Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Indirect Grindwall?

sekushiiandee

seems like more and more weapons are requiring other fully made weapons in order to build the newer weapon.   (more and more meaning....the recent handful....yes its not that many but it is making me wonder)

is it necessary? or is it a bit overboard?

it feels that it is a grind wall + a time wall in order to build new weapons

for veterans, this wont hurt us much...but for newer players...it feels a tad bit unfair imo

what are we going to have next? do i have to build loki prime helm, mag prime helm, and nyx prime helm in order to create saryn prime helm?

^ it is far fetched but i would not be surprised if it occurred....

discuss away...just wanted to bring up the point...nothing too serious here

Edited by sekushiiandee

Nah, I see this as geared towards new players more so than vets. F2P vets will have an issue with this. All my old gear I didnt like is in the garbage already, so I had to farm a new Miter (just BP luckily) and craft a new hikou. As a new player (if informed) can hold on to the old gear thats needed for new stuff and use it to upgrade when they get to it. Thats how I see it anyway.

Personally I am getting sick of using weapons to build others, but I AM a MR18 player so yee.

Edited by armedpoop

I see no problem with the combo weapons.

That's just me though.

2 individually decent weapons , one which is a legendary grind to acquire combine into a worse version of the mitter.

yay.....

If you combine weapons it needs to be BETTER than the regular ones you just trashed for it.

Otherwise the fks is the point.

I actually like it. It makes me craft weapons that otherwise wouldn't have built, give them a try before crafting them, and if I like them, I keep them and craft another one to craft the new weap.

However, after getting 7 Miter handles in a row, and no barrel, it's making me hate this new weapon

i thought this. This is DE "prolonging" the grind.  craft a weapon, to craft another weapon, wait 24 hours to use said weapon; said weapon is trash :/

at this point im beginning to question who is coming up with these god-awful idea for weapons...

at least it didnt come with a "D" polarity in its first slot, otherwise i would have been extremely pissed considering i cant even get a miter handle and the weapon is bad itself.

I don't think so. You will want to make and master the other stuff first anyway. There might be people stuck in the middle, or people who have made or sold them, but from the bottom up I think they make sense. Though they're specifics are a bit weird, like needing a Vasto which makes you craft three of them to make both Redeemer and AkVasto.

I like general idea, since it seems to be laying the framework for some sort of tiering/progression system amongst weapons, but it should be a logical upgrade (Latron -> Tiberon makes a lick of sense) and not just there for the sake of extending build times.

Basically my feels as well. I was perfectly down with how you sacrifice a nikana and some resources to make a dragon nikana, makes sense using the weaker version of the weapon to craft a more improved version of it. But as it is de is just using it as another wall for players obtaining weapons. 

It's a mindset I really don't appreciate to be perfectly honest, I don't know why DE thinks they need to continue adding more and more walls to the game when the community always protests against it. 

It's happening with frames (with the last four the walls for obtaining them have escalated one after another) and now its arrived for weapons as well, and if I'm being entirely honest I don't think this is going to be the end of it either. Just as we are seeing with newer frames and them being locked behind bigger and bigger grind walls, so will weapons. And not because they are stronger or superior to predecessors but merely because de likes it that way. 

Nah, I see this as geared towards new players more so than vets. F2P vets will have an issue with this. All my old gear I didnt like is in the garbage already, so I had to farm a new Miter (just BP luckily) and craft a new hikou. As a new player (if informed) can hold on to the old gear thats needed for new stuff and use it to upgrade when they get to it. Thats how I see it anyway.

I agree with this theory. It's the reason my one finished Bronco Prime sat in my Foundry for ages - I wanted to hold it there until I could make the second one, level one to max, then immediately form the AkBronco rather than letting it take up room. Same for every dual pistol weapon that was just "take 2 and pop a Cell between 'em."

Honestly, I like this concept. Makes older weapons have a bit more use besides just being mastery fodder (now they're mastery fodder for 2 separate things). Also, until they start using the stuff that was already obscene, it can be less of a grinding wall than the constant parade of weapons that needed Oxium and Argon (and for the cynical - future non-Archwing weapons that will need Tellurium).

Hikou was a fine weapon but we have the prime version for a while now .

And the miter always felt underpowered so i wouldn`t worry too much about it.

Max it and build afterwards if you hadn`t yet done so.

Edited by Makinar