The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

For All The People About To Argue On The Alerts.

Advanced-

There is rarley a "right" side and a "wrong" side in any argument.

Both sides have their valid points just as much as both sides might have their invalid points.

Put yourself in the other persons shoes, see it from there eyes, then find some kind of base in the middle.

De will read the topics anyway...staying contstructive and unbiased will help improve the game more then trying to win some argument online because of someones ego or stubborness.

Alert system is random.

Alert system is time-based.

Everyone knows that and it's fine as long as they don't miss an alert with something they want.

Sometimes to catch an Alert depends on luck. You get it or you don't There is nothing in between.

Alert system is fine and does what it's designed for.

People tend to cry alot when cookie is gone.

People are happy when cookie is there.

I for one am happy that there are cookies at all.

Cheers

For all the people about to argue - come to the thread for constructive feedback I have made and post your opinions there

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37937-alert-system-constructive-feedback-megathread/

Including those that think the Alerts are fine as they are now, I don't think we have anyone with that point of view in the thread yet.

Alert system is random.

Everyone knows that and it's fine as long as they don't miss an alert with something they want.

Sometimes to catch an Alert depends on luck. You get it or you don't There is nothing in between.

Cheers

Well said. Im just glad we have alerts and a source of income (Creds) besides strictly farming missions.

I can only think of flaws with a system like this. It holds no benefit except for Digital Extremes. That is if you don't have all day to spend at the computer in hope of the item you want buy the product from us.

Alert system is random.

Cheers

well, i like to feel like i earned an item in a game instead of an impermanent random drop. When random drops are a factor in a game i like to know that no matter what the drop rate is consistent. Here, the drop is only for a 30 minute period.

well, i like to feel like i earned an item in a game instead of an impermanent random drop. When random drops are a factor in a game i like to know that no matter what the drop rate is consistent. Here, the drop is only for a 30 minute period.

And you were there when it happend. Maybe you waited.. you played just for one more hour because maybe an Alert will pop up with something you want. It's like a hunt.. you never know when the ultra rare pokemon will pop up out of the brush. And then BAM! you clicked the Alert.. maybe in a group full of stupid people. You suffer.. will the Mission succeed or fail? Is there time left to do the Alert a second time if it fails?

And then... you are at extraction and see your reward.

The Beauty.

The Glory!

You earned it!

And you were there when it happend. Maybe you waited.. you played just for one more hour because maybe an Alert will pop up with something you want. It's like a hunt.. you never know when the ultra rare pokemon will pop up out of the brush. And then BAM! you clicked the Alert.. maybe in a group full of stupid people. You suffer.. will the Mission succeed or fail? Is there time left to do the Alert a second time if it fails?

The Beauty.

The Glory!

You earned it!

All alert missions are extremely easy. I don't think I ever failed one.

Yes, I won't deny you're happy that you got the item but...you didn't have to work for it. It was just random. This is not "earning", this is receiving for free. And while you're happy, the alert is alienating everyone who happened to be away when it released.

All alert missions are extremely easy. I don't think I ever failed one.

Yes, I won't deny you're happy that you got the item but...you didn't have to work for it. It was just random. This is not "earning", this is receiving for free. And while you're happy, the alert is alienating everyone who happened to be away when it released.

Tell me how farming a BP for a Warframe is different from doing an Alert when you take into account that you have a drop chance for a BP but can do runs every 5 minutes VERY EASY instead of a guaranteed drop every couple of hours and even less when you have alot of items already from the Alert droplist.

I think your definition of "work for something" is very different to mine and it would be interesting to hear yours.

DE, please, please, PLEASE pull out something soon to pull us away from talking about the Glaive and the alert system.

I have problems with the situation too, even if I did get the bp, I think they need work, but seriously the game needs attention and attention getting things; moreso than... well whats happening/will be happening because of the alert today.

Alert system is random.

Cheers

Tell me how farming a BP for a Warframe is different from doing an Alert when you take into account that you have a drop chance for a BP but can do runs every 5 minutes VERY EASY instead of a guaranteed drop every couple of hours and even less when you have alot of items already from the Alert droplist.

I think your definition of "work for something" is very different to mine and it would be interesting to hear yours.

Sorry about copy pasting but I had already written about that in the feedback thread I linked earlier:

--

I do not see Alerts as a goal you have to work for, as it's just a matter of pure luck. Farming blueprints for a warframe you need is also focused on luck, but you have agency on the outcome: Making an effort, that is, doing more and more runs, increases your chances of obtaining the item, while doing nothing reduces these chances to 0. Obtaining an item this way or any other ways that require player agency and effort is more satisfying than simply being basically freely given the item because you were online at a certain hour, while not obtaining the item because you weren't trying or because you were unlucky with the drops is much less frustrating than realizing you (for example) went to have dinner for 40 minutes and missed that Alert you were looking for. Because this is what Alerts are: Being online when the Alert you need deems itself worthy to appear.

The most important thing here is the Goal: If you have agency in the process of obtaining an item you want, it becomes a goal. Goals are incentives to keep playing, and keep the game fresh.

Goals represent freshness, while having to wait for something that is beyond your control and depends only on dumb luck becomes stale. I feel like waiting for the right Alerts to pop up is the very essence of stale, as you know for sure playing more will do nothing to get you closer to those items you need, which would make the game more fun for you.

--

If you wish to debate about it maybe discussing in that thread would be nice.

Everyone is fine with the Alert system until it doesn't give them what they want.

You may feel like the current system doesn't let you "earn" your random rewards, but you sure as hell act like you are entitled to it.

A lot of words for what can be boiled down to "I didn't get the Glaive today"

Edited by Charismo

Everyone is fine with the Alert system until it doesn't give them what they want.

You may feel like the current system doesn't let you "earn" your random rewards, but you sure as hell act like you are entitled to it.

"Entitled" is a hollow word that you should stop using. It's simply feedback to improve the game, but this seems to sail over your head.

Oh and the best thing? I got the Glaive today, and I don't think I am missing any Alert items... Hahaha.

Amazing how you want to defeat a well thought out argument with only a couple of words and a strawman, and this strawman crumbles when it faces a mere breeze.

Edited by CaligoIllioneus

I'm a free player and i honestly would have liked much more to have gotten the Glaive after i went through a high-wave defense mission, or defeating a boss to get 3 parts for a blueprint.

From alert i don't know about you, but i just get no satisfaction honestly. When you earn something through challenges it's kinda like Dark Souls, if you keep playing you'll eventually get a good weapon and after you get it it's so rewarding. <3 Black Knight Greatsword.

With alerts it's just like ok so i got the BP, big effing deal. It's just there. I didn't have to work for it, i didn't do any challenge, i just had luck to be at the right place at the right time and just got it. It's just so... boring i guess?

I don't think people paid much attention to the Alert system and it's massive flaws until after all the hype and demand for the Glaive. I never paid much attention to it myself either. I thought the Potatoes were part of a P2W system and not in the Alert system at all. Now that I see that it is... I knida joined in on this Glaive bandwagon on how stupidly flawed this alert thing is.

Edited by BakaGamer

I don't think people paid much attention to the Alert system and it's massive flaws until after all the hype and demand for the Glaive. I never paid much attention to it myself either. I thought the Potatoes were part of a P2W system and not in the Alert system at all. Now that I see that it is... I knida joined in on this Glaive bandwagon on how stupidly flawed this alert thing is.

The only thing it dispensed were alt weapons and such, there hasn't been a first of it's kind item dropped into it yet, it's like banshee's parts can only be found in alerts as well

The only thing it dispensed were alt weapons and such, there hasn't been a first of it's kind item dropped into it yet, it's like banshee's parts can only be found in alerts as well

Wait... Banshee is an alert only item too? Tf? Wow... just wow...

This is the truth. When the hype train crashed over the weekend it kinda dragged the Alerts out into the spotlight for a bit.

People where really talking about it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Alerts but I'm still dissatisfied that they did pop a first of its kind into the Alerts. Not a soul really minds when all you honestly get from the Alerts are Weapon Variants and skins.

In fact - in my opinion - Alerts are a really awesome way to distribute interesting weapon variants and skins and such.

Like with many things - I neither love nor hate the Alerts system. I don't happen to feel like the system is very fun just yet - but I'm sure DE will improve upon it eventually, like with many things.

The Beauty.

The Glory!

You earned it!

I'm just watching twitter filtered by the word blueprint. Some days I don't even play. Just log in for daily rewards. I can say that's pretty boring.

I have received everything I want from alerts. I don't think  this system is fine. You take power away from the players.

I don't feel like I've earned anything in this game...No sense of accomplishment at all...