Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifiers Are The Most Broken, Badly Designed Enemies Ever

4G3NT_0R4NG3

I despise nullifiers for the same reason I despise energy draining eximus.

If they want to strip us from out powers, they might aswell take akay everything from everyone, including mobs, and let us poke eachother to death with sticks. 

True balance.

Edited by Cynaris

I'm unhappy because that enemy that makes the game a LITTLE more challenging just stripped off my Turbulence and one-shot killed me, and there was nothing I could have done to stop it in time.

You had you power stripped while you were on Zephyr? Oh myyyyy.

I LOVE Nullifiers. I really think these types of enemies make WF better by forcing players to adapt. Adapt or die that's what I believe! I want DE to add enemies immune to damage types next (Puncture, Slash, ect..) because it'd force me to adapt to a new challenge.

The Nullfier Crewmen itself can be one-shot, not the shield. 

If you run in to bubble it is mostly a death sentence between his Lanka or any Heavy Gunner or Bombard.

Meanwhile I can kill Nullifiers from a safe distance using my Boltor Prime.

I LOVE Nullifiers. I really think these types of enemies make WF better by forcing players to adapt. Adapt or die that's what I believe! I want DE to add enemies immune to damage types next (Puncture, Slash, ect..) because it'd force me to adapt to a new challenge.

Adapt by using Boltor Prime or Soma?

Edited by igo95862

If you run in to bubble it is mostly a death sentence between his Lanka or any Heavy Gunner or Bombard.

Adapt by using Boltor Prime or Soma?

Lol what are you talking about? Use a quick firing weapon to disable the shield. Use short-controlled bursts (I find it helps.). If you don't have access to any rapid-fire options then you should consider building to be more tanky and utilize quick and mobile melee attacks to destroy them. I never get one-shotted on any of my 30th level frames. If I go down it's always a combination of disadvantages that I accidentally allowed to accumulate.

We are talking about guns, not melee weapons. 

And there are: 

- Latron Prime

- Latron Wraith

- Marelok

- Grinlok

- Opticor

- Panthera

And other ranged weapons that one-shot the Nullifier Crewmen. 

We are talking about guns, not melee weapons. 

And there are: 

- Latron Prime

- Latron Wraith

- Marelok

- Grinlok

- Opticor

- Panthera

And other ranged weapons that one-shot the Nullifier Crewmen. 

To one shot Nullifier you need to come inside the bubble. Boltor Pirme can kill them across the map.

Lol what are you talking about? Use a quick firing weapon to disable the shield. Use short-controlled bursts (I find it helps.).

A.k.a Boltor Prime. It was already popular enough. Shotguns and Sniper were not. Now there is even more reasons to use assault rifles. They outperform shotguns on close distances and sniper rifles on long distances.

Firstly, if you just rely on your powers to stay alive, get good and stop relying on them as much, change your play style and learn to adapt like us other vets.

Second. they have a lunka which last i checked was a sniper rifle/ rail gun, therefore long distance kills are resonable, the OHK if your standing still long enough for them to shoot at you then gg, you deserve to get downed for your stupidity. also their damage output may be high but coptering into their bubble is normally enough to kill them if you hit them because they have such minimal health

Third, first thing you have said that is actually a legitimate issue with them, if they were more like a frost bubble or iron skin with a set health limit that would be fine.

On a side note as many people have pointed out I DON'T HATE THEM I in fact like how they change the game up, they force people to change from the same play style they have been using for potentially their whole warframe play time, so stop saying the whole community hates them, unless you have a poll in which roughly 99.99% of the community took part in and all said they hate them,

Edited by Clats01

We are, for the last time, talking about the Nullifier Crewmen itself, disregarding the shield. 

If you want to kill him directly you need come inside the bubble which is basically a melee range and extremely risky.

Firstly, if you just rely on your powers to stay alive, get good and stop relying on them as much, change your play style and learn to adapt like us other vets.

Second. they have a lunka which last i checked was a sniper rifle/ rail gun, therefore long distance kills are resonable, the OHK if your standing still long enough for them to shoot at you then gg, you deserve to get downed for your stupidity. also their damage output may be high but coptering into their bubble is normally enough to kill them if you hit them because they have such minimal health

Third, first thing you have said that is actually a legitimate issue with them, if they were more like a frost bubble or iron skin with a set health limit that would be fine.

On a side note as many people have pointed out I DON'T HATE THEM I in fact like how they change the game up, they force people to change from the same play style they have been using for potentially their whole warframe play time, so stop saying the whole community hates them, unless you have a poll in which roughly 99.99% of the community took part in and all said they hate them,

1). I am just standing outside the bubble with my Loki and invisibility. My powers still protect me. My Boltor Prime or Synoid Grammacor kills them easily while my Paris Prime is dusted in my inventory.

2). I am invisible and they can't hit me.

And no. They don't change game at all. They just eliminate bows, sniper rifles and shotguns as viable weapons.

If you want to kill him directly you need come inside the bubble which is basically a melee range and extremely risky.

Hello: 

- Limbo with Rift mechanics (get close with Rift Walk, get a sprinting start, then slide into the bubble, which would also kill off the Nullifier Crewmen).

- Zephyr with Turbulence

- Mesa with Shatter Shield

- Valkyr herself

- Rhino with Iron Skin

- Frost with Snow Globe (so you can get in close to sliding range without being hit)

- Mirage with Hall of Mirrors and/or Eclipse

- Saryn with Molt

- Loki with Decoy and/or Invisibility

- Volt with Electric Shield (same with Frost)

- Trinity with Blessing

- Ash with Smoke Screen

Quite a few Warframes that can make that method viable. 

Buffs and walking into the shield, choose one only.

You do realise what I posted is to actually use energy to get the Nullifier Crewmen with little to no harm?

I already know that walking into the shield removes buffs. However, I also know that I can go near the shield, while staying outside it, will still have the buff on me available. So, placing the two together, use the buff to get close, then quickly slide in to kill the Nullifier Crewmen. 

Sliding inside the bubble is high risk. You can easily get knockdowned and killed by Heavy Gunners or Bombards. Boltor Prime is a low risk as you stand far away and just pop the bubble in a second killing Nullifier or any enemy inside.

Which is why there are powers to cast outside the shield to slide in. 

Sometimes, I start to think that some players are rather dead-set on things. 

Hello: 

- Limbo with Rift mechanics (get close with Rift Walk, get a sprinting start, then slide into the bubble, which would also kill off the Nullifier Crewmen).

- Zephyr with Turbulence

- Mesa with Shatter Shield

- Valkyr herself

- Rhino with Iron Skin

- Frost with Snow Globe (so you can get in close to sliding range without being hit)

- Mirage with Hall of Mirrors and/or Eclipse

- Saryn with Molt

- Loki with Decoy and/or Invisibility

- Volt with Electric Shield (same with Frost)

- Trinity with Blessing

- Ash with Smoke Screen

Quite a few Warframes that can make that method viable. 

And every single one of these is instantly removed from you as soon as you enter the bubble. You seem to lack the capacity to read literally the first problem I talked about in the OP.

And every single one of these is instantly removed from you as soon as you enter the bubble. You seem to lack the capacity to read literally the first problem I talked about in the OP.

And you also forget to read the justification for why I posted this: 

Sacrificial strategy. Sacrifice energy to get at a unit. 

And you also forget to read the justification for why I posted this: 

Sacrificial strategy. Sacrifice energy to get at a unit. 

You can't use damage reducing abilities to get close enough to melee a Nullifier, because they are surrounded by a shield which instantly removes any damage reducing abilities as soon as you enter it. I'm not entirely sure what the logic behind your argument is, or what your argument is in the first place. What you're saying doesn't make any sense.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

You can't use damage reducing abilities to get close enough to melee a Nullifier, because they are surrounded by a shield which instantly removes any damage reducing abilities as soon as you enter it. I'm not entirely sure what the logic behind your argument is, or what your argument is in the first place. What you're saying doesn't make any sense.

You get close, then do a melee slide attack. 

That is the point I am making: 

1. Use a damage reduction ability. 

2. Get close to the Nullifier Crewmen shield (do not go in yet). 

3. Sprint, slide into the shield, and do a slide attack. 

That way, you do not get killed while approaching the shield, and you still kill off the Nullifier Crewmen. Best results occur with weapons that have a long reach (such as the Orthos), but most melee weapons can do. 

That way, you do not get killed while approaching the shield, and you still kill off the Nullifier Crewmen. Best results occur with weapons that have a long reach (such as the Orthos), but most melee weapons can do. 

Then you instantly die to the 3 Bombards standing in his shield because he removed your damage reduction ability. Even if you land the slide attack, and even if the slide attack kills the Nullifier, you will be left vulnerable to however many enemies were being protected by the Nullifier, or however many are just in your general vicinity. I've tried this strategy, and I am always instantly gunned down as soon as my damage reduction ability is nullified.

Then you instantly die to the 3 Bombards standing in his shield because he removed your damage reduction ability. Even if you land the slide attack, and even if the slide attack kills the Nullifier, you will be left vulnerable to however many enemies were being protected by the Nullifier, or however many are just in your general vicinity. I've tried this strategy, and I am always instantly gunned down as soon as my damage reduction ability is nullified.

You are going to be fast with coptering, right?

Enemies tend to miss you while going rather quickly. 

Or, you can just circle the shield, shooting away and picking off enemies now exposed due to the shrunken shield. There are quite a few options to get at them.