Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Reasons To Users Who's Threads Get Deleted.

Sarmon

I just recently posted a thread which was DELETED in under a minute.

The thread was in General Discussion and it was simply saying that DE should move their update days from wednesdays to thursdays due to the recent delays. I wasn't mad at the delays or even saying that they were a bad thing.

To me, this seemed like a reasonable thread.

Suddenly my thread is deleted without any given reason. No clue who deleted it or why. I'd at least like to know why. I don't really care who.

Edit: This thread is about the deletion of threads and not about moving update days. If my deleted thread goes back up, go discuss it there.

Edited by Sarmon

I don't understand why that topic would qualify for instant deletion (perhaps there were a ton of identical threads; did you check beforehand?). 

That said, there's not much point to moving the "update" days to Thursdays. Not every update will be delayed. If the "on-schedule" day is moved, then that just means that delays will start ending up on Fridays instead. Delays happen. Simply moving the official day on which things are expected isn't going to change that. Next thing you know, people will be saying "just move it to Friday," when delays start moving things to Friday with a degree of frequency.

Next thing you know, we're right back to having updates released on Fridays, when the whole reason they were moved to Wednesdays (if I recall correctly) was that gave DE a couple of days to respond to the immediately relevant bugs and fixes that each update mandates before the weekend. 

The reasons are stickied in the rules and guidelines forum.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/286054-community-rules-warning-points-20-code-of-conduct/

Note that the below quote is a partial quote from the linked post.

Please review the guidelines so you understand "infractions listed above" as well.

Forum Post Guidelines:
Due to the large volume of posts we receive every day, our mods have the right to delete posts and threads that:

- Have bad or misleading titles.
- Do not facilitate discussion.
- Are off topic.
- Contain any of the infractions listed above.

The best way to ensure your posts survive and thrive is to ensure your posts are clear and productive. If your post is deleted, please continue to participate in community discussions, but make sure you have adhered to the forum post guidelines.
Edited by VKhaun

1. Check the forum rules before posting. If your post violates one or more of the conditions, it may be removed.

2. Contact the moderator who removed your post. Moderators are often very busy trying to maintain the quality of the forums, and will not have time to give reasons for every decision they make when they remove a post. If you wish to know more, try contacting the moderator about your case.

I don't understand why that topic would qualify for instant deletion (perhaps there were a ton of identical threads; did you check beforehand?). 

That said, there's not much point to moving the "update" days to Thursdays. Not every update will be delayed. If the "on-schedule" day is moved, then that just means that delays will start ending up on Fridays instead. Delays happen. Simply moving the official day on which things are expected isn't going to change that. Next thing you know, people will be saying "just move it to Friday," when delays start moving things to Friday with a degree of frequency.

Next thing you know, we're right back to having updates released on Fridays, when the whole reason they were moved to Wednesdays (if I recall correctly) was that gave DE a couple of days to respond to the immediately relevant bugs and fixes that each update mandates before the weekend. 

Pretty much this. DE has always believed in getting new content into our hands the moment that it's finished. Unless this practice is compromised, and they instead sit on finished content, there will always be unexpected delays.

There were no identical threads. I checked before posting it.

I just wanted to see what people thought about my idea. That was it.

1. Check the forum rules before posting. If your post violates one or more of the conditions, it may be removed.

2. Contact the moderator who removed your post. Moderators are often very busy trying to maintain the quality of the forums, and will not have time to give reasons for every decision they make when they remove a post. If you wish to know more, try contacting the moderator about your case.

My thread didn't break any rules from the code of conduct.

I have no clue how to contact the moderator who removed my post because I wasn't given their name. My thread was just deleted and that was it.

thats like kids saying they will do the homework tomorrow. setting early deadlines (Wednesday) can cause DE to work THAT LITTLE BIT HARDER that is required to finish the content on time

I would say it was off-topic and not GD, also a bit rude, as you are implying that DE never meets their deadlines

EDIT: this is also Off-topic IMO, as it is just us talking and questioning about why a topic got deleted, not actual feedback

Edited by Adaptor-Face

I vote use common sense. If the thread has no constructive value, is flaming, or leads to flaming it gets closed. Pretty straight forward I think. If that fails then read to rules. I've gotten pretty heated on here and got involved in some pretty intense threads but ive never been deleted or even locked.