Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Feedback / Discussion

XxMAGGOTxX

Where balancing frames are concerned, it should be a hug and a kick. For Frost it's kick, kick, kick. As he is now, it's a nerf to use him in place of other Frames. Everything he can do, another frame can do it better. Frost is sadly becoming redundant, and with DE not acknowledging this post, it feels like they are just letting him slip into that state even more.

Too right. His powers just need more utility. I could care less about damage dealt. I kinda feel like nobody at DE mains Frost.

Nope they don't. And as you said, Frost needs utility instead of damages. Come on is the ice Warframe. We need more ice on him. I don't know... Ice claws? Ok I quit.

In fact that would be kinda cool xD

Well I saw your ideas, and they aren't so far from my suggestions.

Freeze: I would took mine, but with your addition to the SG.

Ice Wave: I have to agree with your idea on this one, but I want to keep discussing about it. For instance: What if it impales enemies? That would be kinda cool. And gory xD

Snow Globe: I were thinking about it. I prefer Health and Armor, but all Frost's habilities are based on duration. So I'll choose duration, to make a benefit. And I would add the movable and explosive globe ideas these guys talked about. I can see lot of utility on it.

Avalanche: Your idea is cool, I would like to try it. But I cannot see the light in a Frost with his actual ability or a variant of it. I think it should be totally reworked. I feel like it doesn't fit in the game anymore.

Keep on this Topic, and let's see if DE listen to us :3

Follow it for recent comments!

Edited by Dancli

Thanks man! I agree with your changes with one exception. His armor. 400 would be awesome, yes. But would make his bubble too OP.(since it is effected by armor rating) There needs to be some give and take when balancing a Frame. A hug and a kick.

Glad u read and agreed:D

Nope they don't. And as you said, Frost needs utility instead of damages. Come on is the ice Warframe. We need more ice on him. I don't know... Ice claws? Ok I quit.

In fact that would be kinda cool xD

Well I saw your ideas, and they aren't so far from my suggestions.

Freeze: I would took mine, but with your addition to the SG.

Ice Wave: I have to agree with your idea on this one, but I want to keep discussing about it. For instance: What if it impales enemies? That would be kinda cool. And gory xD

Snow Globe: I were thinking about it. I prefer Health and Armor, but all Frost's habilities are based on duration. So I'll choose duration, to make a benefit. And I would add the movable and explosive globe ideas these guys talked about. I can see lot of utility on it.

Avalanche: Your idea is cool, I would like to try it. But I cannot see the light in a Frost with his actual ability or a variant of it. I think it should be totally reworked. I feel like it doesn't fit in the game anymore.

Keep on this Topic, and let's see if DE listen to us :3

Follow it for recent comments!

I agree frost needs more utility than damage. So my ideas for him is his Freeze. I think Freeze can create a icey path and anything like a barricade and even a Abominable Snowman, but with a energy drains. So just hold 1 and hold F at the same time and there u have a Freezer in ur hands. Edited by Xtoxinkilla

I agree frost needs more utility than damage. So my ideas for him is his Freeze. I think Freeze can create a icey path and anything like a barricade and even a Abominable Snowman, but with a energy drains. So just hold 1 and hold F at the same time and there u have a Freezer in ur hands.

(8) Let it go (8)

I just thought of a change to the 4th ability I suggested. Its all the same except for instead of frozen enemies exploding and causing damage; any enemy within a certain radius of the enemy exploding gets blinded by ice shards. You'll still need to make a headshot for them to explode. And I GUESS I'd be okay with them leaving SG alone as long as we get a darn Armor buff.

I just thought of a change to the 4th ability I suggested. Its all the same except for instead of frozen enemies exploding and causing damage; any enemy within a certain radius of the enemy exploding gets blinded by ice shards. You'll still need to make a headshot for them to explode. And I GUESS I'd be okay with them leaving SG alone as long as we get a darn Armor buff.

Uhm, interesting. I'm still thinking how that ability could change from my opinion.

freeze: aoe freeze effect

no more damage

takes percentage of shields and armour off targets strength mods

charged freeze: creates square block of ice that stops damage from the front only one side

snowglobe: if health depletes it shatters releasing shards to certain ranged enemies leaving a stagger and bleed

Man your idea floored me. I'm gonna edit that into my original post, hopefully that gets implemented. As far as I can tell, the community has been screaming until they are blue in the face for our blue and white frame to have some CC. I mean he's ice for Lotus' sake! That should be enough to warrant him having a whopping amount of versatile CC.

You'd think. But I think any buff we might get also has a really high chance of getting an unfair amount of nerf along with it thanks to the nerf-everything-until-we-can't-play crowd, kind of like they're asking for with Nova and the requests to nerf Trinity for a second or possibly a third time, not sure on the count. But it would be really nice if we had some amount of CC utility for Frost, I mean, Grineer-based enemies seem to have the ability to ignore both shields and armor with their darned slash procs, so the CC is definitely needed. I also think he needs a higher health pool, you get slash procs or poison procs on him and you find out how squishy he really is, which is kinda sad, ice isn't supposed to be that easy to kill.

You'd think. But I think any buff we might get also has a really high chance of getting an unfair amount of nerf along with it thanks to the nerf-everything-until-we-can't-play crowd, kind of like they're asking for with Nova and the requests to nerf Trinity for a second or possibly a third time, not sure on the count. But it would be really nice if we had some amount of CC utility for Frost, I mean, Grineer-based enemies seem to have the ability to ignore both shields and armor with their darned slash procs, so the CC is definitely needed. I also think he needs a higher health pool, you get slash procs or poison procs on him and you find out how squishy he really is, which is kinda sad, ice isn't supposed to be that easy to kill.

Buffs have to be balanced, and I guess something has to be nerfed in compensation. Surely Frost needs the CC and more utility, but something has to be nerfed to make him well balanced. Well, this concept was entirely forgotten on Trinity. Poor girl :(

Edited by Dancli

Buffs have to be balanced, and I guess something has to be nerfed in compensation. Surely Frost needs the CC and more utility, but something has to be nerfed to make him well balanced. Well, this concept was entirely forgotten on Trinity. Poor girl :(

I don't really have an issue when they scale things down to fit a buff, Trinity right now is decent, and at least I can survive somewhat with her without using up 4 revives on one mission on Venus thanks to Well of Life. What bothers me is when you get an unfair amount of nerf rather than just scaling, I mean people are screaming to nerf Nova because her CC is so good, what they forget is she has no armor, no shields and no health pool, and none of her other skills are useful in combat. My worry is that they would make something like that happen with Frost, and I think if they did that I might cry, because while he has no real amount of hitpoints to speak of and his CC/utility are somewhat questionable, he at least has some shields and his Snow Globe is useful. Even Avalanche will give your friends a short breather so they can recollect themselves and then go kill everything, but if they buff him I'm kinda paranoid that they might just break him while they're at it x.x

I don't really have an issue when they scale things down to fit a buff, Trinity right now is decent, and at least I can survive somewhat with her without using up 4 revives on one mission on Venus thanks to Well of Life. What bothers me is when you get an unfair amount of nerf rather than just scaling, I mean people are screaming to nerf Nova because her CC is so good, what they forget is she has no armor, no shields and no health pool, and none of her other skills are useful in combat. My worry is that they would make something like that happen with Frost, and I think if they did that I might cry, because while he has no real amount of hitpoints to speak of and his CC/utility are somewhat questionable, he at least has some shields and his Snow Globe is useful. Even Avalanche will give your friends a short breather so they can recollect themselves and then go kill everything, but if they buff him I'm kinda paranoid that they might just break him while they're at it x.x

That's the problem when they NERF frames it's because they have one gd skill: nova/Excalibur before NERF and after it's worse and frost and a few others and only gd skill frames should have

CC/ defensive skill/mobility/ buff skill or damage skill

At the moment you got frames that are all over the place due to de saying they buff a frame when it's actually a minor fix to skill then NERF the other skills they have.

I'd be happy if Frost was faster(melee'ing/coptering shouldn't have to be the replacement for his left foot and right foot). It's one of the reasons why I don't play him much anymore, if at all. Saryn is in 3rd place for slowest(counting reg. and prime as separate), but I'm an old head and use the ARCANE HEMLOCK helm at all times for speed with her and would use her over frost more often because of this. 1.0 sprint speed and I may play him some more like I did back in the past.for more than just stationary missions.

As for his skills:

His 1-skill is fine with me(I can only speak for my self when i say "its fine").

His 2-skill needs a KD effect. Its a WAVE(like hydroid's wave) and waves knock people down.

No problem with his 3-skill.

His 4-skill... I DON'T KNOW... it can have a lingering effect in that casting spot that was made for X seconds that 100% cold procs upon entering, damages enemies for Y damage and for Z seconds(effects persists/timer wont kick in until leaving lingering AOE zone), and be affected by strength, range, and duration mods.

Nekros and Ember/pr. got their love hugs(they needed it more than frost, imo), but now Frost needs a bump up on the polish list.

Also... funny thought... what if he did a whole sub-zero thing when sliding XD nah, jk... don't do that, DE.

They can't nerf Frost, he's already nerfed haaaaaard. To the point where his only useful ability no matter what is Snow Globe. Which is pretty sad. And as for the nerf crowd.... Why don't we just take them all, give them a Lato and drop them in Survival for the rest of the life of this game? LOL, no I kid. But the nerf crowd is pretty ridiculous in this game. 

"OMG SOMETHING'S ACTUALLY GOOD?! NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURF!"

I'd be happy if Frost was faster(melee'ing/coptering shouldn't have to be the replacement for his left foot and right foot). It's one of the reasons why I don't play him much anymore, if at all. Saryn is in 3rd place for slowest(counting reg. and prime as separate), but I'm an old head and use the ARCANE HEMLOCK helm at all times for speed with her and would use her over frost more often because of this. 1.0 sprint speed and I may play him some more like I did back in the past.for more than just stationary missions.

As for his skills:

His 1-skill is fine with me(I can only speak for my self when i say "its fine").

His 2-skill needs a KD effect. Its a WAVE(like hydroid's wave) and waves knock people down.

No problem with his 3-skill.

His 4-skill... I DON'T KNOW... it can have a lingering effect in that casting spot that was made for X seconds that 100% cold procs upon entering, damages enemies for Y damage and for Z seconds(effects persists/timer wont kick in until leaving lingering AOE zone), and be affected by strength, range, and duration mods.

Nekros and Ember/pr. got their love hugs(they needed it more than frost, imo), but now Frost needs a bump up on the polish list.

Also... funny thought... what if he did a whole sub-zero thing when sliding XD nah, jk... don't do that, DE.

Lol Oh god, don't know if I'd like that last idea, probably good if they don't do it XD I think that Frost Prime at the very least needs a sprint speed boost, he should be as fast a Rhino Prime. As it stands now, Frost, Frost Prime, and Rhino are all the same speed I believe, so Frost Prime definitely needs a speed buff. So hard to play him when he moves as slow as he does.

As for Avalanche, it's kind of buggy that way, I've noticed that when you first start the mission then yes, it will leave a field of cold for about 2-5 seconds as far as it reached at the casting and then you get a little explosion of snow that may or may not do much of anything. But, once you get 10 or 15 waves in then it starts falling off and not doing as much, it will freeze them for a little, they take a decent amount of bonus damage, but if you didn't hear a death noise from them, you may or may not be up to your neck in enemies trying to kill you, depending on if the skill's ending explosion does the trick or not. There's a lot of variables and sometimes it's hard to tell just exactly how the thing is going to play out from one cast to the next.

Edited by Soul.Fire

They can't nerf Frost, he's already nerfed haaaaaard. To the point where his only useful ability no matter what is Snow Globe. Which is pretty sad. And as for the nerf crowd.... Why don't we just take them all, give them a Lato and drop them in Survival for the rest of the life of this game? LOL, no I kid. But the nerf crowd is pretty ridiculous in this game. 

"OMG SOMETHING'S ACTUALLY GOOD?! NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURF!"

I'd actually like to see that, and I'd like to see them beg for nerfs after that too XD But that's just me wanting a little revenge for them wanting to nerf the frames I like to play.

Mag actually got nerfed to all hell lately too, her Pull used to just send the whole map flying and ragdolling about like crazy. Now I think it was a good thing that they toned down the distance a thing would fly, but a side effect of them messing with it at all is that now Mag can't do much of anything damage-wise with her powers, the only actually useful one now if you're not fighting Corpus is Bullet Attractor. Classic example of the "This thing is useful so we need to nerf it" mentality that some very loud people have going.

But yeah, Frost has been nerfed a lot. And I actually thought about something with Frost, someone else said they liked hitpoints better than duration for Snow Globe, as it enabled them to cast a couple and forget. I don't really do the whole cast and forget thing, but I do like to be able to recast, so if they take the timer off of Snow Globe and leave the HP, you still have the recast ability and you can pop a few over the pod and just watch the HP tick down, then you replenish as needed.

That's the problem when they NERF frames it's because they have one gd skill: nova/Excalibur before NERF and after it's worse and frost and a few others and only gd skill frames should have

CC/ defensive skill/mobility/ buff skill or damage skill

At the moment you got frames that are all over the place due to de saying they buff a frame when it's actually a minor fix to skill then NERF the other skills they have.

It's been a little more Nerf than Buff lately, about the only "buff" that Ember got for example on the last one is her armor, which was only 15 to begin with and is now still only at 65, which really doesn't do an awful lot. They buffed Fire Blast, but it knocks things away from the fire ring, so I'm really not sure what to think of it, and WoF is all kinds of broken. Fire Ball is the only one that works semi-properly at this point.

Now for Frost, he's been nerfed so much already that if they did decide to buff him I don't really know how they'd ever find something to nerf, certainly there wouldn't be anything much to balance. The one skill I could see them nerfing on Frost would be Snow Globe, since that is the most useful one currently, and maybe they'd buff either Avalanche or Ice Wave, certainly not both at the same time though and most likely it would be Ice Wave.

It's been a little more Nerf than Buff lately, about the only "buff" that Ember got for example on the last one is her armor, which was only 15 to begin with and is now still only at 65, which really doesn't do an awful lot. They buffed Fire Blast, but it knocks things away from the fire ring, so I'm really not sure what to think of it, and WoF is all kinds of broken. Fire Ball is the only one that works semi-properly at this point.

Now for Frost, he's been nerfed so much already that if they did decide to buff him I don't really know how they'd ever find something to nerf, certainly there wouldn't be anything much to balance. The one skill I could see them nerfing on Frost would be Snow Globe, since that is the most useful one currently, and maybe they'd buff either Avalanche or Ice Wave, certainly not both at the same time though and most likely it would be Ice Wave.

I would think it'd be Avalanche. Ice Wave is a little better, and while not saying much, it's still better than Avalanche. Which is just a sad pile of poopy. 

I would think it'd be Avalanche. Ice Wave is a little better, and while not saying much, it's still better than Avalanche. Which is just a sad pile of poopy.

Lol man. Do u mean the icy is like poopoo? I think it should be like ice shards coming down and I don't mind that we still have the snowballs. Avalanche should be like a cold zone when an enemy or a friend enter it. So Blizzard should be renamed.