Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr: Turbulence Not Working Against Grineer

Ralsk

I noticed over the last day or two that Turbulence is not having any noticeable effect on Grineer now.  Sometimes it works, sort of, but about 80% of the time the Grineer are still hitting me like the ability is not even active.  Against Corpus the ability is working as intended.  Anyone else having these issues?

It always been like this. Works as intended. Check the wiki for more info. You might not understand how the ability works.

It has NOT always been like this and it is NOT working as intended.  I've played dozens and dozens of hours with Zephyr and never had this issue with Turbulence against Grineer before.  That being said the wiki did point out the problem.  This really needs to be fixed.

• Due to an increase in enemies' accuracy in U15 to improve archwing missions, the accuracy debuff applied to hitscan weapons has almost no effect. Enemies with hitscan weapons will still be capable of shooting you most of the time, making the ability almost completely useless against the Grineer faction. This is thought to be a bug, and has not yet been fixed.
Edited by Ralsk

It works better if you are the host.

I mainly noticed this the last few days running Syndicate missions which I usually run solo so I can search for all the medallions as I do them so hosting wouldn't be the issue in this case.  Otherwise yes, I have noticed in multiplayer in the past it can be imperfect.

i use Turbulence in Grineer Excavation sometimes, and it reduces just about all of the incoming fire.

if Turbulence isn't cutting it for you, add on some more Range! so you can make sure they're in Range of the Accuracy debuff.

Funnily enough I first noticed this after adding Stretch to her.  I thought maybe the reason I was getting hit at first was maybe Stretch created gaps or something in the Turbulence field (I had no idea, all I could tell was it wasn't working).  After unequipping it and getting the same results and then this morning finally squaring away that it was Grineer that caused it and yes they were going right through the shield I finally found the answer on the wiki.  Not sure you read my above reply since I mentioned the cause of the issue there but I'll quote it again.

• Due to an increase in enemies' accuracy in U15 to improve archwing missions, the accuracy debuff applied to hitscan weapons has almost no effect. Enemies with hitscan weapons will still be capable of shooting you most of the time, making the ability almost completely useless against the Grineer faction. This is thought to be a bug, and has not yet been fixed.

Range doesn't fix this.  Nothing the player can do can fix this except just not using Zephyr against Grineer.

Edited by Ralsk

Just tested this in Kiste, both solo and as a client.  The ability worked; I was hit by maybe 3% of bullets (not sure what exactly was getting through) even with Overextended and no strength mods equipped.  The note on the wiki should not be taken seriously.  

(Note: Do not rabble rouse in wiki pages.  Test your findings extensively and consult with other players to corroborate your findings.)

Not sure you read my above reply since I mentioned the cause of the issue

you quoted unsourced information. it's not to be trusted without citations.

i haven't noticed any problems whatsoever. Enemies inside the secondary Range have their Accuracy significantly reduced, and myself and all of my usual suspects don't have any significant troubles with Turbulence (unless the odd shot that does still hit you was from a Seeker or something, then >:|).

something else is at work here. something that doesn't usually happen.

this has been working for me for a long time. both before and after Accuracy changes, without any noticeable difference.

6EaQjGk.png

(Note: Do not rabble rouse in wiki pages.  Test your findings extensively and consult with other players to corroborate your findings.)

i concur! most of my Edits on the Wiki are deleting / fixing false or misleading information on it :/

Just tested this in Kiste, both solo and as a client.  The ability worked; I was hit by maybe 3% of bullets (not sure what exactly was getting through) even with Overextended and no strength mods equipped.  The note on the wiki should not be taken seriously.  

I'm not trying to rabble rouse.  I'm simply making an observation and asking if anyone else is having the same thing happen to them.  I just retested it on Apollodrus and I must say I'm still not convinced the ability is working properly.  I went ahead and recorded some video of it.

Edited by Ralsk