Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.... Birthday Cards?

Llyssa

I can't help but wonder:

Interception is about us trying to intercept messages the enemy is sending.

What kind of messages need massive relays to fire across space? What kind of messages are infinite in number?

Well, birthday cards and e-mail spam about how for 50,000 credits you, friend of good peoples, can help me, a lost grineer prince. Also, codpiece enhancement pills.

Yet... the enemies are willing to die... in virtually infinite numbers to protect these messages.

It's strange to imagine a world where you are willing to, and even forced to, sacrifice the life of you and your entire squad, in order to try and stop people from stealing that animated kitty gif that councilor Hek was sending to his nephew.

I mean, it's statistically impossible for every single intercept to be important tactical information. Most is just... not.

"It took many lives, sir, but we managed to get it through only partially intercepted":

YKsKT.png

ive always wondered this myself...as well as how much of a message is 1%. probably only a t or something

In that case, it would just be a tweet.

We are obstructing twitter uploads!!

This would explain why every time the lotus wants to "send them a message", we have to kill like 50 guys. If the twitter relays were more reliable, she could just send "@2hekandback 10-O rulz.:)eer sux! lollersk8s!" instead of massacring a small outpost.

Convoy movements, tenno cryopod locations, vulnerable outposts. Everything helps the war effort.

Well, yeah, but we don't know what's being transmitted until we intercept it--We wouldn't really need to intercept otherwise.

Sometimes, we hit the jackpot--a batallion is moving from A to B, let's strike A while it's under-manned! GO GO GO!

But most of the messages are going to be worthless to us. Things we know, other inter-planetary communications. Kubrows looking cute.

EDIT: Although, that last one could explain it--Lotus wants more kawaii kubrow pics NAO! Go intercept some.

Edited by Llyssa