Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radial Javalin, A Step In The Wrong Direction

Inmemoratus

Now that Radial Javalin goes through walls, Excalibur is one of those "press 4 and everything on the level dies instantly" frames. I think this is a step in the wrong direction. Instead of doing this, other abilities should have been nerfed.

It's not fun for the other players when some guy just presses a button and kills everything before any enemies are even in view.

I'm normally not a fan of nerfs, but there's a point where power creep is too much even in a PvE game. Specifically when it removes the gameplay from the other 3 players in your squad. That's pretty much where I draw the line between acceptable and @(*()$ stupid.

Edited by Inmemoratus

I agree, I'm not against excalibur being good since I have mained him forever. But I am against making him a 4th power hero. I mean even Nova now is not annoying like that. Saryn's ability at least gives the enemy a second or two before going down, not saying much. But yea I tend to avoid higher level defense and MD missions because it is nothing but excaliburs doing this. Before I see any enemies they spam their 4th, it's pretty annoying now.

radial javelin has &!$$ poor damage with an awful damage type. If you're complaining about it you should leave mercury.

The damage is good enough to kill pretty much anything in any mission on the Star chart, not everyone is playing T4 void missions all the time.

I agree, I'm not against excalibur being good since I have mained him forever. But I am against making him a 4th power hero. I mean even Nova now is not annoying like that. Saryn's ability at least gives the enemy a second or two before going down, not saying much. But yea I tend to avoid higher level defense and MD missions because it is nothing but excaliburs doing this. Before I see any enemies they spam their 4th, it's pretty annoying now.

I don't see how Nova is in an acceptable state considering every Nova just uses 4 and ignores the other abilities, and it tends to make missions way too easy in general. It's not as bad because players still have to shoot a few enemies, but it's still pretty bad.

yeah, it's all radial javelin and nothing else that makes it useful in rep farming.

Your point is still invalid. You said it did, and I quote:

radial javelin has &!$$ poor damage with an awful damage type. If you're complaining about it you should leave mercury.

^that.

Yes it is not the only essential bit in rep farming. But it sure as hell isn't useless.

I don't see how Nova is in an acceptable state considering every Nova just uses 4 and ignores the other abilities, and it tends to make missions way too easy in general. It's not as bad because players still have to shoot a few enemies, but it's still pretty bad.

I main Nova and can tell you that's not the case.

You see her in T4D and other defense (maybe Interception?) don't you? That's where she's expected to spam Molecular Prime.

I hardly use it outside Defense if I don't have to.

I do actually use Null Star.

And I use Antimatter Drop. Though I don't see why anyone wouldn't. It sucks up Bombard rockets if you have the augment, and quadruples the damage of anything going in to it.

And I love Worm Hole.

EDIT: All of my friends who also use Nova frequently would tell you the same.

Edited by Kaiczar

I main Nova and can tell you that's not the case.

You see her in T4D and other defense (maybe Interception?) don't you? That's where she's expected to spam Molecular Prime.

I hardly use it outside Defense if I don't have to.

I do actually use Null Star.

And I use Antimatter Drop. Though I don't see why anyone wouldn't. It sucks up Bombard rockets if you have the augment, and quadruples the damage of anything going in to it.

And I love Worm Hole.

EDIT: All of my friends who also use Nova frequently would tell you the same.

I'm not saying her other abilities aren't useful but most Nova players are effective with just the 4 because it's such a powerful ability. They may not be bringing her to her full potential but they get away with it.

Edited by Inmemoratus

I mean that you have to actively kill enemies with Nova, at least other players have a chance at playing the game. Excalibur on the other hand, you don't even get to see the enemies before they die. Not talking about the use of only one power so much as the fact that there is no gameplay when playing with a radial javelin build excal on the team

I'm not saying her other abilities aren't useful but most Nova players are effective with just the 4 because it's such a powerful ability. They may not be bringing her to her full potential but they get away with it.

Point taken. It is quite useful.

Are you kidding? Nova literally turns every mission she's in into a complete joke with the slow ability.

I mean that you have to actively kill enemies with Nova, at least other players have a chance at playing the game. Excalibur on the other hand, you don't even get to see the enemies before they die. Not talking about the use of only one power so much as the fact that there is no gameplay when playing with a radial javelin build excal on the team

Yeah but I still don't think that the current state of Excalibur excuses less severe problems such as Nova.

Try T4

Not everyone plays T4 missions exclusively. Playing the same missions, esp in the same void, gets rather boring. Many players still play in the star-chart for fun and when you have OP players ruining that fun for others then it becomes a problem.

Are you kidding? Nova literally turns every mission she's in into a complete joke with the slow ability.

When people turn it into a super slow it's even more annoying because enemies just kinda stop and you have to go hunt them down, especially annoying on defense. It makes the mission slower for no reason because you have other frames designed to CC without forcing your squad to hunt down stragglers every wave.

Damage and damage type aside, it is indeed just another press 4 to win ability now that hits enemies in a radius and that is pretty boring. Before it was "worse" in just pure number terms but it had its gimmick that made it different and more interesting.

They should be making other ults have their own gimmicks instead of making existing ones more bland.

Edited by Tokkobot

Yeah but I still don't think that the current state of Excalibur excuses less severe problems such as Nova.

This is true. Maybe I'm just more accustom to Nova being such a Damage dealer since that was her design to begin with. It's a bit odd seeing the supposed balanced beginner frame becoming a Ult spammer.

If DE would jsut change all those radial damage skill into frontal shockwave, explosion on cursor, projectile or limited target skills nullifiers would never have been introduced. BUT NO. Because noobs want to keep hitting stuff around them without using their nonexistent brains we got this now. And excal just has been adapted to the masses.