Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash's Stealth: Allow The Player To See Him

deadpixels

So with Ash's smokescreen, when you become invisible you become completely invisible. You as the player cannot even see your own Warframe, which in a third-person game can make things a little tricky. (Particularly hitting enemies with melee attacks for the guaranteed crit, or trying to do parkour stuff.)

It'd be much better if it were similar to Loki's, where you still see a sort of outline of your character.

So with Ash's smokescreen, when you become invisible you become completely invisible. You as the player cannot even see your own Warframe, which in a third-person game can make things a little tricky. (Particularly hitting enemies with melee attacks for the guaranteed crit, or trying to do parkour stuff.)

It'd be much better if it were similar to Loki's, where you still see a sort of outline of your character.

Naw I thought so at first too. But I love seeing enemies magically split in two. It's cool for other player too. That ancient is just about to smack the energy out of your mouth and then suddenly. SLICE... he's split in two by an invisible Ash. It's awesome.

Ash is his own animal. Don't make him like Loki.

+1

i was always confused by this

Ash is such a @(*()$ ninja that he even hides FROM HIMSELF!!!

i suggest some kind of smoky imaterial effect much like the smoke on his arm

im picturing something like from some anime vampire flicks, where the vampire turns into a foggy ethereal form and then forms solid/attacks out from the smoke

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Slight visibility would ideal for the use of the skill, as currently you have no idea what position your character is truly in. Making it had to chain charge attacks, or know if you just got knocked down.

It is both an amazing and slightly impairing skill, if you have a proper melee weapon to use with it. Amazing for crits, limiting for not having any idea of your current animation state.

Naw I thought so at first too. But I love seeing enemies magically split in two. It's cool for other player too. That ancient is just about to smack the energy out of your mouth and then suddenly. SLICE... he's split in two by an invisible Ash. It's awesome.

Ash is his own animal. Don't make him like Loki.

I doubt it would be super difficult to make Ash slightly visible on the player's screen, but still completely invisible to your teammates.

Edited by deadpixels

I thought they were going to get around to adding his cloaked effect eventually.

The slight smokey effect is the right idea.

keeping him completely invisible to the player makes it needlessly difficult to get into proper range for stealth attacks without bumping into the enemy.

Edited by Ronyn