The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Think We'll Get To The Stage Where De Start Doing Something Else Other Than Prime Items?

Innocent_Flower

So, I've built every prime weapon in the game (bar bronco, because I disliked the original, and vasto, because it's so-so and I'm waiting for it's ak. Also hoping the cell cost will go down to 7 so that it's a reasonable 15 for the complete pair.) and all the prime frames but excalibro and Nova (because her parts just sell so well at the moment, and I don't see much of a visual improvement) 

Anyhow, My dislike for the void aside (i've burnt it out, but devstream 44 did mention they might move the locations) I'm wondering if DE will stop priming items and doing something else... Like dex or dragon, for their lategame versions.There are a lot of parts to grind for and I'm guessing at some point even DE might think they've done a bit much. 

At present there's 14 frames that haven't been primed, and I would calculate that we'd get... at least three unique more frames. Probably less than six (we could get more, but they just wouldn't be very unique. I suppose DE could stretch it out so that we get an almost-Dota like list at some sacrifice of quality but...)  Some frames (such as valkyr) were never from the orokin era, and this applies to some distinct tenno weapons too (Karyst, nikana, pangolin...You could go ahead and suggest some weapons are 'too ninja' for the orokin too. Like the kama)

So, if we look at weapons that have been primed, there's one for each melee category (missing a few categories) one for each pistol category (if you think the vasto and lex are different enough) and a fair attempt of spread in primary weapons (Not counting the two doomsday weapons three asaultrifles that I'm sure are different enough from one another to be considered different. I mean you've got the status one. The instant-crit death one. and the instant damage-death one) If we assume that DE want to cover the widest amount of ground with prime:

Left you've got

- A hammer weapon. The fragor or magistar

- A dual weapon. Zoren, Dual ether or skana

- A machete. Nami or Kama (or something new. Both are bad options)

- A single dagger. (very likely the ceramic, since up till now prime hasn't touched elemental weapons)

- A secondary automatic. The Furis, The akstiletto and the akzani. 

- Possibly a sniper (Sadly vectis currently being the only option)

- Possibly a slower firing shotgun (strun/tigris)

- Sentinels. 

That's a good three prime packs. Now we're all under the assumption that Trinity, Volt, Ash, Probably banshee and maybe saryn will get Primes at some point. (the first three are popular. Trinity is credit to team, Volt is the only starter frame without prime and also many players love speed. Ash is 'ninja' if you're into that. But Banshee and saryn, though cool, aren't played too much, and could get skipped or delayed for something more new and popular like nekky or valkyr or even vauban)

A lot of frames might not just suit prime. Be it for lore (valkyr, maybe limbo) or for gameplay reasons (the efforts to obtain vauban, The Malicious grind of Mesa) or maybe just economic reasons (would you buy prime access for Hydroid? He'd look awesome, but Hydroid?. Maybe he might be good for upcoming raids, but I don't see him as being the most profitable Prime access.) 

Will we eventually change to something else. Be it:

Dragon: Tenno putting their finest materials and craftsmen together in order to improve a weapon to a level or perfection rivaling the Orokin primes. Weapons are Created by destroying the original and rebuilding it with more high quality materials. Frames are created through purchased blueprints.  Each part requiring many rare materials, and the final blueprint requiring not just an extra cell with the built parts, but the original frame. (Preferably if you use a potato'd frame the potato will carry over, but maybe not). As an added bonus to the superior quality, like the dragon nikana, Dragon weapons offer more colouring options through the use of the attachments tab. 

Dex; Blueprints are recieved through high level quests from the lotus available at a certain rank, or through passing certain milestones of individual achievment.    Their unique feature is that they look like toys often have customisable iridescent colouring. 

Stalker: The original stalker weapons are awesome (except the scythe. I hate that one.) They're excellent and pretty equal to their prime counterparts. Perhaps at some point, the stalker changes his loadout, or gets groupies (with different loadouts and different edgy names like 'Interloper' or 'stranger' or 'predator' )

Unique feature is particle effects, and grimdark names of edgyness that a twelve year old will love. (Anger,Rage,Envy,Malevolence,Loath, Spite,pain, suffering.  But i think i'd prefer names like 'ill will' or 'unhappyness')

As long as people are paying for prime access T4 rotations C will be stuffed with more and more pieces. But I can't get rid of feeling last prime access didn't earn as much money as expected and that's why prime part is no longer guaranteed on C.

Some frames (such as valkyr) were never from the orokin era, 

Not true. Valkyr was only modified by the Corpus - meaning she must have had an original Orokin version to be modified in the first place. 

On topic: I think this is a pretty good idea, but this shouldn't come at the sacrifice of Primes. Every Tenno weapon technically does have a Prime (as it's all based on Orokin tech), so I think they should keep doing Prime Access until this game comes out of beta (i.e. never). 

I'd definitely want to see Akstiletto Prime in the the next Prime Access though. They haven't yet primed any dual automatic secondaries, and the weapon type needs some love. We already have another version of the Furis (Dex), and the AkZani aren't cool enough/are nowhere near as old. 

Edited by Jahadaya

Not tryna turn this into a lore thread, but there's no reason Valkyr can't be from the Orokin era. 

She doesn't need to be from the Orokin era. Orokin tech can be molded and applied to virtually anything. Hence, we have the Seer.

A Primed frame doesn't necessarily mean it's ancient in origin (see the uproar surrounding Nova Prime), it could be a frame that's been modified by Orokin tech.

Edited by Un1337ninj4

She doesn't need to be from the Orokin era. Orokin tech can be molded and applied to virtually anything. Hence, we have the Seer.

A Primed frame doesn't necessarily mean it's ancient in origin (see the uproar surrounding Nova Prime), it could be a frame that's been modified by Orokin tech.

There hasn't been a frame to date who's Primed version was not Orokin. Including Nova. Her having a Prime didn't break the lore either. All it did was break people's false assumptions about Nova's creation. 

A Primed version DOES mean it's ancient in origin. That's the entire premise behind Primed frames. They're completely 100% ancient Orokin tech. 

Not sure if I misread something, but we already have a prime sentinel.

Not true. Valkyr was only modified by the Corpus - meaning she must have had an original Orokin version to be modified in the first place. 

On topic: I think this is a pretty good idea, but this shouldn't come at the sacrifice of Primes. Every Tenno weapon technically does have a Prime (as it's all based on Orokin tech), so I think they should keep doing Prime Access until this game comes out of beta (i.e. never). 

I'd definitely want to see Akstiletto Prime in the the next Prime Access though. They haven't yet primed any dual automatic secondaries, and the weapon type needs some love. We already have another version of the Furis (Dex), and the AkZani aren't cool enough/are nowhere near as old. 

Point taken on valkyr. 

Every tenno weapon? Even the ones explicitly stated to be from tenno origins. There's a difference between tenno and Orokin visuals, So wouldn't there also be a difference between Tenno and Orokin weapon sensibilities? 

Now with machine pistols, I was split between the idea of furis and Stiletto primes. (akzani isn't as cool, agreed, and I don't like em much).

-Furis looks excellent. Dex furis looks like a toy and was available only once. Imagine the sexyness of a prime akfuris.. *druels*

- As for the Akstiletto; The originals look like toys. A prime version would look smexy, Their looks are stranger and deviant in comparison to the Furis though. There's so few prime impact weapons though, so that's a point in it's favour. 

Every tenno weapon? Even the ones explicitly stated to be from tenno origins. There's a difference between tenno and Orokin visuals, So wouldn't there also be a difference between Tenno and Orokin weapon sensibilities? 

Now with machine pistols, I was split between the idea of furis and Stiletto primes. (akzani isn't as cool, agreed, and I don't like em much).

-Furis looks excellent. Dex furis looks like a toy and was available only once. Imagine the sexyness of a prime akfuris.. *druels*

- As for the Akstiletto; The originals look like toys. A prime version would look smexy, Their looks are stranger and deviant in comparison to the Furis though. There's so few prime impact weapons though, so that's a point in it's favour. 

Oh, I didn't know there were any weapons explicitly from Tenno origin besides the Nikana. my bad. 

For me the AkStilettos are baby Somas (just like aboltos are baby boltors), and we just get a sexy azz Soma Prime, so I can only imagine how amazing the AkStiletto Primes would look. Also, we can't forget that DE likes to prime single pistols over their dual counterparts first. We still don't have Aklex Prime, and we just got a Vasto Prime over the AkVasto Prime. Since there isn't a single Stiletto, if DE primed it it would have to be Akstiletto prime. But if they primed the Furis we would just get a single Furis Prime. 

Finally, somebody who gets it.

There hasn't been a frame to date who's Primed version was not Orokin. Including Nova. Her having a Prime didn't break the lore either. All it did was break people's false assumptions about Nova's creation. 

A Primed version DOES mean it's ancient in origin. That's the entire premise behind Primed frames. They're completely 100% ancient Orokin tech.

Not true. Primed does mean just made of Orokin materials. Edited by WingedCrusade