The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

An Option To Change Lotus And Other Faction Transmissions (Severe Fps Drop)

Z_Stinger

Last weekend a few friends came to my place with theyr pc's/laptops to have a lan party playing warframe...

the problem is that all of us had the same issue:

Every time any lotus trasmission popup our frame rate drops from 60-80 to 10-15.

PD: My computer hardware is: a 8gb ram ddr 3 mhz1333, core i7 ghz3.07 and a nvidia 520 gtx.
note: my computer is the slowest among my friends and all of us have the same problem.

so now i'm asking to have an option to turn those transmissions back to how they were in update 9.

Last weekend a few friends came to my place with theyr pc's/laptops to have a lan party playing warframe...

the problem is that all of us had the same issue:

Every time any lotus trasmission popup our frame rate drops from 60-80 to 10-15.

PD: My computer hardware is: a 8gb ram ddr 3 mhz1333, core i7 ghz3.07 and a nvidia 520 gtx.

note: my computer is the slowest among my friends and all of us have the same problem.

so now i'm asking to have an option to turn those transmissions back to how they were in update 9.

Just curious, would you happen to be using vsync when this occurs? Can you try disabling vsync and see if that fixes the problem?

Also, which levels would you say have the greatest impact on transmission performance? Do you feel it go down when the transmission appears while playing on Grineer Asteroid or Corpus Ship?

Thanks a lot!

Just curious, would you happen to be using vsync when this occurs? Can you try disabling vsync and see if that fixes the problem?

Also, which levels would you say have the greatest impact on transmission performance? Do you feel it go down when the transmission appears while playing on Grineer Asteroid or Corpus Ship?

Thanks a lot!

Not the guy you asked the question to, but i get the FPS drops too. Basically any level the transmission is being played at sufers a bit from the FPS drop. Arbiters transmission eats A LOT of FPS, lotus and any other boss does too, but it seems to not be as bad on void missions. Either way the fps drop on my end is not bad but it can get in the way of precise movement especially during assasination missions where the transmissions play pretty much non stop.

Also noticed the transmissions don't seem to be affected by lowering the graphics options, wich may be what's causing it, lotus looks much more high res than any other thing in my game, and any other transmission for that matter.

Edited by Ingway

Thanks a lot!

The idea of letting us choose between 2d or 3d transmissions is pretty solid though! :)

In my case this issue of fps dropping occurs in every transmissions on every mission! the fps drops brutally in boss missions when they are very high rate and in survival missions where lotus appears almost all the time, I support the idea of letting us choose in options > display some kind of transmissions 2D or in 3D please or fix the 3D pacman like eater FPS!

Thanks a lot!

Just FYI, I don't know what other are getting but I wouldn't characterise the problem as an FPS drop and call it a hard halt as if loading in the syndicate model locks up the rendering pipeline.

It would look like a sudden drop in fps to a monitor but is would be more like a .5 sec lockup before the transmission for me. I'll see if I have a YouTube video of it happening.

Just FYI, I don't know what other are getting but I wouldn't characterise the problem as an FPS drop and call it a hard halt as if loading in the syndicate model locks up the rendering pipeline.

It would look like a sudden drop in fps to a monitor but is would be more like a .5 sec lockup before the transmission for me. I'll see if I have a YouTube video of it happening.

Yeah i think in crappy comps there's a bit of a pause that looks like it has the pop-up load up before it plays.

Mine does that too, but only for the first mission i play after turning on my PC or restarting.

A second freeze before Lotus/Synd transmission pop up.

Or maybe only happen in syndicate mission, i don't really remember.

I'll test it later with Show FPS turned on.

Edited by Dartiel