Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glave Prime

drMightyPotato

For a weapon thats rather hard to get (even harder if you are not favored by RNGsus) this weapon is weak, weak, weak.

I have used glave prime for a long time, i have the stance i try to use combos but alas the only good thing about that weapon is the throw damage and that gets boring quite fast.

The problems:

a) pathetic damage; fully modded and with a stance it takes more than one swing to down a corrupted t1 corpus unless you proc a lucky crit. The damage should be buffed big time cause as it is now its practicly overshadowed by a skana (even worse tho cause at least a skana can be quite strong with good mods and crimson dervish)

b) throwing animation; it deals good damage, but unless modded for it throwing it in a pack of enemies expecting a limb rain most of them arent even hit by it. Question: why do i have to mod a glave/glave prime with mods to make it do the same thing its counterpart can do in Dark Sector (even more of a joke considering that in DS the thing is so powerful it can be used from start to end with little difference with the aftertouch being the icing on the cake)

c) weird stance hitbox and lack of actual hitting; the problem here is that the attacks are slow as heck (its a light weapon, go figure >_>) the combo window is not only difficult to manage but even if you hit the enemy with the combo it takes so long to do those flashy  (but cool looking) attacks that most of enemies are already far away from its range and are counterattacking. Furthermore the enemies sometimes avoid the whole damn thing with just a simple sidestep (there is a combo part in the stance that throws the glave all around the wielder and yet the enemies that run behind you dont get hit by it (the combo takes too damn long to execute)).

All in all the weapon is very underwhelming, unless you like the constant throwing, something im not a fan of in this game.

Suggested fixes:

1: increase the damage... by ALOT, the weapon with max damage mods has barely 150 slash damage while my dakra prime has 250 with the same mods. It has 10% status and 5% crit chance so looking at ALL the stats its pathetic compared to most of the melee weapons in the game.

2: remove the bounces (or at least give us the aftertouch >_>) or reduce their ammount to two bounces per throw and remove the quick return mod. 

3: increase the attack speed for the stance and improve the hitbox or change the attacks to not give such a wide oppening to the enemies to turn you into swiss chesse by the time you are done with the first combo.

Thank you for your time.

1) Don't use melee mode with it

2) Don't slash with it, throw it

3) Use power throw and whirlwind to grind through enemies

4) Bounces are your friend if you miss, they tend to home to nearest enemy (not always)

5) Last bounce/channel explosion do massive damage.

Glaive itself is fine, deal nice damage. Prime problem is that it only upgrade flight speed. It could ramp damage a bit. Anyway its not weapon for anyone, I prefer kestrel the room ragdoller over glaive, but its okay weapon for nekros.

Agreed.  Aside from maybe improved throw speed, the weapon does pitiful damage, and lacks the kind of basic utility that the Kestrel has (which will knock enemies over when thrown).

My Galatine swings faster and does copious amounts of damage compared to Glave/Prime.  There's no reason to use the thing, as there's no reason to hurl your melee weapon when bows and guns are more effective for distance targets.  It's nice to be able to quietly smash Corpus cameras when you don't have a stealth primary/secondary, but directional melee has basically outmoded it.

Glaive needs a buff, even if you don't improve the throw damage, the base melee damage needs a buff, stat.

Ive been using Glaive Prime for a very long time.

As in some 60% use time (whatever that means, but with some 1700 hours in WF i think that means alot) over 40m XP earned on it and some 32k kills.

And i think its fine.

4) Bounces are your friend if you miss, they tend to home to nearest enemy (not always)

Glaive itself is fine, deal nice damage. Prime problem is that it only upgrade flight speed. It could ramp damage a bit. Anyway its not weapon for anyone, I prefer kestrel the room ragdoller over glaive, but its okay weapon for nekros.

Nice idea. Although i will never use Glaive Prime for anything but throwing but that's just me.

This is essencially the issue. While glave/glave prime are quite good as thrown weapons as far as other things the weapons falls flat at everything else. I like both functions of the weapon but one of those functions is quite good while the other is practicly shoting oneself in the foot. We were given a stance and stats for melee, at least finish the job properly and give us a functional weapon with two options to play with not just one and a half what we have now.

Increase Glaive Prime's base damage, increase status to 15% or crit, & remove the pointless delay animation thing that happens before you throw it (when melee is equipped main hand) & I'd main it again. 

Edited by Rexlars

It's a trade off. It will never be as powerful as other long swords like Dakra Prime because you have the utility and power in its ranged throwing attack. Pretty much what it was always intended for. I'm afraid this isn't Dark Sector, so it won't really match up to expectations there...

Though tweaks will certainly be necessary down the line as they start adding other special charge abilities on other melee weapons.

I use the Glaive Prime as my go to melee weapon.

The trick with using it is that you should avoid using it as a melee weapon and instead think of it as a secondary fire.

The Glaive isn't about mashing melee as much as possible, it is about finesse, timing your throws to cancel your reloads, getting that last hit on a nullifier, or finishing off a group of enemies before reloading

Plus if you run power throw and Quick Return on it it becomes a mini Ogris with infinite ammo.

Basically if you think the glaive prime is bad, then you are doing it wrong

How does the thrown explosion damage of the Kestrel compare to the Glaive Prime? I really like the Glaive as I see it as carrying around a third gun (Basically a penta w/o arc), which is really useful when I don't much care for melee weapons in general. However, Kestrel can rag-doll enemies, making it handy even when not main-hand wielding it for the explosion, and even has a syndicate mod (even if it's not super-useful, that's still a plus). If it's just as good at exploding as the Glaive Prime, then I'd definitely prefer it, but the wiki doesn't tell you what the explosion damage is. I'm also not too clear on whether it has better flight speed or charge time either.

How does the thrown explosion damage of the Kestrel compare to the Glaive Prime? I really like the Glaive as I see it as carrying around a third gun (Basically a penta w/o arc), which is really useful when I don't much care for melee weapons in general. However, Kestrel can rag-doll enemies, making it handy even when not main-hand wielding it for the explosion, and even has a syndicate mod (even if it's not super-useful, that's still a plus). If it's just as good at exploding as the Glaive Prime, then I'd definitely prefer it, but the wiki doesn't tell you what the explosion damage is. I'm also not too clear on whether it has better flight speed or charge time either.

Glaive Prime got the fastest throw speed among all the throw weapon. That's why it's ideal for the power throw+quick return combo. I mainly use it to quickly dispatch group of weak enemies. At higher level, the explosive damage just not enough. The stance is useless to me other than the extra mod point. With the release of Redeemer, I rarely use my Glaive prime. Redeemer did a lot more damage at range