Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifier Nerf

itsgametime1

If you don't wanna waste time killing the bubble, why not killing the one that makes it from a far?

Most of the people will say it's impossible.

I say it's extremely easy!

"HOW?" will those same people ask in disbelief

"Try using weapons with explosive damage! This type of damage can bypass the nullifier bubble simply because it's AoE!" I say "Try weapons like the Ogris, Angstrum, Attica (thunderbolt build) and similar!"

If you don't wanna waste time killing the bubble, why not killing the one that makes it from a far?

Most of the people will say it's impossible.

I say it's extremely easy!

"HOW?" will those same people ask in disbelief

"Try using weapons with explosive damage! This type of damage can bypass the nullifier bubble simply because it's AoE!" I say "Try weapons like the Ogris, Angstrum, Attica (thunderbolt build) and similar!"

I've tested AOE weapons like penta and etc, they ignore it like nobody's business. I even had a castana detonate right under his foot and the dude just shrugged it off.

don't get me wrong though, I can counter em easily with my primary but I find it completely silly that one mob can obliterate a type of playstyle.

I've tested AOE weapons like penta and etc, they ignore it like nobody's business. I even had a castana detonate right under his foot and the dude just shrugged it off.

don't get me wrong though, I can counter em easily with my primary but I find it completely silly that one mob can obliterate a type of playstyle.

A playstyle(s) which wasn't even a problem to begin with.

Its funny because even Frost not have an "anti-AOE damage" Shield.

Its more funny that Eximus Nullifier can exist too, I've seen a "Eximus Nullifier" creating a  shield inside his "Nullifing shield".

Nullifier Inception.

Its funny because even Frost not have an "anti-AOE damage" Shield.

Its more funny that Eximus Nullifier can exist too, I've seen a "Eximus Nullifier" creating a  shield inside his "Nullifing shield".

Nullifier Inception.

game has more options with limbo and maybe with zeph. (i bet much more)

i have no time to try everything :-)

yes.. aoe damage bring my frost in big troubles. but i like fast and short games also

Edited by fuffi2milka

The Lanka one-shots non-tank frames in T4 void pretty early on. You're suggesting that frames like Nova or Nyx run into a bubble that disables their powers and houses a few mobs to kill the one in the middle that has the capability to one-shot them with AI sniper precision? You realize that sounds stupid, right?

I'm still looking for an answer as to why someone would prefer to kill the bubble rather than doing a simple slide attack.

The only time I've found myself unironically killing a bubble is if I'm capping a point, or I'm sitting at extraction.

I melee the nullifiers almost 100% of the time as a Banshee, and I actually have something to lose when I have Silence up.

The only thing I would say needs a little tweaking is their fire rate, they fire that gun really fast. It makes me a bit jealous that my default lanka doesn't fire that fast.

There you go, right above where I quoted you. 

Nullifer affects on weapons are dumb, namely as all it does is force players to use automatic weapons... Which are already the most popular weapon type in the game. (Hi Boltor P and Soma!) Giving players MORE incentive to avoid non-automatic rifles really is simply dumb.

Edited by IlluminaZero

Nullifiers are not hard to kill at all.Use of any fast firing weapon and the shield drops in seconds.DE please do not nurf them they are fine.

No, they are not fine.

"Use of any fast firing weapon and the shield drops in seconds" >>> The problem is that DE is forcing us to use automatic weapons.

Shield needs a lot of fixes, an example is that you can melt the shield with any unranked/unmoded automatic weapon.

You're in trouble if you decide to use Snipers, what makes you think, why i must use snipers? if I can use an automatic weapon that is more efficient.

No, they are not fine.

"Use of any fast firing weapon and the shield drops in seconds" >>> The problem is that DE is forcing us to use automatic weapons.

Shield needs a lot of fixes, an example is that you can melt the shield with any unranked/unmoded automatic weapon.

You're in trouble if you decide to use Snipers, what makes you think, why i must use snipers? if I can use an automatic weapon that is more efficient.

Stop shooting the shield.

Stop shooting the shield.

I still haven't seen a reason why it should remain the same. What benefit does it serve to be based on number of hits?

Sometimes slide attacks are the worst possible option in the situation, in which shooting it is the only viable option. At this point there are weapons that get dunked by a mechanic of the shield that serves only to punish said weapon types.

Edited by Rehero

I would suggest switching to your Synoid Gammacor and shooting the shield.

Or do you just carry it around for looks?

The point remains the same regardless of if he has the Synoid Gammacor. Perhaps he is doing what the game forces us to do and is swaping to something because reasons that I still don't understand? Still haven't seen why it needs to be like it is. Someone stated before that it is bugged and if a bug fix occurs and slow firing weapons can actually deal with the shields without forcing people to use weapon types that were already commonplace then we will all be happy.

All of these learn to play comments are unjustified as this mechanic needlessly trivializes weapon types that were already inefficient and wouldn't change the gameplay much for anyone who could already deal with them to have it changed. 

Edited by Rehero

Again the "use your secundary" card, eh?  -sigh-

Ok, Nullifier is broken but the secundary weapon change that.

The point remains the same regardless of if he has the Synoid Gammacor. Perhaps he is doing what the game forces us to do and is swaping to something because reasons that I still don't understand? Still haven't seen why it needs to be like it is. Someone stated before that it is bugged and if a bug fix occurs and slow firing weapons can actually deal with the shields without forcing people to use weapon types that were already commonplace then we will all be happy.

All of these learn to play comments are unjustified as this mechanic needlessly trivializes weapon types that were already inefficient and wouldn't change the gameplay much for anyone who could already deal with them to have it changed. 

Yes, not all weapons are 100% effective in every situation. Seriously, how is that a problem?

I've said it before, I'll say it again. You don't mod your gun for magnetic when you know you're fighting Grineer, right? 

Yes, not all weapons are 100% effective in every situation. Seriously, how is that a problem?

I've said it before, I'll say it again. You don't mod your gun for magnetic when you know you're fighting Grineer, right? 

However there are weapons that are effective in almost every situation, Boltor prime, Soma prime and the like. All of which are extremely common place and yet this mechanic punishes weapons that are not effective in nearly half the situations as the aforementioned weapons and they are the only ones that suffer to such an extreme due to the shields. So I ask again what does changing the shield do to negatively impact your gameplay experience? If it doesn't hurt you to have it changed, and it is a quality of life upgrade for slow firing weapons how is that a problem?

I must again state that it has been mentioned to be bugged, if the bug fix comes through and slow firing weapons are capable of dispatching the shield in a timely manner, doesn't even need to be very fast, then we will be happy.

The only reason this thread is as big as it is, is due to people continually coming in and belittling those of us that would prefer to use slow firing weapons, of which most get left in the dust damage wise by the weapons that can already dispatch the shield quickly. This again raises the question why does this mechanic need to remain the same if all it does is punish weapons that don't perform nearly as well as other weapons?

On the topic of swapping element types, swapping mod loadouts is vastly different than pulling an entire weapon out of your loadout because the mobs mechanics serve only to punish an inefficient weapon archtype.

Edited by Rehero

You can not compare Nullifier Shield problem with that.

Because even a Braton with good mods can kill Grinners easily. And you are saying "stop using Braton because is not 100% effective against Grinner" "change it for a Braton Prime"

Edited by Kaiser_Suoh

However there are weapons that are effective in almost every situation, Boltor prime, Soma prime and the like. All of which are extremely common place and yet this mechanic punishes weapons that are not effective in nearly half the situations as the aforementioned weapons and they are the only ones that suffer to such an extreme due to the shields. So I ask again what does changing the shield do to negatively impact your gameplay experience? If it doesn't hurt you to have it changed, and it is a quality of life upgrade for slow firing weapons how is that a problem?

I must again state that it has been mentioned to be bugged, if the bug fix comes through and slow firing weapons are capable of dispatching the shield in a timely manner, doesn't even need to be very fast, then we will be happy.

The only reason this thread is as big as it is, is due to people continually coming in and belittling those of us that would prefer to use slow firing weapons, of which most get left in the dust damage wise by the weapons that can already dispatch the shield quickly. This again raises the question why does this mechanic need to remain the same if all it does is punish weapons that don't perform nearly as well as other weapons?

On the topic of swapping element types, swapping mod loadouts is vastly different than pulling an entire weapon out of your loadout because the mobs mechanics serve only to punish an inefficient weapon archtype.

So you prefer to carry around two slow firing weapons?

I already see something wrong with your loadout.

So you prefer to carry around two slow firing weapons?

I already see something wrong with your loadout.

Aye and it still doesn't change the fact that the more efficient weapons in the game don't have a hindrance such as this. I see people running around with a Boltor prime and Synoid Gammacor more than often, where is the Incentive to run a slow firing weapon in their loadouts? If the more efficient damage weapons have no problem dispatching the shield there should be no reason why slow firing weapons shouldn't be able as well. So I must again ask why would a change to its mechanics to allow slow firing weapons the capability to deal with the shields negatively effect your gameplay?

I still have yet to see proper justification as to why the shield mechanic should stay.

Edited by Rehero