Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Katars?

Amistyrja

You know, those bladed puncher thingies. Was thinking of how a plasma-edged triangular-bladed punching dagger would work against the Tenno enemies. It could probably be a Gauntlet weapon like the Ankyros and Furax, but inflict Piercing type damage like those of the dagger weapons. Oh oh and what if it's charged attack has the wielder slashing horizontally to release a narrow wave of slicing energy across about 5-10m? Or thrusting his katar into the enemy and firing a hidden shotgun concealed in front of the grip? Or maybe a Ragnarok Online Assassin's Sonic Blow(punching 8 times with katars in rapid succession)? All this after a considerable charge time of course. 

Sorry maybe I'm getting a little carried away regarding the charged attacks... You may ignore that bit DX

What does everyone think about Katars in WARFRAME? I think they're quite a charming weapon, and if made to look futuristic enough could probably have a place in the Tenno arsenal. 

Edited by Amistyrja

These thing would look quite pretty, but the would need a really different kill animation/action since there's quite a few blades already, the fists don't appeal to me at all, and you have a big axe and a sledge hammer that feel pretty alike. 

I thought about weapons while reading the post and for some reason I thought DE could add whip of sorts, just a wild idea thou, not even I'm sure of why.

These thing would look quite pretty, but the would need a really different kill animation/action since there's quite a few blades already, the fists don't appeal to me at all, and you have a big axe and a sledge hammer that feel pretty alike. 

I thought about weapons while reading the post and for some reason I thought DE could add whip of sorts, just a wild idea thou, not even I'm sure of why.

Hey I made a whip topic a while back! BRB bumping

EDIT: Oh and um, some katar attacks are thrusts which could perhaps share the gauntlet's attack animations, but it may need new ones for slashes I guess DX

Edited by Amistyrja

Claws look a little too similar to the gauntlet weapons for me. A Katar has a pair of nice long blades on them so critics can't say "Oh this is their idea of new content? Sticking knives onto a Furax?"

Id prefer them to make it an individual weapon that doesn't copy movesets.

Here's my go at it...

Claws; the arms will end up across the chest for the first and second clicks, and on the third click it will release the arms in an outward arc for a single dual strike. The Claws will be based on armor piercing/ignore damage (a "laser/photon/energy" claw skin can replace the armor ignore/piercing into bonus infested damage or something). The charge attack will be a slicing uppercut that can stagger non heavy units.

Base Damage  27.5

Base Firing Rate  1.3-1.5
Base Charge Damage  80
Base Charge Speed  1.0s

Katars on the other hand will have a weak, but very quick stabbing then slashing motion that deals two hits per hand. (The right hand will stab forward and slash outward and the left hand will do the same. The combo will be completed with four clicks, their weaker attack power compared to the claws makes up for in speed.) The Katars will have high base crit rate and high base crit damage. Basically Grakata in melee form if I were to put it. The charge attack will be a series of quick straight slices (right-left-right-left-RIGHT!)

Base Damage 25.0

Base Firing Rate 1.5-1.7
Base Charge Damage  20*4 + 33
Base Charge Speed  [slow, i dont know what counts as slow, above or below 1.0?]
Base Critical Chance  33%
Base Critical Damage 180%

The following will be for both weapons

The jump attack would not be a violent drop to the ground, but instead a graceful in-air swipe, attacks the foes from above

If it has to be a pounce then a cross slash that would land without the loud BUNCE

The slide attack could have a very wide horizontal slash, slashing out from across the chest

The attack range and damage for both weapons will be similar to the range of the Furax but they will be able to hit multiple enemies. Both weapons also do not stagger outside of charge, and slide attacks (the pounce will also have stagger if the "graceful in-air swipe" is not used).

5l9qfb.png

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

That Katar pic at the top reminds me allot of Ragnarok. :P

Im in favor of Katar weapons on the game. It would be great if instead of a blade, the Katar had a Beam source like the Gram and Plasma Sword.

That's a Jur =) Imagine if charged attack was Sonic Blow =D

That Katar pic at the top reminds me allot of Ragnarok. :P

Im in favor of Katar weapons on the game. It would be great if instead of a blade, the Katar had a Beam source like the Gram and Plasma Sword.

Short range, Multi-hit (really all melee should have it....) Hight RoF Stereoids and hight basic attack damage.

Charge attack should be a new mechanic (like a Speed buff or a Slide attack (Close-gap attack))

Hey I made a whip topic a while back! BRB bumping

EDIT: Oh and um, some katar attacks are thrusts which could perhaps share the gauntlet's attack animations, but it may need new ones for slashes I guess DX

I don't think whips are very lethal weapons.