Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Us To Change Gold Color Of Primes

Flibbertigibbety

I understand that primes are the best of the best n' whatnot... but I really can't stand that I'm forced to have gold on my prime warframes and weapons. We're allowed to deeply customize our character colors, even to the extent of purchasing color packs... and yet we can't touch the gold on our primes.

The one real thing that stands out on a prime is the shiny metalic look of the metal... so why not let us choose between a handful of super metallic shiny metals, like silver, gold, titanium, hematite, etc. Heck... I'd be willing to purchase a prime metals pack if it let me change the color from gold.

You could even get creative with it and make different types of materials to replace the prime color/texture to things like jade, ruby, etc. I bet people would totally pay for that junk!

Well, this is nice, but as countless people didn't like it, including me

No thank you, however I whuold like to have it as an choice, like its own color palette that only works for prime warframes, so people can choice to have the real gold, or an color-able one, as Nekros Prime that I hope to come out, whuold be handy with a color-able prime, as gold don;t fit such a role of necromancers.

but the issue with Nova and her weapons still stand, we still need the real golden choice 

Edited by LegionCynex

Agreed with the OP I am all for separate color/material selector for prime's golden trimming.

Not like we have it on the new Soma which made it look plastic tbh but instead keep the old system of normal colors not affecting the shiny parts. Instead add a separate additonal selection with its own separate materials (more stuff to spend plat on! :)) ) inside which we could select to replace gold with. I'd love to have some silver or emerald tbh.

Edited by EvilChaosKnight

On one hand I'd love to see this added, on the other, white and gold is kind of the Orokin thing, just look at the void.

Well, we can recolor white parts freely. With what was suggested we can keep the original idea of prime (color + special material (gold by default) trim) but also edit the trims separately to fit our tastes better. If you like gold and white you can still roll with it.

Even more so, as Kethus pointed out it seems that primes golden trims don't match which will also be possible to fix if the OP's idea would be implemented as trim parts of textures would have to be "standardized" to allow different colors/materials.

Looks like win-win-win solution to me (more customization for one - same gold trim shade for others - more plat purchases for DE).

Having just built the vasto prime, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed by the gold on it.

The pre-peanutbutter gold on primes was, as I understand it, not colorable because of how it was added to the models. The gold on the vasto prime is colorable, but it lacks the over the top metallic effect, reflectivity, and golden shine (normal metals have a white shine while prime-gold has a yellow glint that can't be replicated on other things, which is why coloring normal things gold still doesn't look prime).

Half the reason I like prime stuff is being as ostentatious as Liberace's candelabra. The vasto just doesn't have it. I guess colorable is good for some, but I'd rather have static gold with all the old material effects.

Having just built the vasto prime, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed by the gold on it.

The pre-peanutbutter gold on primes was, as I understand it, not colorable because of how it was added to the models. The gold on the vasto prime is colorable, but it lacks the over the top metallic effect, reflectivity, and golden shine (normal metals have a white shine while prime-gold has a yellow glint that can't be replicated on other things, which is why coloring normal things gold still doesn't look prime).

Half the reason I like prime stuff is being as ostentatious as Liberace's candelabra. The vasto just doesn't have it. I guess colorable is good for some, but I'd rather have static gold with all the old material effects.

idk, i think if you changed the gold to a seperate option with a set of purchasable (or maybe event drop) skin textures for the gold bits you could keep the overall ostentatiousness and have customizability

and DE would profit. i personally feel that in addition to metals( silver, cobalt, hematite, tungsten, lead, copper,erebium, Etc) you could have transclucent skins too( amythest, citrine, diamond, emerald, smoky quartz, ruby, sapphire, etc) it would certainly sell well.

idk, i think if you changed the gold to a seperate option with a set of purchasable (or maybe event drop) skin textures for the gold bits you could keep the overall ostentatiousness and have customizability

and DE would profit. i personally feel that in addition to metals( silver, cobalt, hematite, tungsten, lead, copper,erebium, Etc) you could have transclucent skins too( amythest, citrine, diamond, emerald, smoky quartz, ruby, sapphire, etc) it would certainly sell well.

I'm not opposed to customization except in comparison to the old prime shininess. I look at it the same way as people asking for the ability to put the normal weapon skins on primes (e.g. making the paris prime just look like the normal paris); I wouldn't do it, but it's cool if they want to.

If it's possible to have it both ways (old gold texture/gleam and selectable colors) then sure. No objections. If they can add more materials, whatever. It doesn't detract from my experience so it's cool by me. Maybe 100p is a little much, but that's up to them.

If it can only be one or the other, I'd rather have fewer colorable areas and the gold than a plastic soma and blingless vasto. It's just not the same.

I'm not opposed to customization except in comparison to the old prime shininess. I look at it the same way as people asking for the ability to put the normal weapon skins on primes (e.g. making the paris prime just look like the normal paris); I wouldn't do it, but it's cool if they want to.

If it's possible to have it both ways (old gold texture/gleam and selectable colors) then sure. No objections. If they can add more materials, whatever. It doesn't detract from my experience so it's cool by me. Maybe 100p is a little much, but that's up to them.

If it can only be one or the other, I'd rather have fewer colorable areas and the gold than a plastic soma and blingless vasto. It's just not the same.

ikr. i miss the old shininess

conan_iphonegoldouttakes-523920e4e7c97.j

But in seriousness, I do hope they apply the new, recolorable gold to older primes, especially the frames.  Maybe after some tweaks so the colors look right, but ideally, every piece of every Warframe and weapon should take coloring.

Make it actually glow like the original gold and you got yourself a deal. That or add a toggle for those who like brushed metal, because current PBR stuffs are not shiny.