Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream 44 Overview

DE_Adam

Apparently devs can't pause pushing new content live, and stomp bugs and such for a little while

BECAUSE EVERYONE WILL LEAVE THE GAME OH MY GOD NO NEW GUNS

Well, that's true. No new content can be detrimental to everyone involved. Without new content, after a while, people will lose interest in the game, and that's financially bad news for Digital Extremes. I, for one, don't care for Tenno Reinforcements either way.

Anyways, it's about time that bug fixing and bringing old things up-to-date takes the forefront, though. But still, I mean, you can't have bug fixes without new content. An artist isn't going to know how to fix code and stuff, but they can whip up a really cool Infested monster just fine, though.

Well, that's true. No new content can be detrimental to everyone involved. Without new content, after a while, people will lose interest in the game, and that's financially bad news for Digital Extremes. I, for one, don't care for Tenno Reinforcements either way.

Anyways, it's about time that bug fixing and bringing old things up-to-date takes the forefront, though. But still, I mean, you can't have bug fixes without new content. An artist isn't going to know how to fix code and stuff, but they can whip up a really cool Infested monster just fine, though.

We don't get larger updates all that often, I think a 1 month timeframe bug squashing is perfectly fine for a f2p game.

League for example only gets large updates every month, maybe even further away, nobody leaves that game.

A gun or two doesn't add longevity to the game, if anyone is only here because of guns, I feel sorry for them.

We don't get larger updates all that often, I think a 1 month timeframe bug squashing is perfectly fine for a f2p game.

League for example only gets large updates every month, maybe even further away, nobody leaves that game.

A gun or two doesn't add longevity to the game, if anyone is only here because of guns, I feel sorry for them.

I knew you were referring to Tenno Reinforcements (which is why I said I don't care for them one way or the other), but I was talking about huge content updates (U9, U10, U11, U11.5, et cetera). Besides, those big updates usually come every two to four months or something like that. All updates address bugs in some way or another.

I, personally, would pay to play a game that is more balanced, more stable, et cetera. I agree that it takes more than new content to keep revenue coming (but I do think that that is probably a pretty big portion of it; think Prime Access, for example).

hmmmmm..some of it seems rather silly. I really don't care about obstacle course improvements?

I want to play the game, not run some useless obstacle course..Improve the loot..improve the drop tables. Give us our Syndicate keys back at a decent price. add more to the game please.

Edited by RAFFIFAR

I knew you were referring to Tenno Reinforcements (which is why I said I don't care for them one way or the other), but I was talking about huge content updates (U9, U10, U11, U11.5, et cetera). Besides, those big updates usually come every two to four months or something like that. All updates address bugs in some way or another.

I, personally, would pay to play a game that is more balanced, more stable, et cetera. I agree that it takes more than new content to keep revenue coming (but I do think that that is probably a pretty big portion of it; think Prime Access, for example).

I've already paid to play it and it's because they keep adding to the game..I'm certainly not paying for them taking away things that I enjoy which is what they've been doing lately.

Edited by RAFFIFAR

i know this will come up !

people dont get the ingame-cash-bonus when they cant reach the finish because of some idiot-noob-looser-players which arent able to play in a team, means there are a lot of people which cant wait for the whole team !

hey devs, im pleased you remove that, the loss of ingamecash can go higher as you think and i really cant understand why this death-penalty_on_bonusses happened

there should be a voting about !

or you send out a mail with a warning to all players that even the analphabets cant say "we didnt know" =))

thx for understanding, and, its very important that ALL players learn about !!!! =)

Edited by some_tenno

This all sounds really cool!!

I am looking forward to all the changes to come and also

coming back to some established features to revamp them.

One big thing I am missing in all the points mentioned is the chat system as a whole.

Please please add it to your list of things to take care of and to make better.

Things like custom tabs, detachable tabs, custom colors etc etc would be really great.

Also an option to keep a transparent chat window visible at all time (no fading out)

would be great so that I can choose to keep a chat window open during play.

Sometimes I would like to follow a conversation or what is going on in alliance/guild chat

also during a mission without pressing 't' all the time.

There are some MMOs out there that have great chat systems, maybe you can get some ideas there

no need to reinvent the wheel completely.

All these new things sound pretty cool. HOWEVER, question: If you DO have an account migration between the platforms, will we keep the platinum we have on the platform we migrate to? Last time you did overwrite progress on that platform, as you warned. Say if I were to migrate progress from pc to ps4 will I still have the 80 Platinum I have on PS4? 

Hey guys, just an Idea regarding the "rebalancing of mods"  I think in all honesty, all you need to do is add a set of 120% impact damage mods, and then make all those additional event exclusive 120% extra Slash and extra puncture damage mods available as rare in game enemy drops, perhaps some new bosses or enemy variant could drop them, just make them all rare mods. without them and serration the later levels would be insane, though I play mostly solo. Perhaps if you guys do decide to change serration, maybe just make it's maximum 150% rather than 165%.

hmmmmm..some of it seems rather silly. I really don't care about obstacle course improvements?

I want to play the game, not run some useless obstacle course..Improve the loot..improve the drop tables. Give us our Syndicate keys back at a decent price. add more to the game please.

This kind of thinking recurs a lot in game dev discussion "I don't care about this therefore it isn't important", however to some players of the game improving the obstacle course could lead to hours of increased enjoyment of the game while loot tables might not affect them as much.

There are lots of people playing the game, some of them like different parts of it in different measure and I trust DE as a business to make decisions where they think they can get the most value and I trust them as artists to make the game that they want to make even if it isn't 100% business efficient.

My own clan regularly compete with each other to get the best obstacle course times, before the addition of proper leader-boards we kept track of our own split by base warframe speed and a leader-board for Zephyr.

While not a huge part of the game it does add a bit of variety to the game which helps to break up what can sometimes feel like a repetitive grind to some players. That variety is what retains players as if they get bored of one aspect they can spend time in other areas.

Very exciting news, and very much looking forward to 2015. This is one game I continually come back to - even though I went on vacation and came home to find that my perfect Lotus-faced Kubrow had died. How about an auto-stasis feature rather than death? Also, how close are y'all to bridging the gap between PC and console updates?