Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There A Point To The Mod Conflicts Between Sentinel And Player Weapons?

Innocent_Flower

There was previously a time when you could hold the pointer over a mod and see what it was equipped on (though it didn't say which loadout). That died with the new UI.

Well then, I think a symbol telling us whether a mod is equipped or not is enough. It's annoying to get the mod conflict warning every time I equip a different weapon.

Yeah there is, common sense. Gertrude has a ball, she invites his friend Bethica over. They play catch. Is it possible for Gertrude to have the ball if Bethica is holding it. No. So is it possible for your sentinel to have serration if you already have it?

Even if that's true, if it wouldn't be realistic, gameplay wise its the silliest thing ever, I COULD make my wyrm prime's laser rifle do some very decent dps, but the amount of time and effort it would require for me to farm an extra heavy caliber, split chamber, and serration and then max all of those out just so Wyrm Prime can have them is outrageous

NO one is going to do that, unless they have far more credits, fusion cores, and more time then sense on their hands

Ergo Sentinels that are meant to be DPS 'help you beat the S#&$ out of your enemies' sentinels, struggle to get any real damage going

@Llyssa are you trying to make sense? Are you even trying to be serious? Because that was just silly

Edited by NocturneOfSolace

There's no reason to make the change, it's been this way since sentinel weapons could be modded. Everyone else under the sun has adapted, but because YOU didn't want to miss christmas with your dad, THEY should have to do a lot of work to change the code and then do even more work yet to compensate everyone (I, and many others, will be FURIOUS about making 2 maxed serations for nothing!), while adding something that makes zero sense to anyone?

Dude, talk about the ultimate in irresponsibility.

It doesn't make it any less stupid. It's an obvious ploy to make players grind more.

The really annoying thing is from sentinel's side!

If for the next mission, you switch ConfigA to ConfigB on your sentinel, the installed mods in configA can still be in conflict with your current weapons configs.

You shouldn't get mod conflicts if you don't use the config (on sentinel) where the mods are put!

DE should give us the possibility to name/rename the "Config A, B, C" for frames, weapons and sentinels (i don't care about Kubrows :p )

I dont mind as you can alternate... i change the sent weapon based on the one i use be it Shotguns/Rifles and that does the job but using the Helios weapon is a no-no because it shares Melee mods and ALL melee weapons use those mods. I could use it i guess with Mesa and consider it the natural companion for her but really its not worth the hassle to fully max two sets of melee mods just to use a single sentinel weapon when it has access to all the others anyway.

It's annoying and it adds nothing to the game. 

Let's not even get into how I can change between shotgun and rifle (no such comfort exists for pistol or melee sentinel weapons)  It's just a silly-stupid thing that causes minor frustration. Did you want me to level up my mods doubly so that I have a set for sentinel weapons? If you're going to do that, you might as well add sentinel-specific weapon mods (don't. That'd still be a pain)

The point is "grind more." It is as simple as that.

• 3 weeks later...