Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mini-Boss Idea] Derf Anyo, Son Of Nef [The Immortal Megathread]

DE had better do this, or I'm losing all hope in them as a company, it may seem silly, but, dammit, the Tenno are already ninja, and the corpus are clearly already fanboys, they just need a spokesman dammit. XD

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the thing though. If this was the son of Nef Anyo, then he'd die in like a single clip from an unmodded Braton.

All in all, love the idea. Also, I love how the 4th alt helm is pretty much a power ranger mech helm.

This game needs more content badly. This would be kinda cool I guess... but it wouldn't add much more to the game. I'd rather them prioritize on more important things.

The game has plenty of content, the content just doesn't connect (Try saying that 10 times in a row.)

When update 9 arrives and all that we have now gets refined and improved, what looked like 50 hours of grind has the potential to become 1000 hours of fun.

When you just throw content aimlessly at a game, it gets consumed, destroyed, and forgotten. Same effect for the entire game itself over a long period of time.

Also, Derf4President etcetc

The game has plenty of content, the content just doesn't connect (Try saying that 10 times in a row.)

When update 9 arrives and all that we have now gets refined and improved, what looked like 50 hours of grind has the potential to become 1000 hours of fun.

When you just throw content aimlessly at a game, it gets consumed, destroyed, and forgotten. Same effect for the entire game itself over a long period of time.

Also, Derf4President etcetc

Each to their own. I'd rather have more game modes (either more PvE modes or even PvP modes) and things to do than some little sideshow character that interacts with stalker encounters or is basically another stalker-type character. I'm not knocking the idea of Derf. But I think there's more important things to worry about at this moment in time.

one new model, few new animations and first time to actually hire a voice actor wouldn't keep the team DE has now from making any significant progress in overall updates for very long. just so you know.

one new model, few new animations and first time to actually hire a voice actor wouldn't keep the team DE has now from making any significant progress in overall updates for very long. just so you know.

I guess it's all up to DE in the end. The idea is out there... it's a matter of whether they care to implement it or not. For all we know, they might not even like the idea. They might want to make the game more serious, rather than light-hearted, humorous and silly. Have they ever talked about it in livestreams? I haven't taken the time to watch them all.

I'm all for more content, especially unique enemies, but I wonder if the Grineer can even procreate.. I mean they are a clone race.  With such far along genetic degredation I don't think there would technically be any offspring just copies.

I suppose you could still refer to a clone based off your genetic material your son or daughter... kind weird though. If I could clone my self I wouldn't refer to it as my son.. and I sure as hell wouldn't trust him!

Each to their own. I'd rather have more game modes (either more PvE modes or even PvP modes) and things to do than some little sideshow character that interacts with stalker encounters or is basically another stalker-type character. I'm not knocking the idea of Derf. But I think there's more important things to worry about at this moment in time.

I never said Derf is any more important than Content. Derf is flavor.

And I never have, never will, and would never even CONSIDER saying Game Modes are just "Content" (Maybe I have a wrong understanding of what people mean by content.)

When I talk about Content I mean things like new Weapons, Warframes, Resources and buildables. Giving us new ways to use the current weapons and enemies and warframes is actual GAMEPLAY.

I definitely agree that more Gameplay is high priority.

In my ranks things are along the lines of:

Refining what we have > New Gameplay > New Systems (Crafting, Trading, Fusing, etc) > Flavor ( New Animations, New Sounds, New Events, etc) > More Weapons / Warframes / Sentinels, etc.