Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fix Status Chance Mods, For The 596Th Time. This Is The Reason Weapons Have A D Slot.

Innocent_Flower

So we've still got mods that add 2.5% extra status chance per level. I repeat: Two point five percent.  (plus shotgun savvy that does 5%, for a negligible difference)

225px-MeleeProwessModU145.png225px-RifleAptitudeModU145.png225px-ShotgunSavvyModU145.png225px-SureShotModU145.png

How does the grineer radio say it? "Ignorance is no excuse!"? 

These mods are unusable. Especialy when you can just throw in a dual stat mod (which traditionaly have both stats weaker than single stat mods) for 15% per level. They're stronger Unranked than their comparative fully ranked mods. 

I don't even care if the dual stat mods need to get nerfed slightly to make up for this change, those mods clearly need a buff. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

I think DE is just trolling us with status chance mods at this point. Wanna know why I think this?

DE releases completely new Archwing mode. Makes status mods for it: +60% Status chance, 9 cost at max rank. Still better than the ones for the regular weapons though.

Month later, exclusive event mods-> 60% Status + 60% Fire damage, 7 cost at max rank.

#DELogic

Edited by LocoWithGun

I think DE is just trolling us with status chance mods at this point. Wanna know why I think this?

DE releases completely new Archwing mode. Makes status mods for it: +60% Status chance, 9 cost at max rank. Still better than the ones for the regular weapons though.

Month later, exclusive event mods-> 60% Status + 60% Fire damage, 7 cost at max rank.

#DELogic

They also release Melee electrical mod with 60% damage at max rank, same as Shocking touch. Community roars, they buff it to 120% fairly quickly, but still IGNORE Shocking touch. I really think they dont give a damn about mod balance and follow a slight adjusted scorched earth strategy. But this way, they hurt US. Its like we are the enemy.

As much as it's fun to laugh at DE's poor decisions; Is point blank really related to status chance?

Yes. Primed point blank demonstrates that DE doesn't like directly fixing obviously broken content. Instead they prefer releasing new content for limited periods of time that obsolete the old content. Primed point blank, the new physical damage mods, and the elemental status mods are all examples of this.

De please!

And don't forget this one:

225px-StunningSpeedModU145.png

Honestly it isn't as terrible. The reload bonus is usable and barely worse than the regular pistol reload mod, so you're trading like 8% reload for the (yes, S#&$ty) status chance, which could be worth it.

You know what is even worse? They already are screwing Archwing with the same thing. I guess that it is higher at 60%, but for the exact same points (7) as the new dual stat mods that give 60% status and the 60% fire damage, I would think that it should have a higher cap of status chance, make it take up 11 slots and give it 100% status at max (maybe higher). DE just cannot learn on this stuff can they.