Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plz No Resetarino

Sching

I was reading around on random files (as we all do) and looked at the Open Beta Agreement.

I read them, and was intensely sp00k3d by the 5th paragraph, it was;

5. Any experience or achievements accumulated during your time in the Open Beta may be removed or reset at any time during the Open Beta testing period. When the game is opened to the public, each player may be returned to novice status.

And all I could think of was, plz, plz no.

There used to be a statement that no reset will happen (except in some serious cases like server damage etc) but they removed it.

To be fair I doubt they will reset us because at this point it would be pretty much equal to suicide so don't worry.

Edited by WhisperByte

Anything is possible, but as long as DE's being careful with how things are being run I don't think we'll have to worry about any kind of data wipe.

Their only other reason to wipe data would be something along the lines of "lol we wiped the data because we felt like it and we can, have fun grinding for the things u once had"

We can no longer have optional resets due to platinum. 

There is no way to work out (without mad levels of effort) how much platinum some one should have after a reset. They could give us no platinum but I am sure that would go against some terms and conditions of the product you purchase. Imagine someone who bought platinum. Traded some away, gained some with platinum and then trade some more away. 

When you reset them do you give them all their purchased platinum back? Some? Do you take the platinum away from the person they traded it to ? 

A global reset of everything would solve this. However I for one would lose interest in the game if all my time and effort so far was simply deleted. 

We can no longer have optional resets due to platinum. 

There is no way to work out (without mad levels of effort) how much platinum some one should have after a reset. They could give us no platinum but I am sure that would go against some terms and conditions of the product you purchase. Imagine someone who bought platinum. Traded some away, gained some with platinum and then trade some more away. 

When you reset them do you give them all their purchased platinum back? Some? Do you take the platinum away from the person they traded it to ? 

A global reset of everything would solve this. However I for one would lose interest in the game if all my time and effort so far was simply deleted. 

Plat would be simple IMO. what you bought you get back. Its not like you would still have the item you traded to the other person. plat you got through trading would be lost.

Then again. Just one of those things in the agreement that are meant as safe guards.

Plat would be simple IMO. what you bought you get back. Its not like you would still have the item you traded to the other person. plat you got through trading would be lost.

Then again. Just one of those things in the agreement that are meant as safe guards.

Even just theoretically speaking this would be a horrible solution to the freeloaders...there are quite a few people that literally made thousands of platinum and then spent it on necessary things (Weapon/WF slots, potatoes during a famine and so on)...those people that spent hundreds of hours would be getting ripped off so hard that a lot would quit and voila the game is suddenly a ghost town. 

Because every F2P game needs its' freeloaders.