Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus In Bloom [Ooc]

Temperance000

Hey, Renegade, you need to post. The last time was two pages back, or nine days. You've had Fish waiting for Alfrond's response for three days now. You've had plenty of free time, too, judging by your activity in General Discussion and Off Topic.

Must have forgotten about the thread. 

I would try to get up a post by my timezone's morning. 

It has come to my attention recently that some RPers have not been active in this thread for an extended period of time.  Because this is not only inconsiderate to the others who must share this thread and interact their characters, but also damaging to the pacing of the thread, I have decided the following:

If, despite interactions clearly targeting their character, an RPer does not post in the IC for over a month (30 days/3-4 weeks), having given no reason for their absence or having shown extensive activity elsewhere on the forum, they will be issued one warning via PM or this OoC thread.  If they do not respond, their character will be assumed unimportant and summarily ignored, before being co-opted by the GM for use as a Red Shirt.

It is my hope that this policy will allow us to keep the thread moving forward at a reasonable pace.  Please note that this rule will not apply if you tell someone about your absence ahead of time.

Thanks,

Temperance000

Lemme get this straight: That's not "the signal". That's an entirely different signal beamed from another portion of empty space. Two different arcs, this one involving an enemy not at all in cahoots with the other enemy.

Since we've stopped for no real reason (warp drives just work so you have to jump, recharge, jump? That sure doesn't seem likely) why don't we get a third signal that tells us where to fuel up along the way, maybe get some snacks for the road? I know I love me some Charger tacos.

Lemme get this straight: That's not "the signal". That's an entirely different signal beamed from another portion of empty space. Two different arcs, this one involving an enemy not at all in cahoots with the other enemy.

Since we've stopped for no real reason (warp drives just work so you have to jump, recharge, jump? That sure doesn't seem likely) why don't we get a third signal that tells us where to fuel up along the way, maybe get some snacks for the road? I know I love me some Charger tacos.

It's like a Mass Effect relay from the game - well, Mass Effect. They can only shoot you so far.

AND hey, stop being sarcastic! I'm the only sarcastic fruitloop here!

Edited by WingedCrusade

We're not stopped, STMPD.  We're just cruising on sublight until we get through Hieracon.  Then we'll be jumping again. 

I'm just using the opportunity to set up a few more obvious teasers for my Secrets overarch, which runs parallel to Signal.

In short, nothing for you to worry about.  This is not supposed to make sense yet.  You have to figure out what it means for yourself.  IC.  Happy hunting :)

Edited by Temperance000

One, Alfrond's an &#!, not going to lie.

Two, I'm relatively sure Tacis would have ripped the weapons from his hands and stopped him the second he even attempted pulling the trigger.

Three, joke's on Alfrond. If and when something happens, he now has /nothing./ A Tenno's powers only go so far.

Good job.

IS HE F**KING MAD?! For starters that is not how weapons work. If he ignited the ammunition in the clip then it would have exploded right in his hand (and he wouldn't have a hand left after that), he wouldn't have had the time to put it back into the weapon. And even if he did, the ignited ammunition wouldn't come out the barrel. To be shut out of the barrel a bullet needs to be put into position with a pull of the mechanism.

The clip would most likely explode inside the gun without having anything being fired out the barrel, sending shrapnel and bullets all over the place. It would ruin the gun no question about that. But holy hell he'd be injuring not only himself in this process but the ones around him as well. In this case, Tacis and the spectres with him.

This is an action that can actually get people killed, and it has killed people IRL before. Has Alfrond no regard for the life of others? Or even himself? This wasn't a smart or intelligent move it was downright stupid. And I can't believe anyone who's supposed to be a seasoned warrior would pull anything like this unless they were trying to kill themselves and/or someone. 

...I think I'm getting a heartattack

IS HE F**KING MAD?! For starters that is not how weapons work. If he ignited the ammunition in the clip then it would have exploded right in his hand (and he wouldn't have a hand left after that), he wouldn't have had the time to put it back into the weapon. And even if he did, the ignited ammunition wouldn't come out the barrel. To be shut out of the barrel a bullet needs to be put into position with a pull of the mechanism.

Blow out = destroying the barrel, not shooting things out. So that is one point countered. 

The clip would most likely explode inside the gun without having anything being fired out the barrel, sending shrapnel and bullets all over the place. It would ruin the gun no question about that. But holy hell he'd be injuring not only himself in this process but the ones around him as well. In this case, Tacis and the spectres with him.

This is an action that can actually get people killed, and it has killed people IRL before. Has Alfrond no regard for the life of others? Or even himself? This wasn't a smart or intelligent move it was downright stupid. And I can't believe anyone who's supposed to be a seasoned warrior would pull anything like this unless they were trying to kill themselves and/or someone. 

Fine, I will go change that. 

...I think I'm getting a heartattack

Good for you. Go call the medical services. 

Blow out = destroying the barrel, not shooting things out. So that is one point countered. 

Fine, I will go change that. 

Good for you. Go call the medical services. 

Just because you push the clip into the weapon it doesn't mean that a bullet is automatically put into the barrel to be shot away. So no, that thing is not countered you smartarse. Get some weapons training.

Just because you push the clip into the weapon it doesn't mean that a bullet is automatically put into the barrel to be shot away. So no, that thing is not countered you smartarse. 

What I mean is: 

When I typed out 'blow out', I meant 'destroying the barrel', not 'shooting things out', because igniting ammunition means that gaseous molecules are produced (due to combustion reactions) (and emitted from the area of least resistance, which would mean that most of the gas would emit from the opening), and since the gas is created at a fast rate, quickly jamming it back into the weapon would mean that the gas would build up at the barrel, and would blow the barrel apart a bit (due to compressed gas and having too small a hole to escape). 

So, probably just wording problems. 

You do know what that gas is for right? To send bullets flying. Bullets meant to kill. The clip would explode inside the weapon, completely ruining it, and send all kinds of nasty things flying everywhere. IRL, Alfrond would be counted as lucky if he only lost his hands.

You do know what that gas is for right? To send bullets flying. Bullets meant to kill. The clip would explode inside the weapon, completely ruining it, and send all kinds of nasty things flying everywhere. IRL, Alfrond would be counted as lucky if he only lost his hands.

I am arguing that slotting in an ignited clip into a weapon can destroy the barrel of said weapon, not whether it would blow off someone's limbs (although that would be fun to watch, but more likely than not, a simulation). 

Anyways, Warframes do have shields as well, and since explosions (or Blast damage) does not pass through shields (and the shields absorb the explosion impact), that means technically, Tenno (who are wearing Warframes) would not have their hands blown off from ignited clips. 

Shrapnel would be up to chance though. 

What I mean is: 

When I typed out 'blow out', I meant 'destroying the barrel', not 'shooting things out', because igniting ammunition means that gaseous molecules are produced (due to combustion reactions) (and emitted from the area of least resistance, which would mean that most of the gas would emit from the opening), and since the gas is created at a fast rate, quickly jamming it back into the weapon would mean that the gas would build up at the barrel, and would blow the barrel apart a bit (due to compressed gas and having too small a hole to escape). 

So, probably just wording problems.

Renegade, listen to yourself. You do not know what you are talking about. You know some chemistry and physics, and you're using it to set up a best guess for what you think would happen. As it turns out, in this case, you're incorrect. That's all.

Renegade, listen to yourself. You do not know what you are talking about. You know some chemistry and physics, and you're using it to set up a best guess for what you think would happen. As it turns out, in this case, you're incorrect. That's all.

In which that is pretty much probable?

Explosions (and the subsequent gaseous molecules that come out of it) tend to go with the path of least resistance (as that takes the least amount of work to do so), meaning that if an ignited clip is left alone, then while the clip itself may explode, depending on the material used to build the clip, a higher proportion of gas (and thus higher proportion of gas) would go up towards the opening, since that does not need as much work as blowing the clip casing apart (yet again, depending on the material). 

That also means if the ignited clip were to be quickly slotted back into the weapon in question, then the gas would also build up in the barrel, and since the ignition has a fast rate of reaction, that would mean gas is produced at a high rate, and that can blow up the barrel a small bit (since the opening of the barrel is small, and thus the rate that the gas escapes would be smaller than the rate of gas produced, in the case for the Grakata), not to mention that the clip itself could also explode, which would also then damage the barrel as well. 

You're assuming that the ignited gunpowder would not explode for long enough to put the clip back in. Gunpowder doesn't kindle or slow burn: by definition, it goes off all at once. The clip would blow up in his hand a split second after igniting it, as a series of imperceptibly spaced explosions as the bullets went off.

Mind you, it'd make sense if what you described was what Alfrond had planned to happen, and instead it literally blew up in his face. Shooting a laser into live ammo is not an exact science.

Edited by SnaleKing

You're assuming that the ignited gunpowder would not explode for long enough to put the clip back in. Gunpowder doesn't kindle or slow burn: by definition, it goes off all at once. The clip would blow up in his hand a split second after igniting it, as a series of imperceptibly spaced explosions as the bullets went off.

You heat up the bullet casing to a high enough temperature (or higher, due to heat loss from conduction), and although the casing itself is a good conductor of heat, it would take a small bit of time for the gunpowder to start igniting because of it (due to heat transfer). So, technically, you could ignite the gunpowder in the clip and have a bit of time to slot it back into the weapon through heating the casing up (and after a small bit, igniting the gunpowder within).