Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Indirect Grindwall?

sekushiiandee

New players shouldn't have access to this content then. It is grindwall and hella fun one. With new gun my dream weapon system came true: direct upgrades to current weapons. For example you have generic lato pistol from the beggining of the game. Then, when you rank it to lvl N, u getting access to upgrade to heavy pistol, full auto pistol, bolt pistol and so on. You level up new weapon to certain point and another upgrade to better version, and then theres akimbo and sh1t. Because i play alot of flash games, which use this system, because of its simplicity. Direct upgrades is the best thing ever. And skill trees is also cool. Why nova isn't nerfed yet? After prime access ends maybe?

Would be worse.

Liset could have a grinder.

Toss in old complete weapons for parts that didn't exist before at random.

Like Hind Barrels and Zoren blades.

Then new blueprints that take parts from three different weapons.

MUAHAHAH!

Edited by Firetempest

Well, DE have increased the grindyness of WF by a lot. New Primes require more and more grind. As do new Warframes.

"Oh, you thought farming Hydroid was hard! Farm Mesa, you 'aint seen nothing yet!"

Personally, Mesa grind wasn't as bad. It was more luck/timing wall, than the standard grind wall. Sure, it might take a little more time for you to get but you actually end up spending less time doing those missions. 3 sets of invasions to build a key (9 total) compared to Vay Hek beacon farming where you repeat the same missions over and over, in hopes of getting the beacons. So if I had to choose between a RNG and a wait/timing wall, I would choose the latter almost every time. 

It's not unbelievably hard, or even time consuming, to farm an easy-to-access boss, like Vor + Kril. (No keys required!)

Besides, it's not like you NEED that weapon, if the Miter doesn't appeal to you, the Panthera won't either. I don't see the problem.

I wasnt a fan of miter but i love this thing :D

YsGBeMy.jpg

It's not unbelievably hard, or even time consuming, to farm an easy-to-access boss, like Vor + Kril. (No keys required!)

Besides, it's not like you NEED that weapon, if the Miter doesn't appeal to you, the Panthera won't either. I don't see the problem.

it could take much more time then to get all nova parts. drop chance seems to be very low

There are 3 dozen other weapons for them to pick from, not even counting clan tech.

Redeemer should have cost a Tigris not a Vasto imo.

^ i am thinking more in terms of resources....platinum for slots....etc?

if the weapon is appealing to them....it will require them to farm as well as obtain plat

^ this is a scary idea...but i feel like it is possible now that we are experimenting with regular weapons

Imagine something requiring hydroid/vauban/mesa XD. DE gonna cash in on plat purchases haaaard when that time comes.

Edited by kiteohatto

I like the idea of trying out the component weapons and then fusing them into a different weapon if I get tired of them.  However, it's really hard to get a feel for whether a weapon will be good or not without potatoing it, and there's no way I'm going to destroy two potatoed weapons to make a third unpotated weapon.  I'd like this idea a lot more if using, say, a potated Miter resulted in a potated Panthera.  

Im sorry but i dont like this, first it dont make sense making other weapons than dismantle them to make a new weapon, like holding 2 guns take u 12 hours to learn its stupid and $&*&*#(%& , its been the third day since panthera came out right? i have 3 mitter blueprints,7 blades ,4 handles ,5 chassis and guess what no @(*()$ BARREL this is not fun this is what made me stop playing and giving money,now dat im back i had to buy limbo because of the stupid and boring archwing it would be cool if the enemies were more easily seen, and i had to buy Mesa because i have no @(*()$ ideia how to get mutalist and that is all. sorry im upset because of the $&*&*#(%& F*** called RNGOD

Edited by MrKage

what are we going to have next? do i have to build loki prime helm, mag prime helm, and nyx prime helm in order to create saryn prime helm?

^ it is far fetched but i would not be surprised if it occurred....

...more like Loki + Mag helmet for a chance of a Nyx helmet, but you may also get a Dakra Prime Handle.

Edited by cx-dave

Indirect grindwall? The hell?

I thought it was a blatant grindwall, maybe I'm just not with the times anymore...

^ if i could change the title over to blatant grindwall...i would love to lol but i cant xD

As long as this doesn't translate over to void stuff.

^ as much as i joke about it happening....i really hope it does not happen

i am sure they will come up with some great idea that requires vauban, and all clan tech warframes to only be craftable with their original components + 10k oxium + 100 o cells...etc.

Edited by sekushiiandee

So there seems to be two general issues people are primarily worried about. One being slots, and two being the extending of time to build. There is a third of the new weapon being weak but that is a balancing issue that will hopefully be handled in a hotfix or update shortly.

Topic one being slots. You start off with platinum and as long as you spend it on slots rather then cosmetics or gear on the trade then you wouldn't have the problem. Once you are out of slots to use then you can go into the viod to farm prime parts and bps to sell on the trade for more platinum. Then go buy more slots. Problem one solved.

Two being that it uses more time and grind. Well there are already a plethera of weapons already in the game that don't require a grind to build and are bought with credits on the market. Get those if you don't want to grind. De has to add content and they aren't just going to keep adding a bunch of the same stuff. Get off the high horse and use the stuff that is already proven effective. Leave the new stuff alone.

Edited by 92shea