Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am Not Pleased How Excalibur Become A Press 4 Frame Only

Absens

Do you guys remember the days excalibur just spam Radial Blind,passing through walls and objects,we used to blind a whole 50m radius.Yes that is cleary Op and needs a nerf.You shouldnt get blinded if you are seperated by 3 walls from the source.

But since the day it requires line of sight,its NOT even working properly.I cant blind the enemies that can cleary see me,but below me like,5 meters?I cant blind enemies when i am on a hill,COME ON,if they can shoot me,then they see me obviously.This ability is broken now.

We used to just press 2 and then play the game as all other frames do,now all people who play Excalibur just press '4' doing absolutely nothing else,making the game boring for themselves,and for other players.

I wonder if some fixes are intended soon.

Do you guys remember the days excalibur just spam Radial Blind,passing through walls and objects,we used to blind a whole 50m radius.Yes that is cleary Op and needs a nerf.You shouldnt get blinded if you are seperated by 3 walls from the source.

But since the day it requires line of sight,its NOT even working properly.I cant blind the enemies that can cleary see me,but below me like,5 meters?I cant blind enemies when i am on a hill,COME ON,if they can shoot me,then they see me obviously.This ability is broken now.

We used to just press 2 and then play the game as all other frames do,now all people who play Excalibur just press '4' doing absolutely nothing else,making the game boring for themselves,and for other players.

I wonder if some fixes are intended soon.

as it were the 2 only real usefull skills Excalibur has, and 1 has been completely nerfed to the point it is useless... I agree, who even uses the super jump or the slash dash? 

Maybe you need more range, I use radical blind all the time and it works. Even when you use super jump.

I have 35 meter range on it,%25 it works,%75 it doesnt,in exactly same spot.I dont want to test my luck when i use an ability,this is not Poker.

Build him for Duration.

Find yourself overwhelmed? Super Jump to higher ground, or Slash Dash to cover. Easy.

Excal NEVER has been a "press 4 to win frame" at any given point. People simply don't know how to use him to his fullest.

Why not complain about Ash? You NEVER see any Ash player doing ANYTHING that does not involve Bladestorming the entire map.

Build him for Duration.

Find yourself overwhelmed? Super Jump to higher ground, or Slash Dash to cover. Easy.

Excal NEVER has been a "press 4 to win frame" at any given point. People simply don't know how to use him to his fullest.

Why not complain about Ash? You NEVER see any Ash player doing ANYTHING that does not involve Bladestorming the entire map.

Juper Jump has absolutely NOTHING to do with duration.

Please dont talk about the topics you have no idea of.

Super Jump is affected by Strength, but he jumps preeeetty high even without any in the build. Durations for the stun time on Blind and the travel distance on the Dash. If you really wanted to give the jump a bit more oomph you only need Intensify slapped on. He's invisible for the entire time he's airborne.

Might wanna dedicate yourself a bit more to him. Insulting people based off assumptions won't get you anywhere. :P

Which is the kinda the thing with Excalibur in the first place... you need to be VERY dedicated with him. He's one of the most versatile Warframes in the game.

Edited by littlewomba

RB just needs a soft LOS system.

Within 12 meters (affected by range mods), it will ALWAYS work and blind everything.

From 13 meters on (affected by range mods) it is affected by LOS.

The "always work distance" should be affected by strength IMO

I mean, it makes the flash brigther

I agree, who even uses the super jump or the slash dash? 

Let's go one more and ask, who even used the Excalibur?

Me.

Quite often, in fact.

I prefer how Excalibur is now. Unless you are fighting purely low level enemies, he is definitely not a press 4 to win frame, at least not with the build I run with him.

Super Jump is affected by Strength, but he jumps preeeetty high even without any in the build. Durations for the stun time on Blind and the travel distance on the Dash. If you really wanted to give the jump a bit more oomph you only need Intensify slapped on. He's invisible for the entire time he's airborne.

Might wanna dedicate yourself a bit more to him. Insulting people based off assumptions won't get you anywhere. :P

Which is the kinda the thing with Excalibur in the first place... you need to be VERY dedicated with him. He's one of the most versatile Warframes in the game.

I cant believe i accidentaly upvoted you.

There is no single insult in my post,i said please dont talk,quite nice eh?

You missed the entire point then,since my post is cleary about broken LOS mecahics,building him for duration,just for slash dash.is cleary a bad idea.

sir..stop...DE did try to make Excalibul less like a "Press 4 to win", by making Radical Javelin + Radial Blind affect by wall, but dual to insane nerd rage, Excalibul has become the Press 4 Frame as we know today.

so if you wanna blame, blame the 1 that said Excalibul should be that OP

Slash Dash does pretty puny damage to higher level mobs. I even said it's best when used to get out of a sticky situation. You're traveling faster then the enemies can aim at you.

Like Devoid said... he's definitely not a "spam nuke 2 win" frame. He's a jack of all trades, master of none. He's good at mostly everything but he doesn't specialize in any one thing.

There's quite a few frames who'd outright put Excalibur to complete shame in the "spam 4" department. Saryn, Ash, Mesa, Rhino, heck even Frost. Have you seen the ridiculous base damage on Avalanche? It's one of the hardest hitting powers in the entire game before factoring in armor values and armor type resistances.

Edited by littlewomba

sir..stop...DE did try to make Excalibul less like a "Press 4 to win", by making Radical Javelin + Radial Blind affect by wall, but dual to insane nerd rage, Excalibul has become the Press 4 Frame as we know today.

They added LOS to RB, to compensate that, DE changed how RJ works, yet delete it again because of their badly design

the inconsistency/lack of thought cause the rage, DE deserves it

Excalibur is a press 4 to win frame not because his 4 is uber good but because it's his only reliable skill and it outshines all of his other skills. He also has 2 obsolete abilities, namely Slash Dash and Super Jump because they can be emulated by melee weapons with better results and pretty much for free.

LoS mechanics work fine enough for blind but there are still the instances where you blind a whole group of mobs but still have a few dudes who didn't get blinded cause they were crowded togheter.. now THAT's an issue not to mention that DE went overboard with LoS mechanics now that Nulifiers are present which futher renders most LoS abilities absolote vs those who do not need it because while LoS abilities will only affect visible enemies for the CC a full AOE will affect all enemies in it's AOE except those in the bubble and like that reduce the impact of a Nulifier Spawn in high level.

In short Excalibur only has 1 ability the rest being Obsolete or just not worth it, that's why he's a press 4 to win frame. Also the press 4 to win thing refers to using the 4th abilities excesively because they either are the best choice or only choice.

Let's face it, that was because people used Excalibur on Viver.

He also has 2 obsolete abilities, namely Slash Dash and Super Jump because they can be emulated by melee weapons with better results and pretty much for free.

Oh. Sure. Remind me again... which melee weapons render you invisible while airborne? Oh! And which ones drain zero stamina when coptering to?

Excalibur is a press 4 to win frame not because his 4 is uber good but because it's his only reliable skill and it outshines all of his other skills. He also has 2 obsolete abilities, namely Slash Dash and Super Jump because they can be emulated by melee weapons with better results and pretty much for free.

LoS mechanics work fine enough for blind but there are still the instances where you blind a whole group of mobs but still have a few dudes who didn't get blinded cause they were crowded togheter.. now THAT's an issue not to mention that DE went overboard with LoS mechanics now that Nulifiers are present which futher renders most LoS abilities absolote vs those who do not need it because while LoS abilities will only affect visible enemies for the CC a full AOE will affect all enemies in it's AOE except those in the bubble and like that reduce the impact of a Nulifier Spawn in high level.

In short Excalibur only has 1 ability the rest being Obsolete or just not worth it, that's why he's a press 4 to win frame. Also the press 4 to win thing refers to using the 4th abilities excesively because they either are the best choice or only choice.

Exactly my point.

But well,i guess this is one of the issues that the community is divided to 2 completely seperate parts.

Oh. Sure. Remind me again... which melee weapons render you invisible while airborne? Oh! And which ones drain zero stamina when coptering to?

Due to the accuracy changes and the general speed of movement while coptering or directional air you are pretty much invincible also Energy is more valuable than Stamina not to mention that melee slide can and will do more dmg than Slash Dash. THe only times these 2 abilities are better than melee is when using power strength and duration but that's a rather bad idea because we all know dmg falls off hard and CC is King.

ALso I would like to add that Excalibur in DE's eyes is not a jack of all trades, he's a melee frame to them, just look at his augments, all of them are melee focused not to mention that 2 abilities are by default meant to help him melee (Slash dash, reach enemy, and Radial Blind, gain melee dmg boost and cover from fire).

You're thinking about Radial Javelin CTan. Excalibur gains damage on his melee weapon for each enemy a Javelin hits when augmented.

I can really only assume here but you guys are simply not using him to his fullest potential at all. He's not intended to spam Syndicate Reputation farming on Draco / Stephano. Don't hold a frame to a standard of performance in an endless mission type.

ANY frame, not just Excalibur, will fail miserably. Sooner or later everything will faceplant into a 6 foot hole in the ground at some point during Endless missions. Remember. None of the Warframes are horribly terribad right now. How well they perform is a simple matter of how skilled the player is in gameplay.

Edited by littlewomba