Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Feedback / Discussion

XxMAGGOTxX

I did most of my early on playing with Frost and it was good then. Now though? I wouldn't mind, heck I'd be happy to see an overhaul for Frost taking place.

Frost is good, but still not in good shape and he isn't cold enough. So yeah he needs to have lots of buff

It doesn't scale to the range of the AoE?

It doesn't. The width of the ice wave will remain the same as one without range mods. The length will increase accordingly.

Here's some more ideas.

Freeze:

-Change to a targeted/hitscan ability like Oberon's smite.

Currently, there is only one other frame with a targeted projectile as it's first ability (which also corresponds to the buff ability of the frame, if it exists.). Trying hit to enemies, or even twitchy teammates is often impossible, with regards to lag, incorrect reticule position, etc. Having Freeze being a projectile rather than an "instant hit" doesn't add much to gameplay, just makes you clench a bit more when you miss.

-As Freeze levels up, more targets are forcibly frozen around the first target.

Abilities level up in Warframe, for whatever good reason that may be. Might as well put that at use. At level 4, Freeze would, well, freeze 4 additional targets surrounding the initial target, for a shorter duration than the initial target.

-OR-

Make above idea be a secondary effect of Freeze Force. Just suggesting this gives me a slight chill about the power creep it would induce within the ability mods though.

-Target emits a cold aura.

The enemy effected would have a constant cold aura similar to the one that Ice Wave Impedance leaves. This would persist while the target is alive, and possibly a bit after the target dies.

-Target turns into a physical obstacle on death.

We Frost users see those pretty statues everywhere as a testament to our hard work. Why not have them actually do something?

Ice Wave:

-Base waves and direction sent changes with power and rank.

At max rank, Ice wave would send out four waves in total:

One straight foward, as it is now.

One straight backwards.

Two on each side, perpendicular to your view.

-Chance for/guaranteed additional waves

At certain power intervals, additional waves may spawn alongside/perpendicular the initial wave. May be combined with the previous suggestion.

-Ability can be charged

Frost can hold down the ability button to consume more energy to launch a larger, more damaging wave.

Snow Globe:

Honestly, I feel like the globe is good where it is now in terms of it's function and performance.

-Heath indicator for Snow Globes

This has been suggested many, many times. Rhino has it, so should we!

-Stronger visual/audio cues

Again, suggested elsewhere. Things like a visible crack, or a distinct shattering/fracturing noise when a snow globe is going down. Anything. I run a mostly transparent globe with black energy for convenience... which then turns into an inconvenience as the globe slowly fades away during the heat of battle. Sometimes too subtlety for me to notice. That is, until a Bombard Eximus kills all of us when it does go down. You probably could throw a voice clip/popup of a triumphant Scrat in there for good measure.

-Solid collision globes

ahahahahahloljk

Avalanche:

Less bland damage, more CC! Rename it to "Blizzard" instead.

-Changed into a toggleable ability. Frost does his usual sky-pumping animation, and the field of ice pops up, actual snowfall optional. While active, the ability drains energy. Enemies that wander into the field are slowed, and take constant cold damage until frozen solid. Enemies that die from external sources while in the field still turn into frozen statues. Frost can cast Blizzard once more to end the ability and detonate the frozen statues for cold/puncture/whatever AOE damage.

Alternate Ultimate Ability: Absolute Zero

Frost emits a freezing wave from his location. Targets take instant damage as the wave passes over them, and are forcibly frozen/cold proc'd. The wave leaves an aura that slows targets that enter it, with the slow intensifying as the approach the origin of the wave (or Frost, provided that he stays inside his wave).

Alternate Ultimate Ability: Frostbite

Frost radiates a freezing aura that follows him around. The aura marks enemies with a unique Frostbite proc, and does periodic cold damage. Whenever a target that has a Frostbite mark is slowed by any other means, they are slowed, and snared to the spot. Whenever a target that has a Frostbite mark is hit by an attack that has Cold damage, the target is frozen instead.

It doesn't. The width of the ice wave will remain the same as one without range mods. The length will increase accordingly.

Here's some more ideas.

Freeze:

Currently, there is only one other frame with a targeted projectile as it's first ability (which also corresponds to the buff ability of the frame, if it exists.). Trying hit to enemies, or even twitchy teammates is often impossible, with regards to lag, incorrect reticule position, etc. Having Freeze being a projectile rather than an "instant hit" doesn't add much to gameplay, just makes you clench a bit more when you miss.

Abilities level up in Warframe, for whatever good reason that may be. Might as well put that at use. At level 4, Freeze would, well, freeze 4 additional targets surrounding the initial target, for a shorter duration than the initial target.

-OR-

Make above idea be a secondary effect of Freeze Force. Just suggesting this gives me a slight chill about the power creep it would induce within the ability mods though.

The enemy effected would have a constant cold aura similar to the one that Ice Wave Impedance leaves. This would persist while the target is alive, and possibly a bit after the target dies.

We Frost users see those pretty statues everywhere as a testament to our hard work. Why not have them actually do something?

Ice Wave:

One straight backwards.

At certain power intervals, additional waves may spawn alongside/perpendicular the initial wave. May be combined with the previous suggestion.

-Ability can be charged

Frost can hold down the ability button to consume more energy to launch a larger, more damaging wave.

Snow Globe:

Honestly, I feel like the globe is good where it is now in terms of it's function and performance.

Again, suggested elsewhere. Things like a visible crack, or a distinct shattering/fracturing noise when a snow globe is going down. Anything. I run a mostly transparent globe with black energy for convenience... which then turns into an inconvenience as the globe slowly fades away during the heat of battle. Sometimes too subtlety for me to notice. That is, until a Bombard Eximus kills all of us when it does go down. You probably could throw a voice clip/popup of a triumphant Scrat in there for good measure.

-Solid collision globes

ahahahahahloljk

Avalanche:

-Changed into a toggleable ability. Frost does his usual sky-pumping animation, and the field of ice pops up, actual snowfall optional. While active, the ability drains energy. Enemies that wander into the field are slowed, and take constant cold damage until frozen solid. Enemies that die from external sources while in the field still turn into frozen statues. Frost can cast Blizzard once more to end the ability and detonate the frozen statues for cold/puncture/whatever AOE damage.

Frost emits a freezing wave from his location. Targets take instant damage as the wave passes over them, and are forcibly frozen/cold proc'd. The wave leaves an aura that slows targets that enter it, with the slow intensifying as the approach the origin of the wave (or Frost, provided that he stays inside his wave).

Frost radiates a freezing aura that follows him around. The aura marks enemies with a unique Frostbite proc, and does periodic cold damage. Whenever a target that has a Frostbite mark is slowed by any other means, they are slowed, and snared to the spot. Whenever a target that has a Frostbite mark is hit by an attack that has Cold damage, the target is frozen instead.

These idea are nice, but would it be just too powerful and too cool compare to other warframe ? 

:3 

These idea are nice, but would it be just too powerful and too cool compare to other warframe ? 

Powerful? Perhaps. Cool? Of course.

The suggestions are mostly there for discussion about making the abilities in general more unique. Aside from that, i'm a strong believer in balance buffs in games, rather than nerfs. The advent of the ability mods shows us that there is alot of potential for what abilities could be. And with Warframe being called, well, "Warframe", the warframes should be the centerpiece of the game.

Frost IS too cool for other frames to handle! Ooooooh lol

Those ideas archalieus mentioned gave me a boner. I'm absolutely stunned in amazement with this dudes ideas.

+10 combo

I, sadly, have to agree with this statement for some of the powers. Though I'd love for him to be powerful, we still have to have some kind of balance.

Here's some more ideas.

Freeze:

-OR-

Ice Wave:

One straight backwards.

-Ability can be charged

Snow Globe:

-Solid collision globes

ahahahahahloljk

Avalanche:

For his 1st, so long as we don't need to lock onto a target, I'm good. If it had a wider aoe for where it hit, and left an area of cold if it didn't hit a target, that would be cool.

Ice Wave: Haha, I love the idea, but even that just creeps onto Avalanche's spot for radial AoE lockdown, even Snow Globes. Maybe a cone would be better? In the direction Frost's reticle is. In other words it'd be like an actual wave. Like Banshee's Sonic Blast wave thing, but with better range and it widens as it leaves Frost.

Or, just add knock back.

Snow Globe: I like your changes. Only buff I'd ask for is an HP boost.

Avalanche: Ugh this thing needs utility.

If I had to choose, I'd pick Blizzard as it goes extremely well with his kit as an AoE lockdown frame, both offensively or defensively. If he can also use his guns and other powers while Blizzard is active, that would be cool. He, of course, would have to stay locked down to that position though, just to be fair. Even then, Blizzard might be a bit OP.

Absolute Zero feels too much like an Ice Wave in all directions.

Frost Bite feels like I'm stepping on Embers toes too much for WoF mixed with Accelerant.

Other than that, I'd prefer if Avalanche had some CC/Utility in that it cold procs enemies that survive, and/or leaves an area of ice on the ground for a duration (affected by mods). This way DE doesn't need to do a massive overhaul to the ability, but gives it some traits to make it more than just a power for damage. I'd actually prefer this.

Edited by AlphaHorseman

I, sadly, have to agree with this statement for some of the powers. Though I'd love for him to be powerful, we still have to have some kind of balance.

For his 1st, so long as we don't need to lock onto a target, I'm good. If it had a wider aoe for where it hit, and left an area of cold if it didn't hit a target, that would be cool.

Ice Wave: Haha, I love the idea, but even that just creeps onto Avalanche's spot for radial AoE lockdown, even Snow Globes. Maybe a cone would be better? In the direction Frost's reticle is. In other words it'd be like an actual wave. Like Banshee's Sonic Blast wave thing, but with better range and it widens as it leaves Frost.

Or, just add knock back.

Snow Globe: I like your changes. Only buff I'd ask for is an HP boost.

Avalanche: Ugh this thing needs utility.

If I had to choose, I'd pick Blizzard as it goes extremely well with his kit as an AoE lockdown frame, both offensively or defensively. If he can also use his guns and other powers while Blizzard is active, that would be cool. He, of course, would have to stay locked down to that position though, just to be fair. Even then, Blizzard might be a bit OP.

Absolute Zero feels too much like an Ice Wave in all directions.

Frost Bite feels like I'm stepping on Embers toes too much for WoF mixed with Accelerant.

Other than that, I'd prefer if Avalanche had some CC/Utility in that it cold procs enemies that survive, and/or leaves an area of ice on the ground for a duration (affected by mods). This way DE doesn't need to do a massive overhaul to the ability, but gives it some traits to make it more than just a power for damage. I'd actually prefer this.

Now what interests me is why treading on Ember's territory in terms of Accelerant seems like a bad thing.

Don't get me wrong, Accelerant fuels the rest of Ember's abilties, and adds to the whole "just set everything on fire" theme of the class. But the additional slow on top of that? It seems to be just a bonus effect that they threw at the time. Something along the lines of spontaneously combusting enemies under Accelerant seems more appropriate though, doesn't it? If anything, it should invoke the imagery of a flash fire; just one small spark needed for tinder dry enemies to erupt in a massive inferno.

With all of the proposed ultimate changes, I felt that a lot of them could just function like Cataclysm, in the sense that it's an ability that is locked to a specific location once cast, rather than a mobile ability. It sounds more boring if I just say the same thing over and over, but hey.

The biggest changes I would like to see with Frost would be working on his image of the "mighty glacier" type of character. Slow, defensive, hard to kill. A character that has trouble chasing down and apprehending fast targets, but excels at making his territory known to his enemies. I read somewhere a long time back about Frost's gameplay and his globe, which went something like:

"Frost may be slow, but inside his Snow Globe, he is god."

---Bonus edit edition aka why does night watcher have no defense

Thanks for all the support thus far for these ideas, especially from the OP! On a side note, can you update the opening post with the ideas we've gathered thus far in this thread? Some links to specific posts would look nice up front as well. If we keep things organized and thought out, i'd give us a snowball's chance in hell for DE to notice and maybe even add in some of these suggestions.

Edited by Archalieus

Ugh, I hate how my arguments with some people made the topic of powers come into play during the Hot Topics, when this thing here has WAY more views and is something I'd love to see implemented to help out Frost.

We can only hope that he has his buff coming, and continue to keep this thread alive.

Ugh, I hate how my arguments with some people made the topic of powers come into play during the Hot Topics, when this thing here has WAY more views and is something I'd love to see implemented to help out Frost.

We can only hope that he has his buff coming, and continue to keep this thread alive.

For XxMAGGOTxX and for us frosty players man. We just have to keep discuss ing about frost problems and any ideas for his remodel, even his cloth pyshics or whatever it is is coming.

Freeze: either s cone which freezes all targets in that area but remove the damage and the break on damage

Ice wave: make the width and length bigger with range mods or a cone: knocks targets down on cast and leaves a layer of ice on the floor so basically remove that band aid augment mod

Snow globe: remove the timer and stop all aoe effects from going through the globe, freezes all procs while in the globe

Avalanche: freezes all targets in the area, leaves a lingering mist field that degrades armour and shields

And what about a Stamina buff? When you run with Frost it looks like you're almost walking and it's boring to move around with him. Unleast you have a Zorencopter with you. That's kinda fun.

Of course I support the fact that Frost needs a buff in his habilities, and I have my own suggestions:

- Freeze: When it sucessfully impacts an enemy, of course, you freeze him. But it slowly melts if the enemy recieves damage. Also, if it causes contact to whatever, ice shards will be thrown in all directions, causing Ice Status to the enemies around.

- Ice Wave: I think it should be a cone instead of a line. Enemies affected by ice shards would recieve extra damage.

- Snow Globe: The only thing I want to change on this one is the base Health. Also, if there are enemies affected by the ice shards nearby, these shards would move around the Globe and deal Slash damage to everyone in the range.

- Avalanche: Causes the same effects as Freeze and if the enemies had an Ice Status on them, Avalanche would create more ice shards. These ones deal Slash damage instead of Ice. Also, it would have more base damage than the actual Avalanche.

Well, that's just a wish. I don't really think DE would change the entire habilites at all.

Edited by Dancli

Freeze: either s cone which freezes all targets in that area but remove the damage and the break on damage

Ice wave: make the width and length bigger with range mods or a cone: knocks targets down on cast and leaves a layer of ice on the floor so basically remove that band aid augment mod

Snow globe: remove the timer and stop all aoe effects from going through the globe, freezes all procs while in the globe

Avalanche: freezes all targets in the area, leaves a lingering mist field that degrades armour and shields

And what about a Stamina buff? When you run with Frost it looks like you're almost walking and it's boring to move around with him. Unleast you have a Zorencopter with you. That's kinda fun.

Of course I support the fact that Frost needs a buff in his habilities, and I have my own suggestions:

- Freeze: When it sucessfully impacts an enemy, of course, you freeze him. But it slowly melts if the enemy recieves damage. Also, if it causes contact to whatever, ice shards will be thrown in all directions, causing Ice Status to the enemies around.

- Ice Wave: I think it should be a cone instead of a line. Enemies affected by ice shards would recieve extra damage.

- Snow Globe: The only thing I want to change on this one is the base Health. Also, if there are enemies affected by the ice shards nearby, these shards would move around the Globe and deal Slash damage to everyone in the range.

- Avalanche: Causes the same effects as Freeze and if the enemies had an Ice Status on them, Avalanche would create more ice shards. These ones deal Slash damage instead of Ice. Also, it would have more base damage than the actual Avalanche.

Well, that's just a wish. I don't really think DE would change the entire habilites at all.

Oh dear, I like both of your suggestions. I can't decide which I like better.

The shards thing creates synergy across all his powers, while the Ice mist gives Avalanche a bit more scale ability along with the rest of those changes.

Oh dear, I like both of your suggestions. I can't decide which I like better.

The shards thing creates synergy across all his powers, while the Ice mist gives Avalanche a bit more scale ability along with the rest of those changes.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Frost seems like he should've been an overall fairly balanced frame, offensive, defensive, what more could you ask for right? Problem is they forgot to add the scalability to his offensive, but those two ideas would put him up there in the ranks of Rhino. Which rarely any frame has ever done.