Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Breathing Life Into The Relays And Syndicates - Relay Converstations

Morec0

Alright, I love the Relays, I'm sad to see that we lost even one, I wish we could get them back somehow... But I'll give the Anti-Relayers one thing: these places ARE pretty lifeless. I mean, they're pretty, the skyboxes are gorgeous (though DE doesn't win points for that anymore - birds fly, Telltale writes good stories, DE makes beautiful skyboxes), but the NPCs sitting throughout it are pretty lifeless.

As a correction to this (aside from giving the NPCs names - WHEN DE???), I think we ought employ the same type of system that was used to have Vay Hek give his intercom speeches to us during the Balor attacks: no, not just those screen showing pictures with a speech, I'm talking about timed voice pieces in the Relay.

I'm going to use the Red Veil room as an example: we ALL know that they've got a Grineer latched down in the back of their room. Why? I think its an interrogation, but the answers could vary.

Regardless, I think there ought be a rotating selection of vocal effects on, maybe, a 15 minute timer.

Examples of what I would write for it:

“Tell us what we wish to know and this may come to an end.”

“You prolong your own torment through your silence.”

“Give us the information we seek and you shall no longer have to suffer.”

"If you continue your foolish obstinance,  we will not hesitate to feed you to these beasts."

Vocal Demonstration

Alright, so this is also just kinda me showing off my recreation of the Red Veil voice effect; I'd have tried to layer the quotes over a video of the room but I got no idea how to do that. The first line is a "control" line, the next three are the first three of the above lines.

Based on an observation I made in the New Loka room, I feel like there could be a little prayer-type thing that goes on between the four guys in the corners of their pool:

(Back Left) "Just as the seed sleeps beneath the surface, so too did we hide from our enemies."

(Front Left) "Just as the seed matures within the earth, so too do we gather our power in secret."

(Front Right) "Just as the seed sprouts from the soil, so too will we reach towards our future."

(Back Right) "Just the seed becomes a mighty tree, so too shall we grow to greatness beyond measure."

There could be a handful for every room, but I'm hard pressed to figure out conversations that could happen in the others. If someone could translate the Perrin Sequence tablets for me I might be able to do something with those.

Hell, feel free to suggest your own ideas if you've got any.
Edited by Morec0

I'm going to use the Red Veil room as an example: we ALL know that they've got a Grineer latched down in the back of their room. Why? I think its an interrogation, but the answers could vary. Regardless, I think there ought be a rotating selection of vocal effects on, maybe, a 15 minute timer. Examples of what I would write for it:

Why does everyone think it's an interrogation? Maybe that Grineer unit is with the Steel Meds, and they're using this "captured" Grineer to trick/threaten/scare the Grineer army. Red Veil aren't ALL bad.

Why does everyone think it's an interrogation? Maybe that Grineer unit is with the Steel Meds, and they're using this "captured" Grineer to trick/threaten/scare the Grineer army. Red Veil aren't ALL bad.

Did I say the fact they were interrogating him was a BAD thing?

Sure. Hopefully when the Relays are complete this'll be a thing.

I'm still hoping that if the destroyed Relays DO make a comeback (somehow) they'll be recreated in a sort of "home turf" style, with the Syndicate aesthetic bleeding out into the main hall area depending on the planet the Relay is around.

Earth for New Loka

Pluto for Suda

Venus for Perrin Sequence

Eris for Red Veil

Saturn for Steel Meridian

and Europa for the Arbiters of Hexis

Mercury could retain the current "Tenno" aesthetic, since it'll be the first one the new players encounter.

Did I say the fact they were interrogating him was a BAD thing?

You did not, but you assume that this is aimed at you. No. Everyone who's ever seen that Grineer unit in Red Veil's "torture bed" instantly assumes it's torture. Maybe it's just a Steel Med, aiming to strike fear or something into the Grineer army.

You did not, but you assume that this is aimed at you. No. Everyone who's ever seen that Grineer unit in Red Veil's "torture bed" instantly assumes it's torture. Maybe it's just a Steel Med, aiming to strike fear or something into the Grineer army.

Touche'.

Wha?

We never needed 7 relays when anyone barely goes to the current 3.

no, stay gone.

^ people like that.

Sorry for using you as an example, DotBeta, but it seemed like the most prudent way to explain what I was talking about.

The thumbs-up button seems to be broken

It only let me click it once

Im all for ANYTHING that adds more Immersion into the Worlds and areas of Warframe. It'll make the game seem more Organic. I mean, enemy patrols have a little bit of chatter during stealth-mode (when they dont know you are there) but i'd like everything to be more talkative. Including intercom messages about routine stuff, and Vay Hek being Mr. Popular.

In my mind, the Relays would be like going to the mall. There is bustle and conversations and people moving throughout the whole thing. All organic-like

I think we all know that it's actually a sex dungeon.

At least its better than that weird tantric sex orgy going on in the Arbiter room - all that sitting around and staring at one another until... okay, I'm getting off topic here...

Suffice to say: "There are multiple interpretations of WHAT could be going on in the back of the Veil room, what I give as examples are just what crossed my mind." Hell, I even forgot to make mention of the Infested, I'll be editing that in.

If just half good npc-s coming than the oblivion have then I will be happy. I am not sure why not tried to check other games before make npc-s.

Also not on the relay but on the dojos would be good a little more life with smarter no collide npcs.

I take an issue with NPCs in the Dojo, as I find the Dojo to be a place for "Your clan" and putting random NPCs in it would basically mean "it's your clan... and these generic looking guys".

But that's just me.

I beleive having faction leaders interract with their faction would be an excellent start. Not too sure how to do Cephilon Shodan Suda. Maybe have her comment on going-ons of all factions randomly.

1/5 of those comments may get broadcasted to the relay. Like for alerts like Lotus does.

Perrin Sequence

*In the Room, random NPC to leader*

Leader: Whats the status of cargo ship [random corpus number]

R-NPC: Sir, its still en route for corpus outpost on [random corpus node close to relay]

R-NPC: ...wait, its currently being diverted...

Leader: Where to?

R-NPC: ...Sir, its currently on course with our factories hidden on [Random Location]

Leader: The Tenno are extremely effecient. See to it they have access to our spare supplies.

Arbiters of Hexis

Random arbiters NPC calmly walks into the room to stand before the faction leader. In tow are 2 Rescue Targets.

NPC: *Deep Bow*

NPC: Grandmaster, I have brought forth two targets rescued by the Tenno.

Grandmaster: *nods*

NPC: They each with to join our Clan

Grandmaster: *waves NPC aside*

NPC: *Stands aside, two rescue targets step forward and Deep Bow*

Grandmaster: *addresses rescue targets* How can you help us, help the Tenno?

Target 1: I was Captured smuggling civilians from grineer space. I can help allies that are behind enemy lines escape.

Target 2: I was arrested for manufacturing weapons to sell to the tenno, i could continue to ply my trade if i had the tools.

Grandmaster: *nods* Take them to our base at [Random Node] have them complete the entry Trial

NPC: Yes, Grandmaster

Edited by ensignvidiot

Random NPC chatter

Concourse control: You are cleared to land

CC: please divert to Concorse [number]

CC: This is [Relay Name] Control, please maintain present course

CC: Please direct your cephalon to dock at [number]

Randomly, if no other line is currently playing:

CC: Welcome, Tenno

Gate Gaurds, these play based on what entrace to this section you came in from. Either Concourse to main hall (welcoming lines) or main hall to concourse (departing lines)

Gate Gaurds: Welcome to [Relay]

GG: Welcome, Tenno, enjoy your time at [Relay]

GG: Welcome, Baro K'teer is currently visiting this relay

GG1: Whoa, did you see the size of that blade?
GG2: yeah, ive seen a few Galantine/Scindo/Gram weilders before

GG2: I wish we got issued rifles like that

GG1: Control never would be able to afford handing out [MS 6 Rifle/Prime Rifle] to us all. That expensive/Rare tech.

GG2: never hurts to dream

*Randomly said when player has infested/mutalist weapon equipped*

GG1: I'd be scared to even touch something like that

GG2: Shouldnt that be in containment?

GG1: Is that alive?

*said randomly when a Saryn, Valkyr, Mirage, Ember

GG1: Wow...

GG2: Eyes front, soldier

GG1: What does she lo-

GG2: Dont finish that sentence

GG1: Man, what happened to her?

GG2: Noones ever said why all Valkyr's look like that

*Randomly said when Ash or Loki Enter*

GG2: Get a good look, this will likely be the only time you'll ever see that frame.

*randomly said when sprinting/parkouring though the area*

GG1: Whats the Rush?

GG2: is there trouble?

GG1: Are we under attack again?

GG2: Nah, he/she just wants to see Baro

*Any Base (non primed frame*

GG1: Whats that frame?

GG2: Its [X], I hear its pilots specialize in [Y]

Some Ideas:

1. Having different NPCs for different Relays. Let's say the New Loka boss like we know and hate love could be on the strata re- ooooh. uhm.

Jokes aside, different bosses and maybe different npcs would be nice.

2. random npc chatter. Like the corpus in Perrin talking about coffee, the one grineer in steel meridian talking in grineer to himself about gardening... stuff like that.

3. npcs acting. Just think about a red veil npc trying to sneak into the arbiters of hexis npc, only to get stopped by a laser gate, followed by the red veil npc fleeing and an arbiter looking for the sneaky bastard. Or Darvos walking around his store.

4. More named npcs.

5. Minigames. Space-Chess, for the sophisticated space ninja.

6. Random messages from the Lotus, or just commercials.

Yes I approve this. More dialog/monologue and more real interactions with their surroundings.

Something I would love to see are colonists and relay-personell acting in awe or afraid of the Tenno.

Even though Tenno have been around a while now, I doubt many still have got a good look at them.

Edited by arch111

Random NPC chatter

Concourse control: You are cleared to land

CC: please divert to Concorse [number]

CC: This is [Relay Name] Control, please maintain present course

CC: Please direct your cephalon to dock at [number]

Randomly, if no other line is currently playing:

CC: Welcome, Tenno

Gate Gaurds, these play based on what entrace to this section you came in from. Either Concourse to main hall (welcoming lines) or main hall to concourse (departing lines)

Gate Gaurds: Welcome to [Relay]

GG: Welcome, Tenno, enjoy your time at [Relay]

GG: Welcome, Baro K'teer is currently visiting this relay

GG1: Whoa, did you see the size of that blade?

GG2: yeah, ive seen a few Galantine/Scindo/Gram weilders before

GG2: I wish we got issued rifles like that

GG1: Control never would be able to afford handing out [MS 6 Rifle/Prime Rifle] to us all. That expensive/Rare tech.

GG2: never hurts to dream

*Randomly said when player has infested/mutalist weapon equipped*

GG1: I'd be scared to even touch something like that

GG2: Shouldnt that be in containment?

GG1: Is that alive?

*said randomly when a Saryn, Valkyr, Mirage, Ember

GG1: Wow...

GG2: Eyes front, soldier

GG1: What does she lo-

GG2: Dont finish that sentence

GG1: Man, what happened to her?

GG2: Noones ever said why all Valkyr's look like that

*Randomly said when Ash or Loki Enter*

GG2: Get a good look, this will likely be the only time you'll ever see that frame.

*randomly said when sprinting/parkouring though the area*

GG1: Whats the Rush?

GG2: is there trouble?

GG1: Are we under attack again?

GG2: Nah, he/she just wants to see Baro

*Any Base (non primed frame*

GG1: Whats that frame?

GG2: Its [X], I hear its pilots specialize in [Y]

Yes I approve this. More dialog/monologue and more real interactions with their surroundings.

Something I would love to see are colonists and relay-personell acting in awe or afraid of the Tenno.

Even though Tenno have been around a while now, I doubt many still have got a good look at them.

Included esing's post because it regards him too, at least to an extent.

I've got nothing personally against this context-sensitive idea of it, but when I look at it happening I see issues with multiple players moving through at a time that could trigger the "event" multiple times on top of one another or multiple events at once that drown each other out, making it more difficult to understand anything. And (though it's a more personal gripe, as I only ever go into the Relays as my Social Ash look) I feel a little put off by the idea of having to have a specific frame or weapon... though they are very little things...

The big issue is just if the coding would bug out or not and how badly that would turn out if it did. 

My intention with this is to have these short, brief, characterizing events that happen regularly enough that if you'll be able to stand around and experience them at least once, allowing anything they reveal to be experienced by all relatively easily.

There's nothing wrong with these, and if DE could manage them I'd love to see them, but I feel that the more likely way such a thing (and thus why I keep it so simple in this suggestion, in order to attract DE's attention in the hopes they'll consider it) is a base timer for singular bits or bits in rotation - again, like what happened with the "Tenno Bones..." monologues in the Relay.

My intention with this is to have these short, brief, characterizing events that happen regularly enough that if you'll be able to stand around and experience them at least once, allowing anything they reveal to be experienced by all relatively easily.

I see context-sensitive background comments as added immersion, as it shows that the environment is aware of the player.

THough having it, would take like... 30 generic, and 50 unique responses to really flesh it out.

I was thinking a lot of Skryim. In which, as you do quest and get things, guards would comment regularly. Now, early on... when you haven't done much, it was rather annoying to year the 30 gaurd lines get recycled over and over again, but only have like 5 things actually related to you.

Then, as you played you'd get things related to world events (that you influenced), your current title in whatever organization (anything from humorous, to awe-inspired, and downright fearful), your skills (stealthies, and theives would get pre-emptively scolded, crafters would get ask to make them stuff, spell casters/figthers/archers/heavy armor/2handers each got a line or two), and your equipment ("Wow, your sword is as black as midnight" "Elven? Nordic steel isnt good enough for you?").

It gave a sense that you and the environment where evolving. That you had progression in the game, and the game itself acknowledged it on several levels.

I'd think it be cool for like, once every 5 minutes, an NPC perks up about X warframe passing by. There'd be checks to make sure it wasnt a line said in the last hour or so to keep it nice and fresh.

But yeah, it'd be a prohibitive number of lines to say.... almost as much as every speaking line Lotus has.

I see context-sensitive background comments as added immersion, as it shows that the environment is aware of the player.

THough having it, would take like... 30 generic, and 50 unique responses to really flesh it out.

I was thinking a lot of Skryim. In which, as you do quest and get things, guards would comment regularly. Now, early on... when you haven't done much, it was rather annoying to year the 30 gaurd lines get recycled over and over again, but only have like 5 things actually related to you.

Then, as you played you'd get things related to world events (that you influenced), your current title in whatever organization (anything from humorous, to awe-inspired, and downright fearful), your skills (stealthies, and theives would get pre-emptively scolded, crafters would get ask to make them stuff, spell casters/figthers/archers/heavy armor/2handers each got a line or two), and your equipment ("Wow, your sword is as black as midnight" "Elven? Nordic steel isnt good enough for you?").

It gave a sense that you and the environment where evolving. That you had progression in the game, and the game itself acknowledged it on several levels.

I'd think it be cool for like, once every 5 minutes, an NPC perks up about X warframe passing by. There'd be checks to make sure it wasnt a line said in the last hour or so to keep it nice and fresh.

But yeah, it'd be a prohibitive number of lines to say.... almost as much as every speaking line Lotus has.

And I do LOVE that kind of idea, I love it in Skyrim (one of my favorite bits was something about my Ebony Armor which I can't seem to trigger again). But the main point I wished to get across was that kind of thing works in one-player settings, because there's only one guy running around with one set of currently equipped stuff for the game's program to lock onto and read for the program to run the response.

My worry is that, with multiple players running around with multiple different sets to trigger multiple different responses, the program will be glitch out and you'll have three things being said at once, with NONE of them audible over one another - or other such issues.

I see the points.

One way around this is to have NPC:s saying and doing things regardless of player proximity.

As in when the game triggers a player in the area the conversation is active, no matter if there are 1 oe 15 tenno in the room.

Or two guys carrying equipment saying how some Tenno give them the creeps.

There could be a handful for every room, but I'm hard pressed to figure out conversations that could happen in the others. If someone could translate the Perrin Sequence tablets for me I might be able to do something with those.

Hell, feel free to suggest your own ideas if you've got any.

I'm on the Perrin Sequence thing, see if I can come up with something nice.