The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Guys Think Of A Name Change In Warframes That Have Special Skins Put On?

(PSN)SB-PHUNKS

Just like the topic title states what are your thoughts in name changes when a warframe has a particular skin on such as Excalibur for example. I for one would like his name to change from Excalibur to Proto-Excalibur when i equip the proto armor skin from dark sector or maybe Obsi-Excalibur when i equip the obsidian Excalibur skin(make him stand out alittle). Same can be done to weapons that have a skin on such as Obsi-Skana or Obsi-Lato? The thing that gets me though would be if they then, would the name change effect the game in a negative manner if the player picks the immortal skin? would (for example) Immo-excalibur or Immo-Rhino work? i want to know your thoughts on this.

but it applies to an equipped skin not a simple color palette

A palette changes appearance, and nothing else.  So does a skin. 

It complicates identifying teammates loadouts in a group.  Not a lot, but since there's no actual benefit to doing so, it's real hard to accept even very minor inconveniences.

A palette changes appearance, and nothing else.  So does a skin. 

It complicates identifying teammates loadouts in a group.  Not a lot, but since there's no actual benefit to doing so, it's real hard to accept even very minor inconveniences.

well said, but i see it as hey i payed for this skin i want to show people that i have it on under my ign at least so they can see that and maybe get a "aw it looks cool" emotion out of them even when they probably wont otherwise while were running and jumping all over the place in rapidity (sounding all snotty and entitled like, "hey i bought this skin now look at it!" but not trying to sound like that) i understand that a cosmetic skin doesn't effect anything in anyway and i'm in a minimal level justifying my purchase wanting it to stand out. In opposition, primes having slots already forma'd thats why its name is prime effect in the way that they help your polarization. im going to put you in a situation containing the use of your excal prime. When people see it they know you were there since the beginning and helped warframe take off. If you otherwise used a normal excal nobody would know you bought the founders pack and if you disguised it with the immortal skin and an alternate helmet theyll still know looking under your ign. The same pertains to buying a skin, if its a normal excal no one would know you supported the game but if you equip the proto armor they'll know you supported the game early ps4. Im also sure if people look up "proto-excalibur" on wiki they would see that it is just an excal with a skin on but everyone would already know what a prime is.

Edited by (PS4)SB-PHUNKS

Or they could just use their eyes and see you've got a different skin on and ask "what is that skin?" and you could be nice enough to reply what they skin is, how they get it etc., We do have the chat box to help with this but I digress. Your already making your purchase "stand out" by using it and playing missions with it.

Also some founders just want to play with Excal Prime with a skin on without the actual frame being recognised as Excal Prime since some people have taken it upon themselves to annoy and get angry with founders over Excal Prime in the past. That's all I'm saying on that, don't need another argument on that subject.

well said, but i see it as hey i payed for this skin i want to show people that i have it on under my ign at least so they can see that and maybe get a "aw it looks cool" emotion out of them even when they probably wont otherwise while were running and jumping all over the place in rapidity (sounding all snotty and entitled like, "hey i bought this skin now look at it!" but not trying to sound like that) i understand that a cosmetic skin doesn't effect anything in anyway and i'm in a minimal level justifying my purchase wanting it to stand out. In opposition, primes having slots already forma'd thats why its name is prime effect in the way that they help your polarization. im going to put you in a situation containing the use of your excal prime. When people see it they know you were there since the beginning and helped warframe take off. If you otherwise used a normal excal nobody would know you bought the founders pack and if you disguised it with the immortal skin and an alternate helmet theyll still know looking under your ign. The same pertains to buying a skin, if its a normal excal no one would know you supported the game but if you equip the proto armor they'll know you supported the game early ps4. Im also sure if people look up "proto-excalibur" on wiki they would see that it is just an excal with a skin on but everyone would already know what a prime is.

Look, I understand wanting to be noticed and all, but skins aren't actually special.  If we say "OK, so skins should get special names", where do we stop?  There are a lot of cosmetics in the game, and more then a few require spending plat.  Should armor attachments get special names?  They spent money and want to stand out, just the way you do with your skin.  What about helmets?  Syndanas?  Color palettes?  These are all basically cosmetic things that players do to stand out.  Why put skins in a special category?

Or they could just use their eyes and see you've got a different skin on and ask "what is that skin?" and you could be nice enough to reply what they skin is, how they get it etc., We do have the chat box to help with this but I digress. Your already making your purchase "stand out" by using it and playing missions with it.

Also some founders just want to play with Excal Prime with a skin on without the actual frame being recognised as Excal Prime since some people have taken it upon themselves to annoy and get angry with founders over Excal Prime in the past. That's all I'm saying on that, don't need another argument on that subject.

yea i get what youre saying. Although i also come back to my previous post of everybody is running all over the place,flipping,wall running ect nobody can really ever get a good look at anyone other than the 3 seconds it takes for the last person to get on extract its just my thoughts and how it would be something simple yet neat to have. My 2 cents persay.

Look, I understand wanting to be noticed and all, but skins aren't actually special.  If we say "OK, so skins should get special names", where do we stop?  There are a lot of cosmetics in the game, and more then a few require spending plat.  Should armor attachments get special names?  They spent money and want to stand out, just the way you do with your skin.  What about helmets?  Syndanas?  Color palettes?  These are all basically cosmetic things that players do to stand out.  Why put skins in a special category?

i only thought the warframe skins that majorly effect appearance because its one major thing and not many different kinds of armor,helmets,syandanas ect all on one warframe but yea i understand nobody would want an arcane-excal or pyra-excal itll get ridiculous and meaningless at that point 

The problem here is that you usually buy skins for yourself, if you think it looks good you buy it. However, you want to buy them for other people to notice, which is bad.

Let me put it this way, what youre saying is like a guy would be telling people to wish him happy birthday at his birthday party.

This strikes me as being a very bad idea.  Qynchou covered the reasons it is straight bad quite well, as have other posters.

To put it bluntly, skins are not for showing off and rubbing in peoples' faces.  If they see you in game and want to compliment you on looking gnarly, then that's all well and good.  If they see you in game and feel the need to say something disrespectful, then >redacted for obscene language< because nobody cares about their negative opinions about personal preferences in aesthetics.

Skins and all cosmetics always have and always will be just for you to enjoy first and foremost.  If you wanna buy them to show off, that's your perogative and that's totally fine.  But this suggestion isn't a good idea at all as name changes are saved for alternate variants of items.  It'll just add needless junk on what is meant to be a streamlined way of looking at gear.

As an aside almost, they could have a way to "inspect" peoples' attachement lists from the profile check functionality.  It fits here because some one already wants to look at your profile for some given reason, of course it's still not thrown in their face unnecessarily.  Basically a button off to the side which is only there on the profile view screen, to then see skin/attachement listings on their equipped junk.  This would allow a similar function to what you desire, but in a place which is actually appropriate for it.

The problem here is that you usually buy skins for yourself, if you think it looks good you buy it. However, you want to buy them for other people to notice, which is bad.

Let me put it this way, what youre saying is like a guy would be telling people to wish him happy birthday at his birthday party.

at a very, very minimal level yes you buy skins to show off alittle and want people to see it because not everyone has it. Dont people show off excal prime for the same reason? but that is not what i am saying overall. i simply gave my thoughts on a suggestion saying that if a skin gives the warframe or weapon a completely different look almost as if its a completely different frame or weapon that it is shouldn't the major changes also change the name even alittle? like for example Samantha didnt like the look of her face and body so she got surgery to look like hayden panettiere and changes her name. I would say she is still the same person on the inside but on the outside she is not

This strikes me as being a very bad idea.  Qynchou covered the reasons it is straight bad quite well, as have other posters.

To put it bluntly, skins are not for showing off and rubbing in peoples' faces.  If they see you in game and want to compliment you on looking gnarly, then that's all well and good.  If they see you in game and feel the need to say something disrespectful, then >redacted for obscene language< because nobody cares about their negative opinions about personal preferences in aesthetics.

Skins and all cosmetics always have and always will be just for you to enjoy first and foremost.  If you wanna buy them to show off, that's your perogative and that's totally fine.  But this suggestion isn't a good idea at all as name changes are saved for alternate variants of items.  It'll just add needless junk on what is meant to be a streamlined way of looking at gear.

As an aside almost, they could have a way to "inspect" peoples' attachement lists from the profile check functionality.  It fits here because some one already wants to look at your profile for some given reason, of course it's still not thrown in their face unnecessarily.  Basically a button off to the side which is only there on the profile view screen, to then see skin/attachement listings on their equipped junk.  This would allow a similar function to what you desire, but in a place which is actually appropriate for it.

yes it doesnt throw it in peoles faces that dont care but if the guy is at max rank and a person just starting wants to see his frames/weapons and the skins he owns right next to that he can get that ahw factor a supporter of the game wants to give people. thank you for sharing

Given the Prostege pack thats been released on the Xbox One i now cant help but call my Excalibur the EXboner now haha. Its pretty awesome really, love the X themed helmet in particular.

haha niceXD yea i saw it its sweet! i personally think its better than the obsidian excal skin ps users got:)