Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Copter And Flying Melee Weapon?

(PSN)icysuspect

Question

So today I found out the magic of looking up, jumping and then meleeing (with certain weapons) = flight. With the Orthos Prime, I am defying gravity, which is just amazing.

Now I have always loved coptering super far, and so now I am wondering, what weapon does both really well? I want to build and use a melee weapon exclusively for maximum mobility and utility-- coptering and flying mostly.

(Note: I'm on PS4 so some weapons have yet to be released.)

19 answers to this question

When it's released, get the Tipedo. It's like a typical jack-of-all-trades for damage and mobility, except it's a beast at both of them.

- 20% base crit rate; second-highest of all melee weapons (compared to the 25% of Ichors, Zorens, Atterax, etc).

- Joint-fastest base speed of any melee weapon in the game (1.3).

- Currently-fastest base speed of any crit-based melee weapon in the game. Even Ichors (1.1) and Zorens (1.2) fall behind.

- Wide range. Great for easy Berserker stacking.

- Very powerful "Directional Melee" boost, similar to other large weapons like the Bo series and the Orthos series.

- "Press E to destroy map" when using Clashing Forest, due to good attack power and godlike speed+range.

- Easily fast enough for either Berserker-reliant or Fury-reliant builds (although you may want to stick with Amphis if you don't want to rely on crits, due to the higher base damage).

The Tipedo is still an overall sidegrade to Bo Prime and Amphis if you want to use it for active combat, but if you care about mobility and nothing more, then this weapon has no rival.

Prior to the Tipedo's release, the best mobility weapons include:

- Ichors & Zorens (Berserker-capable; but short-ranged and have poor Directional Melee range)

- Bo Prime (beastly damage and attacking mobility; but somewhat lacking in speed compared to other god-tier mobility weapons)

- Amphis (God-tier coptering, directional melee, and attacking mobility; but somewhat lacking in DPS compared to other god-tier melee weapons)

Edited by SortaRandom

I've started building the Amphis. Looking forward to the Tipedo, but I need the best mobility weapon in the interim. I've learned as I play that I don't really use melee outside of Dark Sector Conflicts, or when I'm screwing around with an invisible Loki in some alert or something. For those situations, I'll exchange for something more suited for that.

Ceramic Dagger is the best copter. Not amphis, not dual zorens, not scoliac, not tipedo. Ceramic dagger. Don't believe me? Volt speed + ceramic dagger can fling me 180+ meters, Ive done the measurements. Try doing that with anything else, you can't.

(Watch it in fullscreen)

Edited by cyrus106

I've started building the Amphis. Looking forward to the Tipedo, but I need the best mobility weapon in the interim. I've learned as I play that I don't really use melee outside of Dark Sector Conflicts, or when I'm screwing around with an invisible Loki in some alert or something. For those situations, I'll exchange for something more suited for that.

Better get a Bo and Kunai ready when it comes out.

Ceramic Dagger is the best copter. Not amphis, not dual zorens, not scoliac, not tipedo. Ceramic dagger. Don't believe me? Volt speed + ceramic dagger can fling me 180+ meters, Ive done the measurements. Try doing that with anything else, you can't.

But I don't think it has the "flying" directional melee capabilities, does it? (couldn't catch the video, I'll examine it later though)

I really like the practicality of the directional melee, allows me to save a lot of time that I would normally spend going up stairs or climbing stuff -- along with a good copter the mobility improvement is wonderful.

Edited by (PS4)icysuspect

But I don't think it has the "flying" directional melee capabilities, does it? (couldn't catch the video, I'll examine it later though)

I really like the practicality of the directional melee, allows me to save a lot of time that I would normally spend going up stairs or climbing stuff -- along with a good copter the mobility improvement is wonderful.

It does actually have good air melee, not tipedo-tier but it is far better than say, the zorens. Edited by cyrus106