Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus In Bloom [Ooc]

Temperance000

Not long ago, I had the oddest idea while binge reading our two threads at midnight. Said idea fueled my tired fingers, and I wrote the following drabble. Enjoy!

{]-+-[}

It was a quiet evening.

There was no way of knowing if it was an evening or not, actually; Tenno required very little rest, and even those rest hours were usually spent in a meditative trance. Nevertheless, there was nary a soul walking through the Manifold's wide corridors.

Temperance and Tacis were in the highest seats of the Observation Deck, discussing logistics over two glasses of Orokin Era wine. Not too far away sat a crosslegged Kate playing holographic Solitaire. A bit farther away was Arthur sketching on a hard-light ebook, his sister sharpening a Despair kunai, each slowly and steadily working on their respective projects.

"Hey." Abra spoke quietly; it felt rude to interrupt the gentle silence with loud words. He picked a seat next to Kate and reclined on it comfortably before disconnecting his prosthetic arm.

"Heyo." She answered, glancing at him with a smile as she exited the holo application, then suddenly jabbed a finger in Temperance and Tacis' direction. "I had the oddest idea about those two."

Abra tinkered one-handed with the prosthetic's ulnar wiring, mentally sighing. "What was this odd thought, then?"

"If we were fictional characters-"

"Oh not this again." Abra directed Kate a warning glare. "This isn't a game, and you know that."

"Okay, if we were hypothetically fictional characters..."

Abra waved his living hand in exasperation. "Fine, go on."

"I spent a few days looking through Ceph Suda's record of Interwebs."

"Wasn't it called 'The Ultimate Archive of the World Wide Web'?"

"Yeah, whatever. What I wanted to say was that there were all these terms for fiction romance."

"... What?"

"It came to me just now; Temperance and Tacis ship very well."

"I suppose that means they'd be a good couple-" Abra realized what he was saying, and shook his head with a chuckle. "Funny, but no. Doesn't make any sense."

"Lookatem!" Kate whispered excitedly, pointing at Tacis drinking straight from the bottle and passing the ornate piece of ceramic to Temperance. "Now imagine them making out!"

"..."

"Okay, fine: you may not like guys, but it's still a pretty neat OTP."

Abra stood, reattaching the prosthetic to his stump. "Be honest with me, Kate. Have any of our conversations ever made sense?"

"Probably not."

Hm.. okay so, Arthur and Jinx get in even though Lancelot and Sahjey both said they'd be able to go after a quick check in with Sema, odd how that counts as a maybe. :/

I think Snale was a bit rushed.  I should be posting tomorrow, so we can clear things up then.

Heads up people. Wall of text with insight on Lusith's past incoming.

Um... Given the drone's recent acceptance of my data... I feel as though that may be a little unnecessary. It's interesting, but it's uneeded and will probably just annoy the proxy even more.

Now, Temp said that the tower was some sort of relay station for the Macguffin signal, but neither Khaldun or Lusith know that, to the best of my ability. So, were we ever informed of our actual purpose in scouting out the tower?

Yes. We were there to scout ahead so the Manifold may dock for Reasons-I-Don't-Remember.

Also, what Khaldun presented didn't give full extent of the actual state of the whole system. Besides, anything to keep them from being bullet ridden and swiss blocks of bloody cheese.

Edit; I THINK I remembered, but refresh me, was Lusith and the party informed of the reason for it?

Edited by WingedCrusade

Yes. We were there to scout ahead so the Manifold may dock for Reasons-I-Don't-Remember.

Also, what Khaldun presented didn't give full extent of the actual state of the whole system. Besides, anything to keep them from being bullet ridden and swiss blocks of bloody cheese.

Edit; I THINK I remembered, but refresh me, was Lusith and the party informed of the reason for it?

They were definitely informed of the need for docking, at least. Thanks for reminding me.