The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding Keys/mods In Rot C Archwing Interception Was A Really Dumb Idea

Phoenix86

Come on DE, seriously? Keys and mods on 4th wave?

Like we dont ALREADY have to deal with?

- Noobs

- Undergeared ppl

- Afkers

- Leechers

- Leavers

- Laag

- Disconnections

- 5 Archwing Parts

Yeah let's just add to the pool ALL the keys and 5+ Archwing Mods everyone already has!

It will be really funny and stimolating get that last part of *insert_name_of_something_you_miss*

You already did this in the Void, now in Archwing.

WTF wasnt there already enough RNG and difficulty?

I aint gonna spend plats for those damned Elytron wings while i sit on 5+ of all the other parts and countless keys, i swear.

If Keys & Mods are gonna stay on rotation C then move Archwing parts also into Rotation A & B and make it fair!

I'm starting to wonder if DE is actually listening to the player feedback. There have been a lot of complains about the massive grind and that we want it to be decreased. Even a lot of good suggestions that could lessen the grind while still having us work for it. Instead they increased the grind more for the Void and now Archwing as well.

Guess I'll never get that last Onorix part now.

Edited by Amorax

To be fair it's not hard to do Caelus over and over and over. It just wastes too much time given how random the drop table is. I've got all Elytron parts in one try, been trying to get Fluctus Stock(IIRC) and all I get is Centaur Blade again and again. IMO it's not as bad as Void.

To be fair it's not hard to do Caelus over and over and over. It just wastes too much time given how random the drop table is. I've got all Elytron parts in one try, been trying to get Fluctus Stock(IIRC) and all I get is Centaur Blade again and again. IMO it's not as bad as Void.

you say so 'cause you've been EXTREMELY LUCKY,

fact is that, when you miss 1 item in a pool of 15+ items well...

you have less then 8% chance to get what you need...

and given that every chance takes AT BEST 12 mins (3 min/wave), at worst over 30 mins...

THIS IS TOTALLY UNFAIR

It was already a 20% chance (kinda low but imho "OK") now is over 2 times less!

Edited by Phoenix86

you say so 'cause you've been EXTREMELY LUCKY,

fact is that, when you miss 1 item in a pool of 15+ items well...

you have less then 8% chance to get what you need...

and given that every chance takes AT BEST 12 mins (3 min/wave), at worst over 30 mins...

THIS IS TOTALLY UNFAIR

It was already a 20% chance (kinda low but imho "OK") now is over 2 times less!

It will only get worse later, though, if DE decides to keep making Archwing parts drop like Void reward, and not adding more Archwing mission nodes. Better grind it like hell now, before more and more gets added to the reward table.

Best of luck.

It will only get worse later, though, if DE decides to keep making Archwing parts drop like Void reward, and not adding more Archwing mission nodes. Better grind it like hell now, before more and more gets added to the reward table.

Best of luck.

that's what i'm doing since... well since the event basically, i didnt play much AW before

that's what i'm doing since... well since the event basically, i didnt play much AW before

Me, too. But the event has me hooked. Well, not the event itself, since it was boring. But it made me like Archwing enough to give a damn. Hope DE doesn't get discouraged from many people in the forums hating on Archwing.

Me, too. But the event has me hooked. Well, not the event itself, since it was boring. But it made me like Archwing enough to give a damn. Hope DE doesn't get discouraged from many people in the forums hating on Archwing.

True dat, i wasnt interested in AW at all before... the event made me like them even if it wasnt that great itself

uranium offers very bad rewards :) so i don't play archwing anymore... its huge waste of time

i was top damage dealer in 80-90% in all my games (since years) and i am THE MAN who carry all the trash-random-noobs :)

but current situation with horrible rewards is breaking my neck

edit for Phoenix86

maybe it could be useful for u if u have elytron already:

u can spam ely's 3 ability near attacked spot and will carry all the noobs with 70-90% group damage

Edited by fuffi2milka

True dat, i wasnt interested in AW at all before... the event made me like them even if it wasnt that great itself

I'm pretty sure that's what DE was aiming for in making this an archwing event - for people to have to play archwing and realise that with the mod drop increases etc it's not as bad as they remember from first release. I know plenty of people who've picked up a good few of the defensive and elemental damage mods, midranked their gear and now find archwing more fun.

Tbh archwing early game sucked for a lot of people (maybe add broken archwing mods? And that no wings running in space glitch with the end of the archwing intro questline was a pain for helping new players into it), mid game is pretty sweet once you know to never stop moving, and endgame is pretty nonexistent unless you want to brave the netcode to take uranus interception up to stupidly high rounds, or you purposely kit yourself out in rubbish gear for a challenge. Plus archwing doesn't give you anything to help with regular game modes (other than tonnes of gallium), just better archwing stuff in the hopes it'll be useful in the future.

I wonder if a future event will be the opposite of this one - instead of doing ground work to get material to build thing to be able to do the archwing part they reverse it. That'd be interesting to see the playerbase response, particularly if they made those components tradeable like limbo theorem proof fragments.

What I still don't get is why they made the archwing weapons untradable, that at least would alleviate some of the grind. I had to do 14 solo run of Uranus Interception when all the bugs with out of bounds enemies,  forced extraction, host migration etc etc was happening before I got my hands on the Elytron. The grind for it actually made me loathe archwing. So if that is what DE's plans are they have succeded.