The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Feedback / Discussion

XxMAGGOTxX

Who wants what ability buffed first? I don't know about you guys but I really want Avalanche buffed first. 

id go with avalanche since it effects load of targets then freeze then ice wave then snowglobe.

avalanche: they already have the bug somewhere, where it gave it freeze so they just need to bring that back same for

snowglobe should be a simple fix just take out the timer and stop aoe from effecting the globe

If they bring it in as an augment, I'm not gonna happy. And yeah, I feel the same tris. Freeze can wait when Avalanche is thrown in the picture. It's such a broken ability lol.

strangely enough im having fun with freeze on the new grinier maniac only because he gets so close. it still needs a buff, just saying at the moment its fun with the new enemy

Who wants what ability buffed first? I don't know about you guys but I really want Avalanche buffed first. 

Avalanche would be my first priority, if I were DE. after that it would have to be Freeze, as it's a bit annoying having the limitation on it being Duration and HP.

Yer I can deal with freeze going after avalanche since it's single target and don't use it much anyway. I'd choose ice wave after freeze since it only needs tweets and snowglobe last since it only needs Tweens again like no timer and no aoe to reach inside the globe.

Yer I can deal with freeze going after avalanche since it's single target and don't use it much anyway. I'd choose ice wave after freeze since it only needs tweets and snowglobe last since it only needs Tweens again like no timer and no aoe to reach inside the globe.

Same order I was thinking, actually. Avalanche as it stands is an extremely lackluster ability. It's just a flat damage number that isn't even powerful. It lacks scale ability that is essential for all powers to have. I would hope that Scott had found some interesting ideas within this, and other threads to tweak his abilities.

I think everyone agrees that avalanche needs to be fixed badly, being one of the worst ults in game. Though this is one of the more boring options, I think that it should made into a persistent AoE Area kind of like SNowGlobe except it does constant damage, and slows those who enter it. Or possibly it could become another defensive ability, Avalanche can become Squall - FROST sends a contained sub-zero blizzard slowly forward freezing all targets it comes into contact with, while ripping their flesh and armor with fast-flying ice shards contained within. Both freezing targets that get caught inside the spheres' effect. You could even make it surround FROST and follow him wherever he goes.

I think everyone agrees that avalanche needs to be fixed badly, being one of the worst ults in game. Though this is one of the more boring options, I think that it should made into a persistent AoE Area kind of like SNowGlobe except it does constant damage, and slows those who enter it. Or possibly it could become another defensive ability, Avalanche can become Squall - FROST sends a contained sub-zero blizzard slowly forward freezing all targets it comes into contact with, while ripping their flesh and armor with fast-flying ice shards contained within. Both freezing targets that get caught inside the spheres' effect. You could even make it surround FROST and follow him wherever he goes.

Sending out the avalanche part does sound pretty cool.

The part about following him though...that sounds just like Ember's WoF, and we already have Freeze as her Fireball counterpart. I'm not saying it's bad, but in my opinion, it is a bit bland and copy-pasted.

if they rework avalanche id like it to either

on cast freeze all enemies within range (and doesn't push them out of range)

enemies frozen have there shields/armour/health reduced depending on faction

or

enemies are frozen on cast and leaves a slowing mist around the area, works by cooldown

or changed into a new ability blizzard

on cast creates a blizzard on the crosshair that freezes enemies on cast and slows all enemies entering the blizzard. enemies have a dot effect of damage that bypasses all shields/armour on them. enemies on the inside will have an accuracy loss as they cant see out. allies/frost inside gain a temporary ice shield

strength: dot damage and accuracy loss of enemies

duration: freeze duration and how long the blizzard lasts

range: range of blizzard and how strong the slow effect is

if they rework avalanche id like it to either

on cast freeze all enemies within range (and doesn't push them out of range)

enemies frozen have there shields/armour/health reduced depending on faction

or

enemies are frozen on cast and leaves a slowing mist around the area, works by cooldown

or changed into a new ability blizzard

on cast creates a blizzard on the crosshair that freezes enemies on cast and slows all enemies entering the blizzard. enemies have a dot effect of damage that bypasses all shields/armour on them. enemies on the inside will have an accuracy loss as they cant see out. allies/frost inside gain a temporary ice shield

strength: dot damage and accuracy loss of enemies

duration: freeze duration and how long the blizzard lasts

range: range of blizzard and how strong the slow effect is

Works by cooldown?

I completely agree that Frost needs some tweaks, especially the stats on the Prime, I mean all the primes have some sort of bonus by now.

I think Ice Wave could use the freeze effect like Freeze at a shorter duration and Avalanche should do it for longer, and really he has one of the weakest element types so he should get a damage buff.

I really play more of an assault Frost Prime using little duration and lots of strength to put down strong globes, but the timer and health thing is annoying. It really should just be based off of health, like iron skin.

A great augment for frost would be to keep the Snow Globe around him, to get an idea of what I mean look up Tom Clansy's Ghost Recon Phantoms and look at the Support Class, he can activate a Globe around him that deflects bullets while getting a speed debuff, but it's big enough for a squad to fit into.

New Mods:

New Ability Augment Mods

• Frost: Snow Globe:  Chilling Globe - Enemies that enter have a 50% chance to become frozen solid for 8 seconds.

I'm extremely disappointed by this.

DE, there were plenty of threads suggesting that Frost should receive a snow globe augment that allowed the globe to behave similarly to the arctic eximi snow globes, as in it centers on frost and moves with him.

Yet you gave us more CC, not necessarily a bad thing, but snow globe was already good on CC with it's slow %, freezing enemies solid just seems unnecessary if they're already inside the globe.

0/10 on this augment DE. -.-

I posted this in the update thread after reading the patch notes when U16 dropped.

Most of you have probably seen the new augments by now, what do you think?

Should Frost's snow globe augment be changed? I personally think so as I'd like the utility of having the globe move with me like arctic eximus units, over the utility of having enemies that enter the globe possibly freeze for 8 seconds.

It honestly just feels unnecessary, to have enemies freeze solid if they're already inside the snow globe, as they are much, much slower when inside.

I posted this in the update thread after reading the patch notes when U16 dropped.

Most of you have probably seen the new augments by now, what do you think?

Should Frost's snow globe augment be changed? I personally think so as I'd like the utility of having the globe move with me like arctic eximus units, over the utility of having enemies that enter the globe possibly freeze for 8 seconds.

It honestly just feels unnecessary, to have enemies freeze solid if they're already inside the snow globe, as they are much, much slower when inside.

Why can't we have both?

But honestly bring Chilling Globe into an ODS and watch the sculptures form then rip them to shreds.

unfortunately chilling globe doesnt work like the pre 12.4 avalanche 6 sec freeze duration

was hoping that would fix frost but alas it completely missed the mark and failed to return him to a usable level 

Let's hope this augment wasn't what they considered "helping" or "tweaking" Frost, and was just another scheduled release.

He really does need some buffs/rework, and let's hope he gets it.

The augment though could be nice in an alternative build for more mobile missions. Max efficiency and range, use it as an area freeze. This build also can make use of Ice Wave Impedance.

Something like:

- Overextended

- Stretch

- Streamline

- Fleeting Expertise

- the augments

- Steel Fiber

- Vitality

Or you could leave out Streamline to still have high efficiency and put in Rage to fuel your energy pool or Quick Thinking/Redirection for more tankyness.

This is admittedly a weird build that needs some fine tuning but a max range Ice Wave Impedance is pretty decent CC and so is a wide range Globe for slowdown and freeze.

Damn. Now i want to try it. Wide range slowdown and freeze. Might look better than i first thought.

Do the augments all scale with duration?

The augment though could be nice in an alternative build for more mobile missions. Max efficiency and range, use it as an area freeze. This build also can make use of Ice Wave Impedance.

Something like:

- Overextended

- Stretch

- Streamline

- Fleeting Expertise

- the augments

- Steel Fiber

- Vitality

Or you could leave out Streamline to still have high efficiency and put in Rage to fuel your energy pool or Quick Thinking/Redirection for more tankyness.

This is admittedly a weird build that needs some fine tuning but a max range Ice Wave Impedance is pretty decent CC and so is a wide range Globe for slowdown and freeze.

Damn. Now i want to try it. Wide range slowdown and freeze. Might look better than i first thought.

Do the augments all scale with duration?

It's to inconsistent to be a reliable freeze as it's 50 percent and not effected by mods which is strange to be honest.

Sending out the avalanche part does sound pretty cool.

The part about following him though...that sounds just like Ember's WoF, and we already have Freeze as her Fireball counterpart. I'm not saying it's bad, but in my opinion, it is a bit bland and copy-pasted.

I completely agree, I am just throwing out ideas that I haven’t suggested before, all the cool ones are back in my original post…