Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Feedback / Discussion

XxMAGGOTxX

I use frost more than I use Nova, Trinity, Ash, Vauban and Mag. Frost is not a frame to neglect. He is good at defence and mobile defence and if modded right, a good offensive frame. 

I find that im using certain warframes more than others... cause.. I got all 22 current warframes (plus primes) and it is hard to find someone I really wanna play. Most of the time I use Loki, Volt, Valkyr and Nekros. Mainly cause they are fun frames.

But yeah. Dont neglect a frame for single ability use. Use him/her for every kind of purpose! 

Please dude dont even go to numbers....if you have to press 1 every couple of seconds just to stop a heavy cuz ur teammates did too much damage man you dont frost enough.....So bro...Do you even frost? cuz you dont frost enough. 

I frst moar den u bro. Yur coment i r8 -8/8 wuld no apreci8. 

I use Frost more than any other Frame by a huge margin, and as he is now, he's not in a good place. Still a one trick pony at best.

Git gud.

Now now, let's keep the discussion civil. This is about buffing frost people. Let's keep the discussion where we can focus on points of contention that make him lackluster, and improve these points to show how he can shine.

Yeah, I did kinda stoop a little low. But oh well :/

But you're right, it should be focused on Frost's buffs.

Frost has alot more utility than most people think. Don't look at him as being underpowered, he isn't, not to mention he is the heart of any worthwhile defense mission. Albeit I agree he can use some buffs/changes, I like most of the ideas above, and agree his stats shouldnt be a copy of Rhino's. Give him less speed and/or stamina, higher armor maybe like 300 or somethin', and a higher energy pool.

Frost has alot more utility than most people think. Don't look at him as being underpowered, he isn't, not to mention he is the heart of any worthwhile defense mission. Albeit I agree he can use some buffs/changes, I like most of the ideas above, and agree his stats shouldnt be a copy of Rhino's. Give him less speed and/or stamina, higher armor maybe like 300 or somethin', and a higher energy pool.

Indeed a good one. If Frost is a slow frame, he should just have the moderate stamina and for armor needs more till like 300 and above, but I think globe might have its own armor too maybe like 1000-1500. Why? I think globe should also help itself. So changes on globe is high armor, remove timer and have health, Health max needs to be 5k or 8k and its range needs to be slightly like 6.5 or 7. Oh and missles shoukd just attack the globe only not inside. Any thoughts?

Edited by Xtoxinkilla

I can agree to the buffs. The sad part is though, that its only one ability that makes him the heart of defense. Take Snow Globe away from him and you'll realize how the rest of his kit can't keep him in the ring as the King of Defense. His kit's dependency on Snow Globe to make it a prominent Defense strategy goes to show how one of his powers are actually good, and the rest are mediocre or even lackluster. The entirety of his powers should be powerful by themselves, but when used together create the synergy required to make him the King of Defense. Making one ability the crux of his entire theme is a recipe for him and Nekros just being used only for their 3.

C'mon people make this thread alive for XxMAGGOTxX and frost in the future!

Thank you man, I really appreciate you doing this. Any sort of way I could pay you back?

I can agree to the buffs. The sad part is though, that its only one ability that makes him the heart of defense. Take Snow Globe away from him and you'll realize how the rest of his kit can't keep him in the ring as the King of Defense. His kit's dependency on Snow Globe to make it a prominent Defense strategy goes to show how one of his powers are actually good, and the rest are mediocre or even lackluster. The entirety of his powers should be powerful by themselves, but when used together create the synergy required to make him the King of Defense. Making one ability the crux of his entire theme is a recipe for him and Nekros just being used only for their 3.

Very well said. Like I said in the op, why forsake three abilities just for one? If we were to stake his entire play style on just one ability, we may as well remove the other 3. I mean let's face it, every one says he is strictly a defensive frame because of his 3, yet his kit says otherwise. His kit TRIES to make a balanced kit of offensive and defensive abilities, and that's where CC comes in. It's not strictly offensive or defensive, but can compliment either play style. Which is quite important to me, because his kit not only screams it, but it's what he's advertised. An offensive and defensive hybrid of sorts. 

If we were to just say that Rhino is only supportive due to his Roar, there'd likely be a community outrage. Same goes for if Loki only had Disarm and was also labeled strictly supportive. The difference is, people don't use Frost that much solely due to that reason. His kit isn't complete. People are already used to it. Outside of defense, I swear I'm one of like, 5 people who use Frost for everything. 

Theres no need for a payback man. But I think the payback can be a perfect buff frost in the future if DE looks and rads at your thread :)

That sure would be one hell of a reward, I'll agree xD However, even if this thread dies, I will continue to make some like it no matter what. I won't rest until Frost finally has a place and role in Warframe other than just one mission type.

That sure would be one hell of a reward, I'll agree xD However, even if this thread dies, I will continue to make some like it no matter what. I won't rest until Frost finally has a place and role in Warframe other than just one mission type.

You got my vote for sure

I'm hoping they give him a buff or some changes when they redo the model for better cloth physics.

I do agree with u. I do think frost do needs a remodel and the frost prime too. I would think his helemt should have a horn

But longer and has like a rhino bettle horn. Like two long and short horns

Ugh, I hate that the model for Frost Prime is pretty much the same, take away the Prime Helmet Variant and you pretty much have Frost with a different decal and a few gold flecks.

Yeah. I have the my original Arcane Squall Helmet and never take it off. He DEFINITELY lacks bling after that.

Ugh, I hate that the model for Frost Prime is pretty much the same, take away the Prime Helmet Variant and you pretty much have Frost with a different decal and a few gold flecks.

I actually do not mind that, personally. It allows me to use Skins and Arcane helmets without looking goofy as Hell. 

Avalanche. Oh boy... This has been the bane of Frost's existence since day one. Not only can it do no damage, but it has literally no utility.

OP Makes thread about our beloved Frost. Doesn't even know Avalanche is one of the strongest powers in the game when used for nuking.

Cold damage isn't much if it's not some Corrupted... but the base damage is so high it makes almost any other nuke a joke in sheer numbers. As far as I've visibly seen... only Miasma and Rhino Stomp.

Edited by littlewomba

OP Makes thread about our beloved Frost. Doesn't even know Avalanche is one of the strongest powers in the game when used for nuking.

Cold damage isn't much if it's not some Corrupted... but the base damage is so high it makes almost any other nuke a joke in sheer numbers. As far as I've visibly seen... only Miasma and Rhino Stomp.

Avalanche Scales down hard with more armor. It also leaves you open if you don't kill people.

I would actually be happy if Frost could be another Loki. He was supposed to be the "People's Tank" anyway.

(E.G. Removing all damage dealt, but all skills are Utility)

But as of now, I am satisfied of him. (Not saying I am against these buffs)

Edited by Issence

I would actually be happy if Frost could be another Loki. He was supposed to be the "People's Tank" anyway.

(E.G. Removing all damage dealt, but all skills are Utility)

But as of now, I am satisfied of him. (Not saying I am against these buffs)

Though that might help people who go for his defensive builds, it entirely cuts out people who go for the offensive builds. I would hope that his utility could be something that Defensive Frosts love, not to mention can strengthen the globe if they wish it, but it does not negate people from going offensive as well.

Another Loki...ewww.

Edited by AlphaHorseman