Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Return Of Nemesis

TENN0GEN

she can't return if she never existed. warframe is a spiritual successor to darksector, not a sequel. 

But the devs have said that Hayden Tenno was the First Tenno and the Proto armor Excalibur skin is Hayden's armor from Dark Sector.

Warframe takes place MILLENNIA after the end of Dark Sector

But the devs have said that Hayden Tenno was the First Tenno and the Proto armor Excalibur skin is Hayden's armor from Dark Sector.

Warframe takes place MILLENNIA after the end of Dark Sector

no they didn't, that's a nod toward the game because warframe is what darksector was supposed to be. look up the definition of spiritual successor. 

DE has NEVER said "warframe happens after dark sector", so they are in different game universes unless DE makes the statment. 

no they didn't, that's a nod toward the game because warframe is what darksector was supposed to be. look up the definition of spiritual successor. 

DE has NEVER said "warframe happens after dark sector", so they are in different game universes unless DE makes the statment. 

DE has been doing whatever they wanted with the lore ever since ever, heck, they can throw everything out and say "HEY, ALL OF YOU ARE PLAYING AS HAYDEN TENNO, AND IF YOU'RE A FEMALE FRAME YOU'RE CROSSDRESSING!"... Just sayin'.

I'm pretty sure they did retcon it. It was INITIALLY only in spirit, but I'm pretty sure they officially stated it DOES take place in the same universe. I can't give you an exact source, but it was one of the dev streams.

Says who? We've got proof that the original prototype Excal armor is Hayden Tenno's Proto-Armor.

sorry, warframe is a spiritual successor. look up the definition. you can't put warframe as a sequel since De never said it. sorry you don't like it, but when faced with that fact you can't just deny it. 

>acting as if i am an idiot. 

i've seen ALL the sources, ALL the teasers. not ONE says "WARFRAME HAPPENS AFTER DARK SECTOR". it dosn't matter what you like to happen, or what you would rather happen, unless they make that statement or something similar, it's a spiritual successor. even if i loved dark sector to death and wanted with all my heart for the games to exist in the same universe, i can't ignore the fact that they never said it was and go with what i want to happen. since you guys continue to pull the lore card over and over, here is the definition. 

spiritual successor, sometimes called a spiritual sequel, is a successor to a work of fiction which does not build upon the storyline established by a previous work as do most traditional prequels or sequels, yet features many of the same elements, themes, and styles as its source material, thereby resulting in it being related or similar "in spirit" to its predecessor.