Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Voiceboxes

Atreides.

-snip-

The vocal chords damaged by cryosleep is an interesting idea.

but thanks to the internet I associate the French with cowardice, (no offense, blame internet stereotypes)

So I'd like to not use the words 'Tenno' and 'French' in the same sentence

• 2 weeks later...

I believe DE has said they won't add voices to the Tenno, because they could never get the voice you expected them to have. It would also make it a Tenno killing tons of Grineer, rather than You killing tons of Grineer as a Tenno.

This is more of an excuse saying "cant work right now so we just wont do it." Im sorry but  the RPG silent protagonist excuse (yes it is one) only works on systems with the tech where it seems like the main character talking would be too much and in warframe where you can RUN ON FREAKING WALLS AND STUFF having minor voices for warframes isnt too much to ask. too many times ive been annoyed at RPG's giving that exscuse. IM NOT MUTE SO WHY WOULD IT IMMURSE ME TO PLAY AS A MUTE? >_> *twitch* Can you tell that "breaks the immersion" explanation has been beat to death for me? ;D no offense to you dude, but you stated a reason(excuse) not to do something thats been around as an excuse in RPG's since the dawn of gaming.

I believe DE has said they won't add voices to the Tenno, because they could never get the voice you expected them to have. It would also make it a Tenno killing tons of Grineer, rather than You killing tons of Grineer as a Tenno.

This is the perfect reasoning.

Well I have been playing this game from November till now and I heard Grineer bosses etc have voices, All except Warframes, Yeah I know ninjas are silent but still. Not in battle has anyone else though the Warframes should get voice boxes?

Tell me...why would an exo-suit built for war made out flesh/other resources have a voice? Warframes are frames. Just exo-armor. If you asked why the Tenno, the ones who don the warframes don't have voices, then it would make more sense.

The presence of a mouth doesn't always have to include a voice.

Wow. That's somewhat deep. I'm quoting that on my profile.

Edited by LazerSkink

warframes don't wear anything

Syandanas.

This is more of an excuse saying "cant work right now so we just wont do it." Im sorry but  the RPG silent protagonist excuse (yes it is one) only works on systems with the tech where it seems like the main character talking would be too much and in warframe where you can RUN ON FREAKING WALLS AND STUFF having minor voices for warframes isnt too much to ask. too many times ive been annoyed at RPG's giving that exscuse. IM NOT MUTE SO WHY WOULD IT IMMURSE ME TO PLAY AS A MUTE? >_> *twitch* Can you tell that "breaks the immersion" explanation has been beat to death for me? ;D no offense to you dude, but you stated a reason(excuse) not to do something thats been around as an excuse in RPG's since the dawn of gaming.

There's another point to be made for Warframe though: There is no point in the game that necessitates that the Tenno speak, therefore, not speaking doesn't break immersion at all, and also means that making them speak would give them substantially more specific character, which would lessen the idea of the character being you.