The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Feedback / Discussion

XxMAGGOTxX

Now we need a Proto-Frost skin.

Edit: I like those changes, sir Monkey. I love the Cryostasis idea. Not so far of what I proposed months ago.

I hear there's talk of something like an immortal skin for the Primes, somewhat like the Proto-Skins, but more so a Prime Skins change.

DE PLS? I mean maybe not cowboy boots for ol' Frosty but PLS.

EDIT; Since we're on the topic, maybe this new immortal skin that comes out for Frost shouldn't have a flowing, wavy design. Not like the immortal skin for Frost. When I look at that skin, I think water, not ice. It seems almost like Hydroid was ripped from his frame, stuffed inside Frost and got pissed so he drew on that frame LMAO. No I'm kidding but that immortal skin for Frost does look somewhat out of place. This however, fits him perfectly. Also, just thought I should make a mention of this weird yellow tint that Frost seems to always have, even if you pick the whitest of white shades. Reminds me of a yellow snow-cone..

Edited by XxMAGGOTxX

Well, hope DE really come up with a proto-frost armor along with frost's rework. But come to think of it, I also feel that his helmet design also needs a bit of change too, so maybe they can also come up with a new alternate frost helmet as well...? ( maybe I am getting a bit too greedy about it :D)

Well, hope DE really come up with a proto-frost armor along with frost's rework. But come to think of it, I also feel that his helmet design also needs a bit of change too, so maybe they can also come up with a new alternate frost helmet as well...? ( maybe I am getting a bit too greedy about it :D)

No way man, I think he needs a new helmet too xD Something more death or battle mage themed, and not so insectoid. The insectoid looks on Frost kinda throws me off every time. Maybe cause up here in Canada we don't see anything with more than four legs the entire winter. 

Get rid of frost first skill and replace it with Ice wave , i like the suggested snow globe change the same with his ultimate damaging enemys over time but with this first skill gone he needs something else hmmm, how about a Frozen decoy that mimics the enemy and seeks out the enemy it mimics and trys to kill them .

Get rid of frost first skill and replace it with Ice wave , i like the suggested snow globe change the same with his ultimate damaging enemys over time but with this first skill gone he needs something else hmmm, how about a Frozen decoy that mimics the enemy and seeks out the enemy it mimics and trys to kill them .

You don't use his first skill to buff anyone ? 

It is awesome in the current mesa meta or any damage meta that will come out soon™ XD

Amazing prototype design. Looks like it might crash game though unless designers are really op and find magical ways of getting it to work.

There's no word on the display of health of the globe. Can this be confirmed by developers please? This is more essential than removing duration on the globe because it really helps to know what you are doing esp with how the globe mechanic works, being invulnerable, healing some times, taking dmg sometimes. At present we are expected to... just globe.

A visual indicator for the immunity frame might be helpful too. Like a slightly higher luminosity effect that fades after the immunity effect.

Removing duration on globe does not resolve continuity issue on freeze force. Can it be a set 40secs? That would remove duration builds from compromising strength builds.

Edited by Burosan

Ice blast serves no real use when there is ice wave. They should make icewave his #1 and his #2 will be advalnce rework becuase well i feel that will still be weak. His new ultimate creates 4 ice hounds, basically ice kubrows at max rank that double the stats on any sentinel mods and apllies it. Since most kubrow mods work off frame stats these ice sculpture kubrows (catbrow skin pending) they will be very almost OP strong and duration based. Power strength can increase it to 8.

new frost rework is lazy and absolutely pointless. its not going to change the way people play frost at all, except maybe make them spam SG harder since SG is now capped at 4. only thing worth noting is that avalanche will now slow people, like nova's 4th....... oh and reduce their armor by a little.

short and lazy rework that just addresses minor issues and doesn't change the way i'm going to play frost at all, and is nowhere near intensive or as good a rework as excalibur got. DE please

new frost rework is lazy and absolutely pointless. its not going to change the way people play frost at all, except maybe make them spam SG harder since SG is now capped at 4. only thing worth noting is that avalanche will now slow people, like nova's 4th....... oh and reduce their armor by a little.

short and lazy rework that just addresses minor issues and doesn't change the way i'm going to play frost at all, and is nowhere near intensive or as good a rework as excalibur got. DE please

Remember that it IS a work in progress. I thought the initial changes planned were in line with what a majority of the community has asked for. Happy to know that DE is reading the forums. :D

Except that frost himself has a different play style from Excalibur. Excalibur is a melee/sword frame so his rework needed to reflect that greatly. Frost from his inception has been a defense oriented frame, specializing in preventing and impeding progress in an area.

Snow globe was the only real ability that fit that, along with icewave with it's augment. The rework is trying to push him to be more offensive but still be defense themed. Scott even said that's why he made snow globe freeze and push back mobs, so it can be used more offensively. Icewave got greater coverage and avalanche is going to make enemies easier to kill and get CC. Pretty solid skill set.

The only thing I ask for is that freeze also freezes nearby enemies. His passive should not have him be made to be hit (which goes against literally everything he should be doing) to freeze enemies.

Didn't see this Frost master thread, I'll repost a few ideas I posted a few weeks ago:

With Frost being apparently next in line for a rework, here's a few points I'd like to see addressed regarding SnowGlobe:

- Informations.

HP shown is a given of course, but I'd go further and add visual effect for the invincibility period(could be added in the hud for Frost alone), and when destroyed, a strong, crashing audio cue. Furthermore the globe could shatter, and enemies in range could slow down for a limited time (3-4 seconds), as hit by ice shards. This wouldn't do much by itself but would mostly give some breathing to newbies(and not).

- Dealing with surprise AOE damage from missiles and grenades: This can be a real bane in otherwise spotless runs. It's not difficult or challenging: it feels mostly random and unavoidable, hence unfair. But it could be made instead avoidable in an active way, by giving again informations, and a little time window to act: grenades and missiles would stick to the exterior of the globe, with some clear indication(grenades beep already, but both could do in the occasion, and both could blink/flash, or have hud icons on them). Shooting them would either send them away or somehow deactivate. They would stick of course for a limited time(3-5 seconds) before they explode as they do now. This would bring an active chance where there is now just passive acceptance.

- Synergy between powers: this is always interesting to have, and the big static Globe is in a good position to act as a reactor of sort, a few ideas:

- Freeze could interact with SnowGlobe from the outside, and be used as a "remote" of sort. It could reintegrate HP, or going in the opposite direction, could make the Globe explode and slowdown/freeze enemies in range(this could be interesting since the new iteration of SG is not going to have a timer: instead of the 5th Globe deleting the first, we could easily choose which one to delete);

- Avalanche could have additional effects while used inside the Globe. For example it could have a chance of freezing within the Globe boundaries, or a 100% chance of freezing with some downside, like spending part of the Globe HP.

Bad players are like the black sheep in the herd of golden fleeced lambs. Try pushing more than one button. You might be surprised and like what you can do with that.

Edited by _FrostPrime_

I don't have Frost, but he looks awesome, and all his abilities are usefull and there're no "Filler" abilitites. Not only does he look awesome, and all his skills are useful, but Snowglobe is SUPER DUPER useful in defense missions. Not only is Frost a tank but he is also a mage type. When I unlock Ceres I'm going to be farming for Frost however long it takes.