Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here's How We Remove Serration And (Attempt To) Balance The Game. Damage 2.5 (Designated Megathread)

Jahadaya

Sigh.... you can not... just give... every lvl 30 weapon.. a built in... 165% damage bonus....

LEVELING UP DMG CARDS IS PART OF THE PROGRESSION

Locking high dmg weapons behind mastery rank is a NO... MR = PLAT

So unless someone wants advocating a much longer 1-max lvl for weapons serration should probably stay

see, that's a somewhat valid concern (written extremely poorly, did you have to do it that way?) that someone would get from reading the opinions of others. Many players think that should serration be removed it should be tied to the weapon (it shouldn't, you wouldn't be able to scale down that damage for lower level planets,unless sliders were to be made, ) But now i suppose Leveling ALL the cards would be part of the progression.   

No one's forcing you have serration on your weapon, that's your choice. Sure, you'll be missing damage but still, that's your choice

Child logic. No one forces frontline soldiers to have hands, but it's much easier to go to war with hands. 

I vote for increase dmg % for only one reason, efficiency.

We have too many grind and RNG involved already, efficiency is a must,and I feel fun for overpowering enemy, not the other way around.

I got a daily routine of 24/7 data center support job which I can't really play much, so efficiency is what I vote, and increase secretion dmg% is the only option to me.

Other options include

- Asking for easymode. 

- getting the super-gun with a min-max of mods (min-max builds being more powerful than non-min-maxed builds, but not so much that players feeling like there's only that way to do things). You should have cores and credits remaining from the removal. 

- play starter planets. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Maybe there is is something I'm missing? If so please explain and also leave your thoughts below.

This is how it works. Seration should be removed because... Because i dont have max Seration and i'm a whiny little... So if i don't have it  no one will have. Same with weapons. I dont have this gun so you should definitely Nerf it;).

What about the Multishot or Vitality?

Please link to the said poll...

Also, should I try to sc-- sell my damage mods or we get refunds for the resources we put in them if they are removed?

And are the corrupted damage increase mods affected (Heavy Caliber, Spoiled Strike, Magnum Force)?

Edited by Separius

this topic is a joke! WHY Serration?WHY NOT Heavy Caliber??? is same amount of  DMG ! why not remove both and make a crazy Split Chamber hmm???

Better add 9th slot ,or even better 2 extra slots and but dont f#%k this up !

You think DE will read any of your great ideas ? they never reads forums since they never take in consideration what players think,THEY only take in consideration those ideas that benefits themselves!

This is how it works. Seration should be removed because... Because i dont have max Seration and i'm a whiny little... So if i don't have it  no one will have. Same with weapons. I dont have this gun so you should definitely Nerf it;).

What about the Multishot or Vitality?

This is what I believe the intension of the first serration topic comes out. Ohyeah

Radial javelins need a 90% nerf. Please DE nerf it

You think DE will read any of your great ideas ? they never reads forums since they never take in consideration what players think,THEY only take in consideration those ideas that benefits themselves!

So far from the truth it's both hilarious and sad that's what you believe.

Please link to the said poll...

Also, should I try to sc-- sell my damage mods or we get refunds for the resources we put in them if they are removed?

And are the corrupted damage increase mods affected (Heavy Caliber, Spoiled Strike, Magnum Force)?

Those are not 'essential' mods, but Bonus mods. They should remain unaffected. It would probably work like with the Ability Mods. You get back the Fusion Cores etc. you invested.

Edited by Institute-Marksman

Likely not a popular opinion, but the mod sets should strive to be more like the Archwing ones. With the exception of certain elemental combos being strictly better than the others (a consequence of ferrite being universal), no one mod is required. Leaving out Rubedo-Lined Barrel can be okay, as the elemental mods provide a bigger boost. The crit damage mod is still weak but there's weapons that it's viable on. Fire rate and Multishot compete for the same slot, with advantages and disadvantages to both.

Point being, damage mods being what they are, base damage mods are just the tip of the iceberg. Even if we leave elementals alone, most of the remaining mods are still tragically unbalanced. Multishot is way too strong, mods like Magnum Force and Hollow Point are just never positive, and utility mods such as Fast Hands or Reach have to be useful enough to justify a 30% drop in damage. We don't need Serration 2.0, we need Numbers 2.0.

Those are not 'essential' mods, but Bonus mods. They should remain unaffected. It would probably work like with the Ability Mods. You get back the Fusion Cores etc. you invested.

Ah okay thanks.

also i still require link to that poll the OP mentioned :(

Remove Serration?

Is it a variety change? No. Now you see many people with Boltor Prime, because it have a high DPS, but now without Serration? Soma Prime, or any other gun with high crit % will be heavily used, the weapon with a higher DPS will be the main one then, there WILL NOT be many guns variety, there will be ALWAYS a single one.

Its a faking weird to see developers in every faking game trying to balance game (and failing!) and trying to force people to use multiple weapons. Take this: There will be ALWAYS a single gun BETTER than the rest, and everybody will use it, ALWAYS, you can change the game as many times as you want, and this will happen again and again, the main weapon will change, the 1-weapon-domination WILL NOT. This happen in every game, and people will get frustated with that weird changes and will leave the game, you are warned.

So, why to remove serration? This will change NOTHING, I disagree.

Edited by ViSo36

Likely not a popular opinion, but the mod sets should strive to be more like the Archwing ones. 

Ah, Whilst I liked the weakened serration and multishot, i thought the 'elemental mods in space' aspect to be totally silly (and those modifiers are huge too) Archwing could have done with more utility mods. The +ammo capacity mod for example was actually good... but weapons already had large ammo pools so it still isn't needed. 

haha, no

Don't even start with that. Everyone knows it's not true. Go ahead, without serration you'll be dealing crap damage even on the star chart. With the way enemies scale up, you need it. Serration is not a choice, not outside of the starter planets.

Ok while agree serration etc need a look at/removal because they kill the modding system and contradict many other game mechanics, the notion that they are mandatory (you've probably seen me preaching this before) is, in my experience entirely false for most weapons. Literally, the only time I ever touch them is on the rare occasion I go for stupidly long endless (60+mins) missions in the void. Hek, I don't even touch them for non endless t4 voids or anything less then 40 mins.

If a grinlock can perform just fine all the way up to level 50-60 mobs, then serration is not as mandatory as everyone thinks.

Honestly I feel like the forums just parrot the "serration is mandatory" line without even having considered, let alone actually not using these mods. Some weapons require serration and junk, but most don't even for high level content. With the right elements you're golden.

At the very least, most weapons can make it through the start chart without these mods.

I've been aggressively avoiding serration for a majority of my time in WF and I rarely ever find it necessary. But then again, maybe thats because taking two shots to kill something instead of 1 is perfectly acceptable to me.

I'm not directing all of this specifically to you vaugahn. But I do genuinely feel that after testing it extensively with a variety of weapons my experience without serration has some value or something to consider.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

The only reason players dont want damage mods gone is because of the fusion core investment they made, which by the way, you would all get back if those mods were to be removed.

If a mod is required its not really a mod.

That's somewhat true in my case, but far from the whole story.

What I'm worried about losing is a persistent, significant  damage increase that can be applied to all guns way before they reach max level. THAT is what I invested in, and no amount of fusion cores can compensate for its loss. If it needs to change (and that's a big if) that persistence must be maintained. My problem is that the most commonly suggested solutions for damage scaling puts more weight on weapon levels, and that's the opposite of what I signed on for when I maxed Serration. Weapons come and go - changing with every Tenno reinforcement pack, but my ability to get a huge head start in weapon performance remains the same.

I'm not unsympathetic to people wanting changes to damage mods, I'm more against the proposed alternatives than in favor of the current arrangement. Basically, I'm saying "give me something to work with".

Aquiring and levelling mods is a fundamental part of this game and is probably one of the best indicators of progression. Being able to transfer this progression from gun to gun is also unique. You start to mess with this system and you start to mess with what makes Warframe Warframe.

Remember when you first get into the game and hear about mods like serration, hornet strike, split chamber etc? How much you want them for your weapons, how their acquisition drives you on in the game, gives you motivation?

just because some people have forgotten the thrill of first finding a rare(ish) mod and the sense of acheivement when you finally get to max it doesn't mean these mods should now be scrapped because you're now bored. Same goes for the people who can't be @$$ed to actually strive for their power increases and just want it handed to them by having the weapons damage increase while its strapped to their back on Sechura.

Edited by (PS4)obsidiancurse

Aquiring and levelling mods is a fundamental part of this game and is probably one of the best indicators of progression. Being able to transfer this progression from gun to gun is also unique. You start to mess with this system and you start to mess with what makes Warframe Warframe.

Remember when you first get into the game and hear about mods like serration, hornet strike, split chamber etc? How much you want them for your weapons, how their acquisition drives you on in the game, gives you motivation?

just because some people have forgotten the thrill of first finding a rare(ish) mod and the sense of acheivement when you finally get to max it doesn't mean these mods should now be scrapped because you're now bored. Same goes for the people who can't be @$$ed to actually strive for their power increases and just want it handed to them by having the weapons damage increase while its strapped to their back on Sechura.

You mean how I rolled my eyes when I realized that in order to get a gun to the damage level it was supposed to be at, I had to find and level a mod?  And upon finding that mod I found out that I had to dump every resource I had into it for far, FAR too long compared to the level I was at the time?  Yeah, I remember that.

I remember how I was over three hundred hours into the game before a split chamber finally dropped for me, and how I was far and way behind the curve without it, or how I burned myself out so hard grinding specifically for it that I quit for several months after finally getting the damned thing?  No, I remember it perfectly well.

All this to get the things that brought the weapon up to "normal".  It wasn't thrilling at all, it sucked.

It's not that I don't understand your point, either(and big congratulations to anyone that got that nice feeling from the mandatory mods, truly).  When Seeker finally dropped for me I was doing the mutalist survival event and proceeded to immediately extract, event rewards be damned.  I was stoked that I got this mod that wasn't an essential, must have just to make the mechanics work item, rather it was the quality of life mod that I really wanted, and there it was!

Which brings me into these topics in the first place.  Building my "base" was not exciting.  I've been a gamer for almost three decades(yes, I'm getting old), and for a majority of that time the "level grind" has been my least favorite part of the journey, a preparation for end game.  The acquisition and maxing of the "staple" mods is the equivalent of reaching max level in this game.  Not level 30, not any particular mission, and certainly not mastery rank.  Having those mods maxed is the point in which you now have freedom to min/max(or not, your choice), go where you want, do what you want.  It's the target location, and in my opinion it's both cumbersome and too far off.

And the way it's done means that the cost is diversity of choice.

My favorite Vasto(single Vasto, yes really) builld has a semi-ranked reload mod(not my main secondary, not full forma) on it because a .8 reload speed on the six shooter plays out really cool.  Would be even cooler if I could toss Seeker on it too and kill things.  In order to do this I'd have to relegate it to significantly lower level content because I'd have to give up too much of the damage stack.

Just imagine how cool it'd play out if we didn't have to sacrifice effectiveness to use stuff like that.

I have already posted that I have an idea where the OP is going with this . . . create a position where people will look to use a wider array of mods for different situations instead of relying on a handful of supermods.

I can see the advantages of this in gaming terms but I think the argument becomes a load of waffle as the end goal is already there.

This is one of my rig outs for the Boltor prime:

Serration, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber . . . these are just standard and take a lot of time and effort to max out.

Infected Clip, Malignant Force, Stormbringer, High Voltage, Rifle Ammo Mutation.

This makes a "Corrosive" biased rig. So as you can see, the idea of using 5 mods with the "standard" mods is already creating diversity as those 5 mods can be anything suitable for the type of mission you are going on . . . the big 3 just power up whatever we put with them.

Of course some will CHOOSE not to keep it this simple but let me remind you of something Lord Bryce once said: "a politicician starts using flowery language when he has nothing to say", meaning, a person looks to complicate an issue when they have no real point to make . . . good ideas are always simple and I suggest that how things are at the moment, understood and used correctly, need no real changing, maybe a tweak, but that's all.