Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Is A New Prime Wf Selected?

AbathurX

Lol why everyone is so naive, OP don't buy on S#&$ they're saying. DE simply broke their own rule bc nova is the most pupular warframe at this time so they expected high sales. I know that they also said that there's no rule but you know who does that? Sell outs. But you know what also? Devs gotta eat so dont expect anything to be fair and balanced, they gonna prime what sells best.

Edited by Noh-Varr

Trinity should have come before Nova. That's it.

Of course DE can do whatever they want and they've said that before, but by rights this spot should have been Trinity's.

What right? Did you not see Frost and Nyx in that image? There are no rights, there never were.

I figure that older frames usually get more priority, Nova's been an exception, and really, it's not a trend to skip over old frames, that's the norm so not sticking to the status quo once out of 7 total Primes isn't the worst thing possible, and it's a really neat design with a unique aspect with the moving wings and whatnot, I like her a lot. Not enough to drop $80 mind you, more like farm for her once I get done forma-ing Mesa and Mirage kind of like, counts for something I think, lol

I figure she got primed already because of the art drafts this time around, the designers most likely make a series of drafts for the Primes and Nova's won the priority because hers looked the best out of the batch and then the artists try again for whatever frame, redesigning and resubmitting in the next pick until they find the perfect look for that particular Primed frame, and then they get added too. I can see Loki Prime being submitted quite a few times until he was just right and finally added, which I can't imagine a cooler Loki Prime than what we have honestly. Just an idea on how this may work, feel free to either call me stupid, point out a devstream/link where the actual process was described, or both :)