Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Makes Sense As To Why The Rakta Ballistca Is Bad!

Niryco

Well I forgot which Dev said they would see to it that the Ballistica is usable again and they introduce a Rakta Ballistica that does impact damage which in general is worse, with little improvements, an additional burst to waste one additional ammo with its stupendous recoil and finally the cherry on top is that it is not* customizable. All that for additional ammo, a blight effect and one more polarity?

That way players would not want to use this new Rakta Ballistica since it you know it isn't much of an improvement and instead jump back to their more ammo efficient, better damage model and fully customizable Ballistica. Not to mention who needs a blight AOE, having my primary doing AOE is more than enough then having two weapons deal AOE.

End Rant.

Well I am not happy with this weapon and the patience is wearing thin on this one, I am not sure if it is a joke weapon that was bugged to hell because it doesn't even work well as mastery fodder honestly. And I am tired, good night guys and have a happy new year.

Edited by Niryco

rakta ballistica is one of the best weapons for warframe like saryn, excal etc.

you can play with it as lvl 0 ! energy restore and very good aoe damage compensate everything

The damage the AoE deals is 1k, anywhere with sufficient affinity gain to cause it to procc frequently will also be a place where the damage done is negligible. I find it kinda funny that the syniod gammacore and the rakta ballistica are the only two  syndicate weapons to get energy regen from their affinity procc, since the syniod is considered the best syndicate weapon while the rakta is considered the worst.

The damage the AoE deals is 1k, anywhere with sufficient affinity gain to cause it to procc frequently will also be a place where the damage done is negligible. I find it kinda funny that the syniod gammacore and the rakta ballistica are the only two  syndicate weapons to get energy regen from their affinity procc, since the syniod is considered the best syndicate weapon while the rakta is considered the worst.

its sure not the worst. u cant jungle only because damage is low or its hard to aim/hit.

the weapon has very strong syndicate bonus. that makes it very good for group gameplay. 

with good mods it deals useful damage too and i run around and collect orbs most of the time anyway.. i don't even have to shot.

The Ballistica in general needs a rework.  The way it fires is annoying in both uncharged and charged forms.  Never mind that it also does crappy damage and has a small clip.  The Syndicate version is just a different flavor of the same brand of unsatisfying.

Make it like a pocket Paris, but with a very high base damage and status chance instead of crit chance/damage (because let's face it, pistol crit mods are awful and no amount of crit can make going crit build viable).  Then make it silent (because for some reason the Ballistica isn't a silent weapon, lol).  There, now it's a respectable counterpart to the Gammacor/Synoid Gammacor.

Nah, this sidearm is simply ugly, bad, and it has a weird horizontal recoil that none of other weapons have, it's weird and bad and ugly and I'm ReDVeil fan, but the ballistica is just sucking big time, sorry DE. I love your work! Happy new year everyone!

This weapon almost feels like a joke really. When a sidearm feels good you can tell, like the Brakk or the Bolto or the Detron, etc or the Hikou, c'mon the Ballistica is a JOKE! (sorry I'm drunk), but please DE do something with this weapon. Now I'm off celebrating new year I've just seen this post and couldn't let it go without have a word. Do something to Ballistica, anything!

Edited by 000_Briarius_000

its sure not the worst. u cant jungle only because damage is low or its hard to aim/hit.

the weapon has very strong syndicate bonus. that makes it very good for group gameplay. 

with good mods it deals useful damage too and i run around and collect orbs most of the time anyway.. i don't even have to shot.

All syndicate weapons and weapons with a syndicate mods on them have an AOE. The AoE will only procc every 2k affinity earned and has a 10 second Refractory period after activation where no affinity earned goes towards the next AoE. If your not even going to fire it you might as well carry the dark dagger or mire with the veils syndicate mod so at least you can block incoming fire (which now that i think about it, i could probably make some interesting builds using that, might try doing a pure caster loudout with sword alone only for coptering/blocking).

That being said, the AOE is viral which as far as elemental proccs go is probably the best for scaling outside of radiation.

They should rework it at this point to be a mini chain arrow gun:

tumblr_lwgkddpIYP1r8a8koo1_500.jpg

If anything, that should be a concept of Attica Prime, which I am hoping becomes a thing someday. It's such an underrated weapon that I have taken a strong liking to.

Edited by Tymerc

And so are rocket launchers, but the Ogris is a silent weapon.  Hell, so is the Synoid Gammacor, and it's a laser pointer.

Rocket launchers aren't as loud as you think when fired, but the impact is loud as hell.

Lasers are definitely silent.