Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Archwing Events - Assassins In Space?

Luminna

Like some of you guys, I've already been through hundreds of various missions and managed to collect all the weapons and archwings, I understand DE making it a necessity to increase grinds by not making drops equal chance so some may end up purchasing with platinum instead, so I'm not here to suggest that drop rates be more balanced so a majority of people can complete each weapon in less than 10 runs or so. I'm making this suggestion because... Archwing missions are way too linear IMO.

To me, the most enjoyable mission is actually Caelus, just because you have your hands full trying to ward off the seemingly endless mix of space segways, big mining robots and whatnot and still managing to keep the towers under your control. Erpo? Far less mobs especially at earlier waves so you're mostly asleep waiting for more to come. The exterminate and sabotage missions however... Are literally the same thing going through the same tile over and over again, racing to the end and killing things in your way.

Looking at how land-based missions have chance of death mark assassins (and now syndicate kill squads too), why not apply them to archwing missions also? To me random events could alleviate the boredom of grinding (even a little) if you're trying to get particular weapons and then all of a sudden, your screen flashes.

How will this work? Well... Corpus issues jetpack to their crewman, so if the Corpus could do it, so could the Grineer, right? For example, have Vay Hek sending G3 out wearing jetpacks and maybe equipped with even more powerful weapons, and maybe upgrade them to archwing when Grineer finally manage to come up with their own versions?

It would not just be funny watching them trying to hunt you down with relatively inferior equipments, but also make it so that you are never safe as long as you have the corresponding death marks (except during assassination missions, unless it's actually possible for them to show up there too...). More importantly, their chance of showing up is slim to none anyway, gives players slightly more incentive to do archwing knowing they also have a chance to hunt for brakk/detron parts and stalker weapons even in space...

Stalker is apparently getting an Archwing of his own according to DE. 

As for the G3 and Harvester, I have no idea how that would work.

That's the issue I'm seeing too. I suppose that Draegens could could work for them, but for Harvester... No idea. Seems to me you'd need brand new Assassins of... some kind.

That's the issue I'm seeing too. I suppose that Draegens could could work for them, but for Harvester... No idea. Seems to me you'd need brand new Assassins of... some kind.

its a robot dog.....can't there be thrusters added to it? doesn't seem that hard. i mean how can they have giant ospreys and crewmen floating in space?

its a robot dog.....can't there be thrusters added to it? doesn't seem that hard. i mean how can they have giant ospreys and crewmen floating in space?

Ospreys designed to fly, crewmen have jetpacks. There's just something about seeing Zanuka fly around that seems weird to me.

Maybe they could just add an effect behind the giant grey things on his front shoulders and say they have a secondary use as thrusters in space flight.

i could imagine the G3 using the space segways tho, im fine with that, although they will probably get humiliated for using those

G3 on those dargyns might look a little funny if they didn't have ones specifically made for them. Like a bear riding a tiny bicycle.

Stalker is apparently getting an Archwing of his own according to DE.

Stalker with his own archwing huh, wonder what powers he gets to use now?

Edited by Brontolith

Do lots of people actually play archwing? I don't, it's cool and all but I really dislike it...it's terribly boring and unrewarding for time spent.

Not to mention I really don't want to blow more plat; already spent enough on the ground game.

Do lots of people actually play archwing? I don't, it's cool and all but I really dislike it...it's terribly boring and unrewarding for time spent.

Not to mention I really don't want to blow more plat; already spent enough on the ground game.

a good number of people like archwing. its just bland atm. they still need to add grineer sabotage permanently. we still need archwing assassination. we might get defense. there might even be unique mission types just for archwing. it has alot of potential but people look down on it cause its different. alot of those people weren't around during closed beta when the game was truly bland. same tileset for EVERY mission, lack of variety in weapons, tedious frame farming process, bosses were just resized, recolored grunts, etc

Having the assassins in space might annoy some players especially if they do the same things they do on the ground. The only thing worse than to be a player who gets jumped by the G3 and have to spend resources on the bolt release would be if said release not only was slapped onto your Archwing, but also your warframe.

Having Harvester chase you down in space sounds cool, but how would that tie into getting caught and having to escape? Would you have to find all your Archwing gear in order to escape? What about if the map was open to the point that you could get pinned down and can't escape?

Finally, would Stalker have his dispel and other abilities in space? If so, then that would really annoy plenty of folks who can't find him spawning in on the map and taking him out before he deploys. I know Stalker is to put us on our toes, but flying and gunning is not as easy as the run and gun on the ground.

Having the assassins in space might annoy some players especially if they do the same things they do on the ground. The only thing worse than to be a player who gets jumped by the G3 and have to spend resources on the bolt release would be if said release not only was slapped onto your Archwing, but also your warframe.

Having Harvester chase you down in space sounds cool, but how would that tie into getting caught and having to escape? Would you have to find all your Archwing gear in order to escape? What about if the map was open to the point that you could get pinned down and can't escape?

Finally, would Stalker have his dispel and other abilities in space? If so, then that would really annoy plenty of folks who can't find him spawning in on the map and taking him out before he deploys. I know Stalker is to put us on our toes, but flying and gunning is not as easy as the run and gun on the ground.

i assume he will still have his dispel ability. i also assume he will have blink, quite possibly another unique ability to help him troll us in space.