The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who's Excited For Difficult 8 Man Raids?

geninrising

Unless we fight against Grineer in machines or whatever.... weak argument, the CC of 8 players will indeed be insane, how is DE going to do that?

Remember Warframe in CB, Tenno.... Remember.... "COMBAT FORMATION BRAVO!!"... Archwing is more like a completely new game, maybe U16 will add more.

And lets not forget "Leave my mother out of this lol!"

I'm up for a challenge!

The whole point of a raid is that it's supposed to be difficult. I don't mind being oneshotted if that's what it takes for a boss. I just hope that they don't make it too difficult.

Edited by wtrmlnjuc

True, but I wouldn't call that "wasted". More just, "in its infancy". 

I'm aware. It's just that the hype did not match what was delivered and that's what my initial comment was based on.

I am all for AW as long as it meshes with the rest of warframe and provides benefits to said core gameplay rather than just being a change of gameplay. Currently the only reason to do AW is...AW there is no benefit to having a pimped out AW as it cannot help you earn anything for your overall WF experience other than varied gameplay. WF is reward driven from the beginning to the end and currently there is no reward for AW that is not FOR AW. That seriously rubs me raw as AW time is spent to only improve AW which is akin to a sort of side game. Even once it is implemented fully I will not feel it's complete. Until it has some way of earning exclusive stuff for ground gameplay I will not see it as beneficial.

I'm up for a challenge!

The whole point of a raid is that it's supposed to be difficult. I don't mind being oneshotted if that's what it takes for a boss. I just hope that they don't make it too difficult.

1 Shotting us is acceptable as long as a margin of skill can be applied to prevent it. Anything that is hitscan or hits the whole map is unacceptable and equates to pseudo-difficulty.

OP updated to include various concerns posted throughout this thread.

Edited by geninrising

This should be a pretty powerful group.

1 Nova

1 Banshee

2 Trinity

4 Zephyr

Now you have CC, damage boost, healing and bullets that will never hit you. I just can't see how they will balance this game mode because almost no matter what it'll be ridiculous. 

Unless it's Archwing mode only.

Group comps that have that kind of strength have alot to handle, but how about this enemy:

Big dude, big axe, big armor.  Call him the "Quartermaster" or whatever, make him popular with the troops.

For special attacks he's got a charge with about a five second refresh, large damage and ragdoll to the moon knockback.

If nobody is in melee range for a period of five seconds, he whips out his AkHeks modded for toxin and unloads.  Make sure they're strong enough that this is intensely undesirable.

He blocks, and has a stamina bar.

At every fifteen percent health lost, he Rhino stomps.

If he gets hard CC'd(as in, can't move via Trinity #1 or many, many others), he screams for help and gets a platoon of eximus coming at the players.  CC functions correctly on him, but heavy use of it leaves you overwhelmed by an army of draining, leeching, flame ringing, blitzing horrors.

His standard melee attack(enough damage to two shot say, a full vitality/constitution/redirection/iron skin Rhino) has a 1.5 speed and negates a duration buff on hit(if not blocked) with a significant chance of a raid boss level bleed proc.  Blockable, somewhat dodgeable, but nobody is going to stand there and face tank him without significant outside help.

If he gets hit in the back, that'll be his next charge target.  Gives the players some control over his movement, but also means placement is critical or you'll get him unloading shield ignoring ranged hell.

Beatable?  For sure.  But that's just an example that some sleepy guy dreamed up off the top of his head that would leave you needing a more rounded group comp.

Group comps that have that kind of strength have alot to handle, but how about this enemy:

Big dude, big axe, big armor.  Call him the "Quartermaster" or whatever, make him popular with the troops.

For special attacks he's got a charge with about a five second refresh, large damage and ragdoll to the moon knockback.

If nobody is in melee range for a period of five seconds, he whips out his AkHeks modded for toxin and unloads.  Make sure they're strong enough that this is intensely undesirable.

He blocks, and has a stamina bar.

At every fifteen percent health lost, he Rhino stomps.

If he gets hard CC'd(as in, can't move via Trinity #1 or many, many others), he screams for help and gets a platoon of eximus coming at the players.  CC functions correctly on him, but heavy use of it leaves you overwhelmed by an army of draining, leeching, flame ringing, blitzing horrors.

His standard melee attack(enough damage to two shot say, a full vitality/constitution/redirection/iron skin Rhino) has a 1.5 speed and negates a duration buff on hit(if not blocked) with a significant chance of a raid boss level bleed proc.  Blockable, somewhat dodgeable, but nobody is going to stand there and face tank him without significant outside help.

If he gets hit in the back, that'll be his next charge target.  Gives the players some control over his movement, but also means placement is critical or you'll get him unloading shield ignoring ranged hell.

Beatable?  For sure.  But that's just an example that some sleepy guy dreamed up off the top of his head that would leave you needing a more rounded group comp.

This is precisely what I am looking to see. Something that truly pushes us to strategize(why does this forum think so many words are misspelled or not really words)  as a means of SURVIVAL not just speedy completion.

Well i dont know how to tell you this, but it aint happening.

Really how do you know? I mean as in KNOW and not mere supposition based upon some thought you have? The only thing we currently know is that DE has stated that players will not be able to complete it without a certain level of skill. In fact they clearly stated that some will not be able to complete it at all.

Really how do you know? I mean as in KNOW and not mere supposition based upon some thought you have? The only thing we currently know is that DE has stated that players will not be able to complete it without a certain level of skill. In fact they clearly stated that some will not be able to complete it at all.

Because we are talking about warframe here... so yeah i know.

Because we are talking about warframe here... so yeah i know.

When debating new content, supposition cannot replace detailed data as a contributing factor of KNOWLEDGE. So clearly, you do not know, of course due to experience with the company you may THINK you do. Remember thinking something and knowing something are two entirely different things. 

When debating new content, supposition cannot replace detailed data as a contributing factor of KNOWLEDGE. So clearly, you do not know, of course due to experience with the company you may THINK you do. Remember thinking something and knowing something are two entirely different things.

Sure thing broskii. You can believe whatever you wish, but let the rest of us realists be. And it's not superstition, it's science. The act of observing a series of events and making a prediction based on that information. Sure, it's just a prediction, but people, myself included, wouldn't feel this way if there was previous evidence to support such opinions. It should be noted I would absolutely LOVE if DE proved me wrong and raids turn out to be amazing.

But hey, don't let me rain on your parade of hope and positivity. I'm sure it will all turn out great. That last part was sarcasm.

Edited by DJ_Redwire

Personally I'm hoping that the enemies in general go for quality instead of quantity (don't bunch up en masse but enter rooms one at a time) and have some sort of defense mechanisms against being completely stunlocked. (that's not to say they can't be stunned or are immune to all abilities like nullifiers.

Sure thing broskii. You can believe whatever you wish, but let the rest of us realists be. And it's not superstition, it's science. The act of observing a series of events and making a prediction based on that information. Sure, it's just a prediction, but people, myself included, wouldn't feel this way if there was previous evidence to support such opinions. It should be noted I would absolutely LOVE if DE proved me wrong and raids turn out to be amazing.

But hey, don't let me rain on your parade of hope and positivity. I'm sure it will all turn out great. That last part was sarcasm.

The thing about using Science where people(DE) are concerned is...people do not always perform exactly the same way as they have previously. In fact people are known to go above and beyond your expectations in rare circumstances. So what you claim is knowledge is in effect actually EXPECTATION and therefore by definition NOT knowledge but an idea on the matter without real substance until proven or disproved. Argue all you want to but facts are facts gentlemen.

In case you could not tell, I am big on definitions.

Was excited then I saw that they intend to have half the mission using archwing...and my excitement died.

I don't enjoy archwing at all. :(

I thought that was just for the infested boss guy and not 8 man raids.

Edited by JakeRobber

Was excited then I saw that they intend to have half the mission using archwing...and my excitement died.

I don't enjoy archwing at all. :(

AW is for the J3 Golem redux not for the raid as we are aware so far. The raid may have a AW portion but it has not been confirmed yet.

If it's not going to be a lazy design filled with one shotting Nullifiers i'll be excited... I still fail to understand how DE finds the design of Nullifiers great and put them into all their high level content only to add artificial challenge with their aimbotting immunity shields.