Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aegis' Accidental Buff?

Thural

I've been playing with my Sword and board recently, and I noticed that even when I run out of the old green stuff, I can still block damage.  This may be due to my quick rest replacing my stamina faster than I lose it, but I don't think so, I'll try it out in higher level stuff and get back to you guys.

Also I noticed Paris Prime only has 30 arrows instead of 72. Or did I miss patchnote or something?

Did you have Castanas / Angstrum as you secondary? They both use Launcher ammo, and has a limit of 30. Launcher ammo draws from Sniper ammo pool which is the same as the one bows use and will limit your total ammo to 30 as well . It's a really old bug that has been in the game ever since launcher ammo nerfs happened . Strangely enough DE still hasn't fixed it yet.

Did you have Castanas / Angstrum as you secondary? They both use Launcher ammo, and has a limit of 30. Launcher ammo draws from Sniper ammo pool which is the same as the one bows use and will limit your total ammo to 30 as well . It's a really old bug that has been in the game ever since launcher ammo nerfs happened . Strangely enough DE still hasn't fixed it yet.

I don't think it's a bug. They meant to nerf it. However, it's rough when you want sniper ammo mutation on the pistols and not on the bow or rifle.

I'd rather they focused on its defensive properties more than its offensive capabilities. The shield is merely for show and the weapon is no different from any other melee we have which imo is disappointing. It should give a near permanent defensive block , even expanding in size while blocking so teammates can fire from behind the cover of the shield, much like shield Lancers allow other Grineer units to do. 

Most if not all our melee weapons, even with the different stances is merely a different shaped stick that does the same thing with the Glaive-types (mechanically) as the only exception atm. I wish for more actual difference in functionality of melee weapons.

I don't think it's a bug. They meant to nerf it. However, it's rough when you want sniper ammo mutation on the pistols and not on the bow or rifle.

I agree. They had a choice to make since both weapons use the same ammo pool either have using a bow more than double the ammo for Angstrum/Castanas or reduce the ammo pool to the lower value.

Till they change it so that explosive/AoE weapons use a different ammo pool than snipers/bows I think they made the correct choice. 

I agree. They had a choice to make since both weapons use the same ammo pool either have using a bow more than double the ammo for Angstrum/Castanas or reduce the ammo pool to the lower value.

Till they change it so that explosive/AoE weapons use a different ammo pool than snipers/bows I think they made the correct choice. 

I don't see why they can't just have both weapons use their own (separated) pool of the same kind of ammo.

guys, what do sniper ammo weapons have to do with silva and aegis?

Thread hijacking at its best, haha.

As for the S&A buff, that sounds absolutely amazingly awesome (except for the fact that you can't really sprint or copter away from high-level enemies after blocking a few hits, which I guess can be seen as a balancing factor if this change was intended). I'll have to test this out later.

It's definitely not intended, it's not in the patch notes, and I read those things top to bottom just for Silva & Aegis stuff.

EDIT: it appears as though it's my stamina charging just faster than I can take damage, because it doesn't work in conclave where stamina drops constantly while blocking

Edited by Thural