperance takes notice, responds, or makes a decision. It honestly looks like you guys would rather have Renegade be completely kicked out of the thread. And Renegade, there's nothing to argue about from your perspective, drop the trolls, come back when Temperance responds.

It is good to know how concerned you guys are about other people's characters. But this will be worked out between Temperance and Renegade(or Alfrond) so you guys pestering will not be of any assistance.

You guys having fun here? Cuz it really seems that you all are pretty partial to arguing over this even though it will most likely amount to absolutely nothing. Though it might influence the person who makes a decision, and it definitely makes you all seem animated to fight over such simple terms as this,

One character is disrespectful to a commanding officer, but shows that he could be of use.

Since nearly all of you don't work with either of these characters, and since your characters are not currently involved with either of these characters, despite how much of a Good Samaritan all of you people are, arguing will not solve any part of this problem. At least until Temperance takes notice, responds, or makes a decision. It honestly looks like you guys would rather have Renegade be completely kicked out of the thread. And Renegade, there's nothing to argue about from your perspective, drop the trolls, come back when Temperance responds.

It is good to know how concerned you guys are about other people's characters. But this will be worked out between Temperance and Renegade(or Alfrond) so you guys pestering will not be of any assistance.

You're not going to suddenly invalidate everyone's very valid points by labelling them trolls. It won't earn you the moral high ground you're gunning for, nor will your condescending tone.

And if Alfrond leaving the mission makes sense from an IC perspective, there's nothing else to consider. Which is what we're debating: if it's IC for Alfrond to leave voluntarily, and/or be booted off.

Edited by SnaleKing

*Sigh*

Thank you.

I needed that.

I don't want to see him kicked, I just simply said it's not too late to make it seem less like Alfrond doesn't give a damn about anything as to avoid it escalating to him being kicked out.

I just got caught up in the argument.

I tend to feed off mischief so if an argument starts, it takes logic to speak me down.

That does not dismiss other's points, however.

Edited by WingedCrusade