Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix The Event. Not All Can Spend Holidays Home , Waiting For New Active Fomorians

Coach-Aprax

Fix the Event DE. Not all can spend holidays home , waiting for new active fomorians, hoping that we can make 15 points.

There in nothing to "fix". You are 1 in 100,000 players+. Not every one can play every event every time. You are basically asking the game to adjust to fit you, because <reasons>, which you have not even specified.

You keep forgetting that some people go on a vacation for more than 1 week sometimes, and if they do, they cant do the event.

So? Are you putting the game above holiday time? Yes? Then think outside the box and find a workaround.

Edited by DSpite

You keep forgetting that some people go on a vacation for more than 1 week sometimes, and if they do, they cant do the event.

It serves those people right for trying to have a life outside video games. How dare you place your own personal health, and that of whoever you're vacationing with above a video game... For shame.

It serves those people right for trying to have a life outside video games. How dare you place your own personal health, and that of whoever you're vacationing with above a video game... For shame.

Not everyone is 10 years old and has nothing better to do than stay home on holidays

I have super S#&amp;&#036;ty internet at home, so i actually cant play any of the event untill i get home after new years. which is terrible, cause on the other events, i would have been able to farm like crazy and still get all the rewards, but for this one im actully gonna miss out on all of it...

Not everyone is 10 years old and has nothing better to do than stay home on holidays

owwhhhhh, SICK BURN!!!

Yeah let it be 30 score to get the event weapon, just let us acquire the score by repeatedly attacking the same balor fomorian. because now our earth relay is almost ded just because of most of the players just do the mission once... *or maybe DE overestimated us*

The holidays aren't the only problem. There's no real incentive to run each Fomorian more than once, Archwing missions get old fast, a lot of people still don't have a full set of Archwing mods (a lot of which are lackluster anyway), and then there are those who don't even have Archwings in general. Then there's the fact that outside of the Odonata/Imperator/Veritux, all of the other Archwings and weapons require part farming.

Someone goes down in an Archwing mission? They're probably dead. Too much distance to travel, they can't protect the person reviving them, and there's no goddamned cover in Grineer space missions.

Archwing needs refinement right now, not a high-stakes event like this.

Juggle your life / don't juggle you life.

Still not our problem.

Asking a video game to cater to you is ludicrous.

I can think of a ton of ways to get around it. Not all of them "EULA friendly". How badly you want that Vandal?

Edited by DSpite

There in nothing to "fix". You are 1 in 100,000 players+. Not every one can play every event every time. You are basically asking the game to adjust to fit you, because <reasons>, which you have not even specified.

So? Are you putting the game above holiday time? Yes? Then think outside the box and find a workaround.

No, I´m not asking DE to change it for me because I´m some buthurt pricess. LIke I said, not all warframe players have 10 years and have nothing better to do than stay home on holidays waiting and hoping for 15 points. People go on vacation , visit family and friends.You know , adult stuff. I have a family , a job , and with all this I never missed any Event or Tactical Alert because I played in my own free time.DE making me to stay home 15 days its just bad. This is what I think and I really don´t care what fanboys are saying! I´m admin on a 4k facebook warframe group and pretty much everyone is displeased on how this event is going so far.

Edited by Coach-Aprax

No, I´m not asking DE to change it for me because I´m some buthurt pricess. LIke I said, not all warframe players have 10 years and have nothing better to do than stay home on holidays waiting and hoping for 15 points. People go on vacation , visit family and friends.You know , adult stuff. I have a family , a job , and with all this I never missed any Event or Tactical Alert because I played in my own free time.DE making me to stay home 15 days is $&*&*#(%&. This is what I think and I really don´t care what fanboys are saying! I´m admin on a allmost 5k facebook warframe group and pretty much everyone is displeased on how this event is going so far.

We are ALWAYS going to get "a group" unhappy with a time framed event.

"Making you stay at home"? Seriously? It's a game? Are you sure you don't have some weird addiction problem?

Are you saying that laptops and WiFi connections don't exist? You can basically join a game with mates and AFK until they finish the event even on a remote VLC crappy connection.

I hardly think that a 5 minute session once every 24 hours is "unfair". Put Warframe on a flash drive and you can run a 5 minute session from anywhere that has a net connection.

Are you SERIOUSLY saying you can't do ANY of these?

Edited by DSpite

I hardly think that a 5 minute session once every 24 hours is "unfair". Put Warframe on a flash drive and you can run a 5 minute session from anywhere that has a net connection.

I recommend not to do that, because there is a good chance it would crash the game, and possibly kill off the flash drive. 

Just bring a laptop with Warframe on it, and play for a bit. 

I recommend not to do that, because there is a good chance it would crash the game, and possibly kill off the flash drive. 

Just bring a laptop with Warframe on it, and play for a bit. 

I'm sorry, but I'm like, a computer tech in real life. First off, you can do it fine, I've done it. You do understand that windows has options to actually use Flash Drives as extra memory? It's called ReadyBoost. Flash drives don't die from heavy usage. We are not dealing with first generation sticks that would not even hold the game size in the first place.

Also - http://www.pendrivelinux.com/

If you can run an ENTIRE OS from a a flash drive? Seriously, don't just "say stuff" with no research.

Second: You DO know that if you have WF on a Flash Drive, you can just also copy it to the PC right? It's PORTABLE. You copy the entire folder elsewhere and just run the game.

I'm sorry, but I'm like, a computer tech in real life. First off, you can do it fine, I've done it. You do understand that windows has options to actually use Flash Drives as extra memory? It's called ReadyBoost. Flash drives don't die from heavy usage. We are not dealing with first generation sticks that would not even hold the game size in the first place.

It is not recommended because you have to connect the flash drive with a USB 2.0/3.0 / Thunderbolt / Firewire 400/800 port, in which it has a chance of sudden disconnection due to bad connection contacts. 

And if it disconnects without safely ejecting the flash drive (and it is running a program from the flash drive), it would: 

1. Suddenly shut down the program (which makes sense, because you are accessing the files in the flash drive that is now not linked up to the main computer). 

2. Slowly accumulate corrupted files in the form of invisible files that slowly take up flash drive space, in which case, the best solution is to do a quick erase and re-formatting (it can happen, I have had it, I have friends that have it, and I have cleaned up multiple flash drives because of that). 

So, no, it is not recommended. 

EDIT: Not to mention that running programs through an external flash drive would typically be slower than just running it through the computer that connected the flash drive to it. 

Edited by Renegade343

No, I´m not asking DE to change it for me because I´m some buthurt pricess. LIke I said, not all warframe players have 10 years and have nothing better to do than stay home on holidays waiting and hoping for 15 points. People go on vacation , visit family and friends.You know , adult stuff. I have a family , a job , and with all this I never missed any Event or Tactical Alert because I played in my own free time.DE making me to stay home 15 days its just bad. This is what I think and I really don´t care what fanboys are saying! I´m admin on a allmost 5k facebook warframe group and pretty much everyone is displeased on how this event is going so far.

I agree.DE choosed the worst moment in history to ´´show´´ us how a relay can blow up. I allso saw a guy telling us to play on vacation warframe from a memory stick, from a laptop, an a bench with some wyfy from the closest bar or restaurant?. That´s hilarious LOL

Edited by MetalZeroFive

Its a vacation, to say games shouldn't put events around holidays is just ridiculous. Almost all games have events during this time and many are limited time.

Last holidays i was home only 12 hours and i maneged to finish the event.I´m one of those who won´t be able to get the rewards because ´´let´s make them play 15 days´´