Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mini-Boss Idea] Derf Anyo, Son Of Nef [The Immortal Megathread]

I guess it's all up to DE in the end. The idea is out there... it's a matter of whether they care to implement it or not. For all we know, they might not even like the idea. They might want to make the game more serious, rather than light-hearted, humorous and silly. Have they ever talked about it in livestreams? I haven't taken the time to watch them all.

There's a point to this. Just because we as a community take Stalker as a joke and entertainment and hilarity, and so do the Devs to keep it as a unique topic in the game (What Stalker? and such) - Doesn't mean that at its core it is just flavor and a joke.

He's kind of the core of Warframe's "TRUE" Story, what goes on behind the scenes that hasn't been implemented yet. Things won't always be as blunt as: "Wake up, Ninja, Kill 'bad' guys, Get monies".

OMG THIS THREAD IS UP AGAIN!

Oh I miss this thread. Still wish it had more up votes. 228 since this post.

Lets hit 300! If you haven't up voted yet do it now!

I'll just sit here drinking my white chocolate mixed coffee and my red velvet donut.

OMG THIS THREAD IS UP AGAIN!

Oh I miss this thread. Still wish it had more up votes. 228 since this post.

Lets hit 300! If you haven't up voted yet do it now!

I'll just sit here drinking my white chocolate mixed coffee and my red velvet donut.

I think this would be a pretty fantastic goal.

Another possibility of how Derf could spawn is have a little vent-opening fall down from the cieling (Like we do EVERY SINGLE TIME) and then have him fall headfirst into the floor, get up, strike a pose, commence fighting.

This is a hilarious concept. I really hope it comes to light, it would really help to have a sprinkle of humour in the game; this idea fits it perfectly!

I do approve. C'mon DE. You know you want to.

This idea might be too silly for Warframe... however it's immensely awesome.

If anything, I absolutely imagine his voice to be like Kronk's from "The Emperor's New Groove"... I don't know why. :D

That'll work.

This idea might be too silly for Warframe... however it's immensely awesome.

If anything, I absolutely imagine his voice to be like Kronk's from "The Emperor's New Groove"... I don't know why. :D

You mean the guy that has the exact same voice in every role he plays?

Brock Samson, Joe Swanson, Rip Riley, etc etc etc.

His name is Patrick Warburton.

Edited by Feam

You mean the guy that has the exact same voice in every role he plays?

Brock Samson, Joe Swanson, Rip Riley, etc etc etc.

His name is Patrick Warburton.

I admit I didn't look into it that far, but Kronk just immedeatly came to mind... thanks for the info! :D

The More You Know...

===

Edited by Sherbniz

I approve of this kind of lighthearted, humourous boss! The concept is great, and I love your illustration.

Surely he should appear after you've killed his father, saying:

"My name is Derf Anyo. You killed my father, prepare to die."

my name is derf anyo prepare to laugh your ball off

I think that with a few tweaks that this idea could be a very welcome addition to the game, as it has been said before this new Anyo shouldn't praised when he spawns ingame for his drops, but for the experience of fighting him (or rather instead simply watching him attempt to fight you). To remedy this I think that he should perhaps the first you fight him he would have a 100% chance to drop whatever bp is to be assigned to him and then not have a 100% chance to drop it for whenever you fight him again (just like captain Vor with the Cronus). Also for my own contribution to the idea, since the stalker messages people before he comes into the game along with having the lights flicker, maybe Anyo could have a similar mechanic where you could hear him (read text) talking to himself as he searches for you and maybe instead of flickering lights you could hear the sounds of him trying to make it through the airducts not quite as gracefully as you do.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe the Derf concept could one day be the remake of actual Nef. Just like how Kril, Vor, and soon Phorid are getting remakes!

He's collecting Warframes like a crazed fan anyway, right? Just a tad more aggressive and serious.

(When I bump this thread I try to throw my latest related-thought into this already massive pool of absurdity, hilarity and creativity.)

• 1 month later...