Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

I like the detailing on the Ent, but at the same time I feel the sharp, near-Infested look it would be the most out of place.

Armored has been done before, bearing similarities to a few female frames' arms such as Mirage and Banshee.

I do enjoy the sleeves on Belle though. Amusingly, I don't think we have any female frames that employ that look.

Pondering what it would come out like if you combined the upper arm of Ent and the lower arm of Belle...

Edited by Archwizard

I've always wanted some kind of plant-based/flora frame in this game, and your concept accomplishes that very well. I'll ruminate over the balance of her abilities later, but for now, I just wanted to say that her theme opens up new doors for both weapons and for potential lore.

A flora-themed update could introduce new organic, non-infested weaponry, for one. Perhaps a some kind of vine whip (Breath of Fire II's Spar character comes to mind), or a woody/fungal shotgun that fires off toxic spore clouds? The potential for visually-tantalizing new weapons is endless.

On that note, such an update could expand upon New Loka's history, their motivations, their goals, etc. Perhaps they'd have a hand in engineering this new frame, as per the lore given in the OP?

In any case, best of luck to you. I'd really love to see this fey frame make it to the live game.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

+1! shares her name with my mom and looks like something that she will like!

my little feedback to this is that the man eater plant of her 4th power had various heads, it would make it more useful as it would be able to chew groups of enemies at the time instead of only one, also I would look awesome that if it picked less enemies than the number of heads it have, to see the heads fighting and ripping apart the enemies.

Also, this warframe could mean an advancement for the game, as always, I guess DE will make an awesome and cool work with the effects and textures of her nature powers... and then, this work could be implemented in the forest tilesets and maybe to the infested too (probably recolored to match)(since they are organic stuff too) so I'll actually give you +2

Ah, I suppose I do have one question about Lignify/Barkskin. It's intended to soak hits for teammates, which could make it an awesome support tool. On one hand, 14 hits isn't going to absorb a whole lot of damage sources at higher levels. Especially against enemies like Grineer Lancers; 3 Hind bursts alone will take out a max strength Lignify. On the other hand, being a 1 ability, I can see it being abused for its cheap cost at lower levels, since this game doesn't have any kind of diminishing returns on repeated abilities as far as I'm aware. Iron Skin woes 2.0?

What if Lignify applied a mini-Snowglobe effect to Flora or her teammates? As in, the barkskin would have a couple seconds of invulnerability on activation. Any damage absorbed during this time is added to the player's health, armor, or some other defensive attribute at the end of the short invuln period (maybe 2 seconds or so). Or maybe at the end of this period, the player's armor/health/whatever would get buffed, and the Lignify would also "bloom," proccing a small HoT based on the amount of damage absorbed.

Then again, maybe a per-hit soak as listed in the OP is the best way to allow this ability to 'scale' in endgame scenarios, since enemies do so much damage after 40 minutes.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

+1! shares her name with my mom and looks like something that she will like!
my little feedback to this is that the man eater plant of her 4th power had various heads, it would make it more useful as it would be able to chew groups of enemies at the time instead of only one, also I would look awesome that if it picked less enemies than the number of heads it have, to see the heads fighting and ripping apart the enemies.

Also, this warframe could mean an advancement for the game, as always, I guess DE will make an awesome and cool work with the effects and textures of her nature powers... and then, this work could be implemented in the forest tilesets and maybe to the infested too (probably recolored to match)(since they are organic stuff too) so I'll actually give you +2

thanks! im glad you like it

Ah, I suppose I do have one question about Lignify/Barkskin. It's intended to soak hits for teammates, which could make it an awesome support tool. On one hand, 14 hits isn't going to absorb a whole lot of damage sources at higher levels. Especially against enemies like Grineer Lancers; 3 Hind bursts alone will take out a max strength Lignify. On the other hand, being a 1 ability, I can see it being abused for its cheap cost at lower levels, since this game doesn't have any kind of diminishing returns on repeated abilities as far as I'm aware. Iron Skin woes 2.0?

What if Lignify applied a mini-Snowglobe effect to Flora or her teammates? As in, the barkskin would have a couple seconds of invulnerability on activation. Any damage absorbed during this time is added to the player's health, armor, or some other defensive attribute at the end of the short invuln period (maybe 2 seconds or so). Or maybe at the end of this period, the player's armor/health/whatever would get buffed, and the Lignify would also "bloom," proccing a small HoT based on the amount of damage absorbed.

Then again, maybe a per-hit soak as listed in the OP is the best way to allow this ability to 'scale' in endgame scenarios, since enemies do so much damage after 40 minutes.

hmm i dont know if i would want a mini snow globe since that seems like it would kind of step on frosts toes.

as for lignify, how it works now was discussed in a previous post, read up here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/382627-flora-the-plant-warframe-art-includedarm-voting-now/page-4#entry4279269

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/382627-flora-the-plant-warframe-art-includedarm-voting-now/page-4#entry4282421

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/382627-flora-the-plant-warframe-art-includedarm-voting-now/page-4#entry4284081

I think I saw an entry in the Female Warframe submissions named Flora.

Is this your idea or just the same name?

If I recall, the description was extremely vague.

I saw it too. It was certainly similar, but what I gathered from the description was slightly different from this concept.

I see now the name Flora stayed in the sandbox, it is NOT in the actual submissionlist.

Wish it had been though, but thats life.

EDIT: I mean this actual concept, not a similar one, to be clear.

Edited by arch111

I see now the name Flora stayed in the sandbox, it is NOT in the actual submissionlist.

Wish it had been though, but thats life.

EDIT: I mean this actual concept, not a similar one, to be clear.

yea, im not in design council and i am not able to get in so i dont know if flora will be able to get in. though if the rules allowed it i would give permission to have someone else submit it in my place.

GG, MrPigMan, definitely deserves kudos!

Have you taken into thought about weapon concepts that suit the theme of Flora? 

i have considered it, but have not done much more than consider it. one idea i had was a thorn launcher lol!

i have considered it, but have not done much more than consider it. one idea i had was a thorn launcher lol!

lol my brain went a similar but very diffrent direction.. i was thinking logs.. like full on tree trunks like a hrpoon launcer in BioShock 2?

1 shot instant kill pins enenimes to the wall XD or what i like to call the bow/boltor effect

lol my brain went a similar but very diffrent direction.. i was thinking logs.. like full on tree trunks like a hrpoon launcer in BioShock 2?

1 shot instant kill pins enenimes to the wall XD or what i like to call the bow/boltor effect

lol

maybe a splinter shotgun? 

i actually have a pretty neat idea for a gun to go with her but i will post it with more details at a later date :P