Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Of Warframe's Greatest Youtubers, Calypso, Is Almost Done With Warframe :(

XxCurtennoxX

I'll just leave this here. https://warframe.com/community/fansites

In my opinion, when you rush content trying to get it out on day one, within hours of receiving the content, a lot of channels farm the affinity with boosters and efficient farming as quickly as possible, and then output a video (sometimes with multiforma already) on the weapon or frame, and give commentary by rote, based on the same ideas.

Why? Because they haven't had a chance to find any nuance to the weapon/frame, and are going off of community forum info, wiki info, and some commentary in the game with other players. They tend to pick out the negative aspects of the weapon/frame in what probably initially started as help for the player, so the player could tell if a weapon was worth getting or not. Unfortunately too much of that early on turned into influencing only using the most "OP" weapons/frames/mods/strategies, and left out a large portion of the community. This is actually fine, because it builds a variation of possibilities for other channels to fill in the gaps of what wasn't covered.

Sure some aspects of capabilities for equipment is picked up along the way when you rush levels into it, but how well can you learn certain aspects of a weapon/frame if you're rushing all your content? The large followings that channels can have, have the potential to influence game play and community mindset.

Not everyone watches these channels, but the influence is there nonetheless, otherwise DE wouldn't have bothered with highlighting certain people during streams or interviews, and by creating the official fan channel resources for them.

Using the same format over and over for builds and strategy gets boring. All of this leads to burn out for the content creator, who feels the need to continue to output content, and basing a channel around one game will easily burn a person out.

That hook of ad revenue though, that'll keep a larger channel pumping out content by rote and template. Putting up the same old Grineer/Corpus/Infested/Void builds will burn a content creator out. But that's the choice they've made in order to cover their bases, because if they don't, they tend to get nitpicked about not displaying that info.

And yet, I find it ungrateful of channels that were BUILT because of Warframe, with help from Digital Extremes and the community to say that after a couple of years and 1000+ hours, that they find the game boring and broken, and at the same time have negatively talked about the content of the game for so long.

What about a, "Hey thanks community and Digital Extremes for putting me on the map! Thanks for all the views and discussion, thanks for the hours of fun I've had with friends and viewers, thanks for the good times. I'm going to be integrating more content into my channel so I won't feel as burned out, so stick around as I'll have new content and continue to put out Warframe vids when new content from DE comes along."

And people that say they think the game sucks, after having played it for hundreds of hours....so are you saying you had no fun for those hundreds of hours? It's not right. This game isn't intended to complete your life and fill in the missing gaps!

Being positive isn't being a whiteknight. Being negative all the time and critical, and never talking about the bigger picture, never having patience, and constantly jumping to conclusions that are negatively based, does tend to influence a person's mindset.

In my opinion, when you rush content trying to get it out on day one, within hours of receiving the content, a lot of channels farm the affinity with boosters and efficient farming as quickly as possible, and then output a video (sometimes with multiforma already) on the weapon or frame, and give commentary by rote, based on the same ideas.

Why? Because they haven't had a chance to find any nuance to the weapon/frame, and are going off of community forum info, wiki info, and some commentary in the game with other players. They tend to pick out the negative aspects of the weapon/frame in what probably initially started as help for the player, so the player could tell if a weapon was worth getting or not. Unfortunately too much of that early on turned into influencing only using the most "OP" weapons/frames/mods/strategies, and left out a large portion of the community. This is actually fine, because it builds a variation of possibilities for other channels to fill in the gaps of what wasn't covered.

Sure some aspects of capabilities for equipment is picked up along the way when you rush levels into it, but how well can you learn certain aspects of a weapon/frame if you're rushing all your content? The large followings that channels can have, have the potential to influence game play and community mindset.

Not everyone watches these channels, but the influence is there nonetheless, otherwise DE wouldn't have bothered with highlighting certain people during streams or interviews, and by creating the official fan channel resources for them.

Using the same format over and over for builds and strategy gets boring. All of this leads to burn out for the content creator, who feels the need to continue to output content, and basing a channel around one game will easily burn a person out.

That hook of ad revenue though, that'll keep a larger channel pumping out content by rote and template. Putting up the same old Grineer/Corpus/Infested/Void builds will burn a content creator out. But that's the choice they've made in order to cover their bases, because if they don't, they tend to get nitpicked about not displaying that info.

And yet, I find it ungrateful of channels that were BUILT because of Warframe, with help from Digital Extremes and the community to say that after a couple of years and 1000+ hours, that they find the game boring and broken, and at the same time have negatively talked about the content of the game for so long.

What about a, "Hey thanks community and Digital Extremes for putting me on the map! Thanks for all the views and discussion, thanks for the hours of fun I've had with friends and viewers, thanks for the good times. I'm going to be integrating more content into my channel so I won't feel as burned out, so stick around as I'll have new content and continue to put out Warframe vids when new content from DE comes along."

And people that say they think the game sucks, after having played it for hundreds of hours....so are you saying you had no fun for those hundreds of hours? It's not right. This game isn't intended to complete your life and fill in the missing gaps!

Being positive isn't being a whiteknight. Being negative all the time and critical, and never talking about the bigger picture, never having patience, and constantly jumping to conclusions that are negatively based, does tend to influence a person's mindset.

Oh hey Janzer! Got yourself a new sub by the way ;) Finding another Warframe channel after losing one is great :D But yeah i agree, because most games that people pay for don't actually give players anywhere near the play time of Warframe. I'm up to 600 hours now. Yes, i do feel like "what do i do now" sometimes, but everyone can feel like that occasionally. I find Warframe a great game, and DE are one of the best game companies to do with how they listen to the community and build it off of our feedback. I, personally, don't really play Archwing much as im not a fan of it. But i don't think it's a bad addition by any means. It's only gonna get better as well!

Anyway, more on topic - Youtube creators such as yourself do a great deal to promote the game, help the community (even if not directly involved in the forums), and entertain players. I often watch warframe videos of weapons and frames i've already used a lot, because i find it interesting and entertaining to see how other people play the game. Keep up the good work, by the way!

This^

unsubbed! because im bitter when someone hates on my favewit toy!

Thats a really bad point. People might subscribe to a channel to know things about particular game. If this channel no longer provides content about this game, they have all the reasons to unsubscribe. Unsubscribing is normal. It is not an act of hatred.