Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make The Lotus A Syndicate, But....

AureusVulpes

The Lotus could be a 7th syndicate. However, instead of making the syndicate point gain affinity-based, let's do something... different.

Lotus syndicate points are not capped daily. Before you flip out about people with more time to play, there is a reason for this.

Lotus Syndicate points are gained far more slowly than other Syndicate points, and does not require the use of a sigil. Instead, various TENNO ACTIONS accumulate points.

- Command-based (special animation) stealth kills without any Warframe powers or Sentinel abilities active.

- Clearing a mission without enemies setting off the alarm at all.

- Killing an enemy during parkour (wallruns, wall attacks, perhaps more, but NOT simply for doing it midair or with slide/directional melee. Those are EASY.)

- Reviving a teammate. Limit 2 per teammate per mission or reward period (defense/survival/intercept)

- Reviving a teammate's (NOT YOUR OWN) Kubrow. Limit 2 per kubrow per mission/reward period.

These gains are intended to be slow and difficult. I am not sure what rewards could be offered for this kind of effort, but that's why gains are unlimited and a sigil is not needed. Plus, it's The Lotus. We already work for her.

I am open to other ideas.

> sekushiiandee has suggested that credit-only alerts reward Lotus points.

>maybe make Initiate faction sigils buyable with points in Rank 1?

>lotus points for parry counter finishers?

Edited by AureusVulpes

Yep. 1) Allow players to join Syndicates permanently after rank 5 (can only permanently join one, leaving means a penalty, joining an enemy means a bonus reward from that enemy), 2) make the Lotus a 7th faction for those who don't want to permanently join an existing Syndicate. That's what I'd like to see.

Yep. 1) Allow players to join Syndicates permanently after rank 5 (can only permanently join one, leaving means a penalty, joining an enemy means a bonus reward from that enemy), 2) make the Lotus a 7th faction for those who don't want to permanently join an existing Syndicate. That's what I'd like to see.

Well, for your point 2, everyone would be eligible for this, with no drawbacks, aside from the more skill-based faction gain rather than MindlessWar in Cerberus. [https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/379900-how-to-level-a-weapon-from-0-30-in-25min/] (Yes, that was intentional).

I actually think the suggestions you have for "Lotus Faction" rep gain should be incorporated into normal rep gaining.

The other focus of this is to reward different playstyles other than the standard "go in loud and blow everything up" play we've been experiencing the push toward (Survival, Defense, Intercept, etc), and so that players are also encouraged to play the other nodes in the star chart (something that the community has been clamoring about). Doing this would bring veterans and the like back to deception, spy, and the like. If these were incorporated into standard rep gain, nobody would care. At all. It would stay more effective to play in Cerberus for an hour until your faction gain ran out, and then log out for the day.

Edited by AureusVulpes

The other focus of this is to reward different playstyles other than the standard "go in loud and blow everything up" play we've been experiencing the push toward (Survival, Defense, Intercept, etc), and so that players are also encouraged to play the other nodes in the star chart (something that the community has been clamoring about). Doing this would bring veterans and the like back to deception, spy, and the like. If these were incorporated into standard rep gain, nobody would care. At all. It would stay more effective to play in Cerberus for an hour until your faction gain ran out, and then log out for the day.

On it's own, no. But with a lot of balancing I think we could reach a point where both playstyles are equally advantageous.

On it's own, no. But with a lot of balancing I think we could reach a point where both playstyles are equally advantageous.

Of course not, I'm not arrogant enough to believe my suggestion here would fix all the problems regarding playstyle diversity and starchart repopulation, but it sure as hek wouldn't hurt it.

Also: Lotus Points for command-based parry-countering. Where you channel block at just the right time, stagger the enemy's melee attack, and do the frontal finisher.

Edited by AureusVulpes

Doesn't fit the whole "lotus" syndicate, aren't we supposed to follow lotus orders if its a lotus syndicate? Not just challenge ourselves? I think lotus syndicate points should be based on how many credits you earn in a mission divided by 100 is your syndicate pay, and instead when you put on that lotus syndicate sigil, it immediately transfers all battle credit pay to lotus points.

Doesn't fit the whole "lotus" syndicate, aren't we supposed to follow lotus orders if its a lotus syndicate? Not just challenge ourselves? I think lotus syndicate points should be based on how many credits you earn in a mission divided by 100 is your syndicate pay, and instead when you put on that lotus syndicate sigil, it immediately transfers all battle credit pay to lotus points.

This idea would alienate newer players. Credits are immensely important for players starting out, and this would cater purely to the "overly rich veteran player". Plus, it opens the can of worms where players could just farm dark sectors for this.

For reference, I'm an "overly rich veteran player". I'm looking to promote different ways of playing, not doing what we're already doing.

Of course not, I'm not arrogant enough to believe my suggestion here would fix all the problems regarding playstyle diversity and starchart repopulation, but it sure as hek wouldn't hurt it.

You're misunderstanding me. I'm saying if you incorporated these:

- Command-based (special animation) stealth kills without any Warframe powers or Sentinel abilities active.

- Clearing a mission without enemies setting off the alarm at all.

- Killing an enemy during parkour (wallruns, wall attacks, perhaps more, but NOT simply for doing it midair or with slide/directional melee. Those are EASY.)

- Reviving a teammate. Limit 2 per teammate per mission or reward period (defense/survival/intercept)

- Reviving a teammate's (NOT YOUR OWN) Kubrow. Limit 2 per kubrow per mission/reward period.

As ways of gaining reputation, combined with other stuff (less affinity per general kill, but more per headshot, stealth kill, melee kill, etc) we could end up with a system where killing enemies isn't the most effective way of gaining reputation.*

*Until abilities and their mods are fixed, it would be difficult to prevent the current farming methods from being the best. However, even people who don't use extreme farming techniques still only gain reputation through killing, and some of those (at least me) probably want to do so in more skillful ways.

*Until abilities and their mods are fixed, it would be difficult to prevent the current farming methods from being the best. However, even people who don't use extreme farming techniques still only gain reputation through killing, and some of those (at least me) probably want to do so in more skillful ways.

Right. So instead of fighting it (because of the community outrage at forcing a longer grind, lets try to avoid that, ok? I've seen enough threads about that lately.) let's promote the use of those "more skillful ways" by making rewards specifically for skillful play. Veteran players have been calling for rewards for more skillful play since U10. Let's give it to them by creating rewards solely for skillful play. I don't see why you're advocating otherwise if you do want to be rewarded for skillful play.

Promote the use of it rather than punishing the lack of it.

Edited by AureusVulpes

Right. So instead of fighting it (because of the community outrage at forcing a longer grind, lets try to avoid that, ok? I've seen enough threads about that lately.) let's promote the use of those "more skillful ways" by making rewards specifically for skillful play. Veteran players have been calling for rewards for more skillful play since U10. Let's give it to them by creating rewards solely for skillful play. I don't see why you're advocating otherwise if you do want to be rewarded for skillful play.

Promote the use of it rather than punishing the lack of it.

Reputation farming is going to be nerfed. DE's not going to give up on it. I just think there could be a point where, if the skillful things offer enough, they are as viable as simply killing.

How about this: every stealth kill adds to a multiplier maxing at ten, so the tenth kill will give ten times the reputation. Now getting 20 or 30 stealth kills is as good an option as a couple rounds of Interception, provided the player is good enough to do it.

Perhapse each action could be worth 5 points to 50 points each. So that way the point gain will be more controled and not random. and each rank could work sort of like the ranking system does now (or maybe replace the current ranking system). which would make it easier for people who dont get new weapons often (me for example) to rank up.

also, each mission could be worth 5-50 points for non void missions depending on difficulty and all void missions could be worth 60-100 points per mission depending on rank. and in order to get to rank 2 you need 50k points and it goes up another 10k points with each rank (i.e. 60k points for rank 3, 70k point for rank 4, etc.)

Just some of my ideas.