Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Properly Farm Vay Hek Night Blue Pigment

MariAnnette

Question

I've seen a lot of discussion on the forums about players and clans not getting pigments to drop from Vay Hek's Terra frame and that he is bugged and doesn't drop any pigments.  This is simply not the case.  After some experimenting and wasting a couple of keys farming this INCORRECTLY, my clan has figured out what you need to do to properly collect Vay Hek pigments. It works every single time. We collected all the necessary pigments for my clan in 5 runs. (30 out of 30 for a shadow clan)

What you do. Once Vay Hek reaches his final form, TAKE YOUR TIME and DO NOT RUSH killing him. Let him hop around a bit and run through his dialog, which is several lines of taunts to the team. Once he finishes his dialog completely, he will hop around and will come to the head of the river.  This is where we killed him. Once you take him down, Hek will hop out of the Terra Frame and run off, which will then cause his Terra Frame to explode and drop pigments and other resources.

If you kill Vay Hek too quickly, the Terra Frame simply vaporizes and you will not get any pigments or resources.

One of my teammates video'ed one of our runs so you can see how it is done!

Good luck and happy hunting, I hope this helps any clans that are stuck on this pigment.

8 answers to this question

If you have to kill him a special way to make him (IT fit better...) loot the pigment, i believe it's bugged.

We still have no news from [DE]Danielle, he reported this to the devs, so no clue if it really is a bug or not.

I still think vay hek's pigments are truly bugged, i managed to get more than 900 of them without him it looting any.

We tried rushing it through 2 keys and got absolutely nothing. We looked all over the map to make sure that we hadn't overlooked them. Then we ran an experimental slow kill run and got pigments to drop. Every single time. Both boosters help immensely.  6 pigments between 2 players - I was running both resource doubler and drop chance booster, while my clan mate was running just a resource doubler.