Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do People Keep Nerfing The Wiki Tables?

Llyssa

There are a number of highly-useful tables on the wiki.

There are a number of highly-useful tables on the wiki that were replaced with rather inept ones that make them practically useless.

It's been rather trendy lately, from what I can tell, but I'm not really sure why.

Does anyone know?

As in, for example, there's a table on the syndicates page. Formerly, it listed frames in groups in one column, with which syndicates were needed for that group. That's really useful.

Now, that table has been replaced with an alphabetical listing of all frames, with the info about which syndicate they're tied to separated out, so that you have to check for each frame individually, and have no quick-reference to plan out your point strategies--effectively forcing you to either keep extended notes, or just use the in-game syndicate interface, which, although clumsy, is far more informative.

That's one of several that I've seen replaced for some bizarre reason.

Another was the archwing drop table, which listed which mission locations gave which parts, grouping together things by goal(what it completed) and location. Very useful to know where you need to go to help you get what you want to acquire.

That was replaced with box lists containing only data for mission types and all things dropped, with no grouping at all.... so you have to search the ever-lengthening lists for exactly what you need.

Another was the archwing drop table, which listed which mission locations gave which parts, grouping together things by goal(what it completed) and location. Very useful to know where you need to go to help you get what you want to acquire.

That was replaced with box lists containing only data for mission types and all things dropped, with no grouping at all.... so you have to search the ever-lengthening lists for exactly what you need.

Yes, very difficult to search for e.g. a Corpus Exterminate among the whole 8 missions that are listed right above the drop table here.

As in, for example, there's a table on the syndicates page. Formerly, it listed frames in groups in one column, with which syndicates were needed for that group. That's really useful.

Now, that table has been replaced with an alphabetical listing of all frames, with the info about which syndicate they're tied to separated out, so that you have to check for each frame individually, and have no quick-reference to plan out your point strategies--effectively forcing you to either keep extended notes, or just use the in-game syndicate interface, which, although clumsy, is far more informative.

All Syndicates have different frames, so I wonder how the first one wasn't chaotic.

I'd personally list Syndicates and show which warframes they all focus on instead of the other way around as it currently is the case.

As in Red Veil - Nekros, Mesa, Loki etc.

I believe the reasoning is that if people want info on Syndicates in general (in relation to the rest of the game that already existed) they will visit that page, whereas if they want info on a specific Syndicate they will visit that Syndicate's page.

• So the current method benefits players who can look up their preferred frame easily and then see which Syndicates they might want to choose because they will see the ones that can benefit what they have.  This is because every player will have a frame before they have a Syndicate.

• Versus if they want to see what an individual Syndicate offers in detail, they visit that Syndicate's page where it lists the groups of frames (as well as weapons).

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Cephalon_Suda For example.

The change may have been because the original design worked for the smaller sets of data involved initially, but a lot more augment mods have some out and duplicating all the info on the main page was seen as a waste of space or something?

You guys never actually saw the other ones, so you're just spitballing BS answers. That isn't helpful.

Sorry, but the drop table of the archwing parts tells you which mission type it drops in and the table right above tells you which missions fit that. It's easy to find what you're looking for there.

You can see what frames are gotten by which Syndicates and can also see the list of frames that particular Syndicate offers as well.

What more could you possibly want?

You guys never actually saw the other ones, so you're just spitballing BS answers. That isn't helpful.

If I'm missing info that's critical to the discussion, then you should try to supply it if you're pointing out a problem.  From the initial reactions to this thread, you should be aware that this is not something people instinctively know about.

At the top of every page there's a "Edit" button, click the dropdown arrow next to it and click the "History" button.  You'll be presented with a list of edits, if you click the timestamp you'll go to a page that's a permanent representation of that article at that time.  Present us two history links that show us the differences so we can see for ourselves the differences, and then provide more details if needed.

If I'm missing info that's critical to the discussion, then you should try to supply it if you're pointing out a problem.  From the initial reactions to this thread, you should be aware that this is not something people instinctively know about.

At the top of every page there's a "Edit" button, click the dropdown arrow next to it and click the "History" button.  You'll be presented with a list of edits, if you click the timestamp you'll go to a page that's a permanent representation of that article at that time.  Present us two history links that show us the differences so we can see for ourselves the differences, and then provide more details if needed.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Archwing?oldid=860802

Meh i think this was better(its faster to locate the part you are looking for), but the new one is ok too, and the reason behind it was so it resembles the Void tables.

Edited by Khawz