The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's Excited For Difficult 8 Man Raids?

geninrising

I just wanted to get a little feedback from the community regarding DE's statement that 8 man raids will be exceedingly difficult and require great teamwork to complete them.

I for one am ECSTATIC! 

In a game that I feel should have a high skill cap, the content is often trivialized through various means, be it ability spam or camping in one way or another. I honestly cannot wait.

Several concerns have been expressed within the following posts.

Difficulty- Surprisingly people here seem to welcome true skill based difficulty barring shallow attempts at pseudo difficulty such as unavoidable damage attacks

Ability Spam- There has thus far been several statements that Abilities will allow us to trivialize the Raid content, we can only hope that DE addresses this in a more creative way than nullifiers.

Stability- This appears to be a major concern for many involved here and should be a major focus.

Edited to include concerns of Stability, Pseudo Difficulty, Ability spam trivializing the combat

Edited by geninrising

With a totally new mission like 8 man raid, Warframe should - or I hope - get some drastic change in boss fights. That is what's missing, but it still won't make end game with that. We need a LOT of those, and a lot of other bosses reworked. A lot of things to be done.

I'd actually like to see some diversity in groups... Not just a squad of 8 Rhinos...

Right now though, I'm just imagining the other game type possibilities. Oh god, the ideas that come to mind..

Raid seems like a good start, but I hope they don't stop with that (I know they probably won't, but the wait is going to kill me.)

As long as the 8-player part is optional. 

I'm very much looking forward to going into these solo all in Dark Souls mode trying not to die in an environment designed to kill me so hard I fatally die to death.

Edited by VKhaun

I'd actually like to see some diversity in groups... Not just a squad of 8 Rhinos...

Right now though, I'm just imagining the other game type possibilities. Oh god, the ideas that come to mind..

Raid seems like a good start, but I hope they don't stop with that (I know they probably won't, but the wait is going to kill me.)

I know Spy mission type getting reworked. I REALLY hope something rad. Also more mission types yes.

As long as the 8-player part is optional. 

I'm very much looking forward to going into these solo all in Dark Souls mode trying not to die in an environment designed to kill me so hard I fatally die to death.

Actually DE stated that it will REQUIRE 8 players. It's not likely it will be an optional thing, although I hope it will be. I am looking forward to completing it with my 3 closest friends.

Defending 2 pods at the same time.

Defense is a horrible idea for the raid. Let's make a super hard mode doing something Tenno already do to death. 

Admittedly though I laughed considering that was my first worry. That DE would call it this great thing and hype the hell out of it only to find it's a wasted opportunity(archwing).

Well! If it's challenging and the boss phases are well designed / fun and not like lech kril or sargas ruk (long periods of invulnerability that require you to repeat the same thing 3 or 4 times before you can actually kill him) then I'll be happy.

Edited by RIOTx